• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Any preferences?

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
For years I used to imagine Gerrard scoring the long awaited title deciding winning goal. Always at anfield in front of the Kop. Always last minute. It never happened.
But now the only thing to be determined in this title victory is where it will happen and who will score the goal.
Do you have a preference? A home game where the 30 years can truly be evaporated? At the Etihad? Emirates? Goodison?

Personally I’d love to do it at Goodison with Trent scoring the winner!

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
It's not a title race at the moment, but rather an epic stroll a la City two years ago, so I imagine there won't be much drama around it. This team is way too good to collapse, it's just s matter of doing the same things until it's done. Would be nice to clinch it at Anfield with a win, but other than that I don't care how it happens.

Commando

Ad-free Member
The winning goal goes in off a deflected shot that ricochetes around the box and slips over the line in the first minute. Our opponents then batter us for the next eighty nine minutes plus time added on (hopefully at Woodison (sponsored by Jewson (8x4 plyboard £15.99 or £12.99 for orders over 100 sheets)). Just watching today’s game back on LFCTV. It’s strange how much calmer I feel now watching it than at the actual time.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
The earliest we can win it if we win them all is the Emptyhad. Obviously I don't want us to drop any points before then, so a last minute screamer from Henderson would suit me down to the ground.

I'm not convinced City won't drop points before then, so home to Palace in similar circumstances would be okay or away at Everton with an Origi special would be fine.

But honestly not bothered. If it goes in off Gary Cahill's arse and that's the winner, then so be it. It will still becomes the stuff of legend and perhaps of words yet to be sung.

Limiescouse

The earliest we can win it if we win them all is the Emptyhad. Obviously I don't want us to drop any points before then, so a last minute screamer from Henderson would suit me down to the ground.

I'm not convinced City won't drop points before then, so home to Palace in s would be okay or away at Everton with an Origi special would be
Thats the earliest we can win it if CITY win all theirs. If they drop points then we of course can win it sooner.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
as much as i can understand the thoughts with winning it at some of those places that for decades have revelled in our lack of league success, i have to say....

winning it at home, scoring into the kop in the second half in a procession of smiles and talent, so the lads can really enjoy the last 30 minutes or so on the park

thats what this manager, this set of players, supporters and club deserves, a celebration, a party on and off the park....theyve bought so much joy to the actual journey, i hope they can really just stay in the stadium and party for hours.

not a muted lock in and an away dressing room.

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
as much as i can understand the thoughts with winning it at some of those places that for decades have revelled in our lack of league success, i have to say....

winning it at home, scoring into the kop in the second half in a procession of smiles and talent, so the lads can really enjoy the last 30 minutes or so on the park

thats what this manager, this set of players, supporters and club deserves, a celebration, a party on and off the park....theyve bought so much joy to the actual journey, i hope they can really just stay in the stadium and party for hours.

not a muted lock in and an away dressing room.
This is the only answer.
Win it at Anfield, in front of as many of our amazing supporters as possible.

jay90

no scorer. no winning goal.

we win with a dull 0-0 at eastlands, preferably playing some kinda 8-0-2 hoofball. for the bantz

actually, jokes aside, a last second equaliser from the captain to clinch the title just as the mancs are celebrating ruining the unbeaten season for us would be perfect for me.

if we win it at goodison you don't get to choose the scorer. it's going in off div's arse..

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Just win the fucking thing, at a canter if possible.. I’m sure Klopp and the players are sadists, we smashed Utd all over and left it at 1-0 for 80 mins and a last 15 nervy minutes!! Just let us enjoy it without our arses twitching for 90mins..

redbj

Just win the fucking thing, at a canter if possible.. I’m sure Klopp and the players are sadists, we smashed Utd all over and left it at 1-0 for 80 mins and a last 15 nervy minutes!! Just let us enjoy it without our arses twitching for 90mins..

It’s actually the most weird thing about this situation we are in right now.....

I always thought I’d see us win the league again in my lifetime, but I just assumed, in typical LFC fashion it’d be a nervy, arse twitching bumbling run in only to win it with a last gasp goal on the final day.....

This procession we are seeing....it’s....not what we are used to in the premier league era.

There’s a way to go yet but, obviously.

redbj

I also don’t want to actually say this....but I would shit bricks if we drew another English club in Europe, not becuase I don’t think we’re capable, but if the worst happened, whilst it wouldn’t take the gloss off for me personally, it kinda would deep down.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I can honestly say that I have no preference. All these players would deserve to score the title-winning clincher. For their persisting efforts, their honesty, their togetherness.

But to play the game, I'll go with Hendo: a 30-yards screamer right at the end of a game, in front of the Kop. The scenes afterwards...

It’s actually the most weird thing about this situation we are in right now.....

I always thought I’d see us win the league again in my lifetime, but I just assumed, in typical LFC fashion it’d be a nervy, arse twitching bumbling run in only to win it with a last gasp goal on the final day.....

This procession we are seeing....it’s....not what we are used to in the premier league era.

It would be absolutely typical for this club to lose six games in a row at some point, just to make things interesting again... :eek:

rockafella

Registered before you did
Win it at Goodison preferably! It seems unrealistically soon, but they're so much of a banter club maybe it could happen. We score an 89th minute Trent freekick, the stadium empties, they launch it long from the restart and get a pen, they all run back in, Alisson saves, whistle goes.

Especially after they started singing "you lost the league at Goodison Park" last season because we drew against them in Winter with nine games still to play :rolleyes:

We'd be able to forever sing "we won the league at Goodison Park" at them.

Then City have to give us a guard of honour two games later.

rockafella

Registered before you did

I've always said that I never thought we'd ever win the league, but if we did, it'd go down to the last game with us needing to win and being level after 70 minutes. What's currently happening is mind boggling.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I've always thought that if we won the league again it would be much like it is this season. Miles ahead of everyone else. Confession time. I never truly believed we would win it last season, or in 13/14 or 08/09. I couldn't imagine us winning out in a tight race. Having an 'Agueroooo' moment. That season may come but we just need to get a title under our belts first. The big drama can come later.

My only preference for this season is that it happens when I'm there to see it.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Win it. Just win it. That's all I want, everything else - going unbeaten, record point total, winning it at City or Goodison - for me is a secondary consideration, and a distant second at that. All I care about is the team and Klopp lifting that trophy in May

With a title under the belt, I think the sky's the limit for this team. Just as narrowly losing the CL final saw find fresh determination and win it a year later, and missing out on the title by a point saw us find even more determination to go on this run, I think finally getting that elusive title will just unleash whatever remaining potential we still have.

There's no way we stop at 19. I think next year we draw level with United on 20 and hopefully move past them the year after. The state they're in it could take them 30 years to draw level with us again. Add a few cups in there as well.

I want that to be Klopp's legacy, us back on our perch and at the top as indisputably the most successful English club.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
If we beat Wolves then I think we'll win it against Bournemouth at home. I could see us drawing against West Ham or Norwich away (weakened team) but I don't see City or Leicester maintaining a perfect run until then.

It'll be special whatever happens, I'm not too concerned where it is.

The only preference I have is that it's sealed with a Liverpool result rather than an opposition one.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

100% this is such unchartered territory for us for the last 30 years. To be 16 points clear with a game in hand and currently sitting on the biggest points total delivered ever after 19 games (on the back of winning the last 30 games out of 31 in the league) is totally unprecedented, for any team in the leagues history.. We could surpass all records, the Centurions of City, the Invincibles of Arsenal, the all-conquering teams of red nose..

Any other team they would have been all singing all dancingly confident it was a forgone conclusion for a month in our position.

I (like many Liverpool fans I know) still have this automatic nervous twitch when considering us actually winning it. .. For us, so so many false dawns, so many years in the wilderness. I'm 36 so the great team of the 70/80s was on the wane when I properly started appreciating/watching.

We would have taken scraping the league by a lucky deflection or VAR Decision 1 point last game of the season type scenario but here we are..

"We have to change from doubter to believer." Yes Jurgen fuck me, but what a way to do it.

A red juggernaught, unrelenting in it's persuit back onto our fucking perch..

vzok

Whatever goal would make Martin Tyler choke the most. Maybe a 40 yard own goal from Aguero.