• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Arsenal vs Liverpool (FA Cup): Sunday 16th Feb 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwala

TIA Regular
disappointing result to a game where we were CLEARLY far superior. Everything bar the finishing was there.

WrongIslander

Couldn't be more proud in defeat. Who was the home side, who is supposed to be a title contender?

That's another fantastic performance by us make no more mistake and only a poor ref and a bit of luck has stopped us going though.

Brilliant stuff Liverpool.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Not lacking in effort this game, we pinned them back the whole second half. It was rather unfortunate that we lost our most prolific goal scorer today to sheer disappearing act. Sturridge was not on his game today, missed 2 in the first and one in the second half. Suarez tried too hard to make things happen and Gerrard alone can only do so much. Coutinho did pretty well in this game. We know our defence is always going to leak some goals, we just needed our top men to score goals. We failed to do so, coupled by that idiotic Webb for not giving us the second pen.

Head held high. Good game all around. Man of the match is our captain again.

King Aldo

TIA Squad Member
Jammy fucks Arsenal .. get the home draw, all the breaks around the box, a chickenshit ref and about 3 attacks in the second half which gave them one goal.

Really disappointed we didn't get at least a draw, we deserved that much at least.

Like I said, jammy bastards.

Libero

Didn't take our chances, thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Although we should have had at least 2 more pens.

RJK

LiVeRp0oL89 said:
I'll take a 2-1 loss now..

Fuck me, we need more quality away from home.
Get a grip. We played fine & on another day would've won this. 2 clear penalties turned down & several missed chances. Whilst I don't dismiss the cup, I'm happier with last weeks 3 points

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
Outplayed them the entire game, fucking joke of a ref. absolute fucking joke.

WrongIslander

Jens Lehmann: "The luckier side has won"

Spot on you psychotic German bastard.

LiVeRp0oL89 said:
That doesn't mean we we're outstanding. Entertaining? Yes. But we we're still lacking in quality.
Bollocks. We were lacking in finishing but quality?

jhr8

We did well despite having a non existent Allen in the midfield and Sturridge having a bad day.
Another day and we would have had 2 penalties and Sturridge would have buried his chances

BhupendraS

TIA Squad Member
Someone check Howard Webb's bank accounts.
PS: I have no proof of such allegations - I'm just pissed off that we have lost partly due to a poor decision - again.

Is he the best referee in England?
Fuck off.
He will embarrass himself, the FA and his country in the summer.

Daniel - please put he ball between the white sticks - that's what they are there for?
You now have a week to rediscover your touch.

Claymenza

Well fought game. We're lucky to win that penalty, and sturridge should have done better this game. Rodgers will contemplate using lone striker formation for swansea

WrongIslander

RJK said:
Get a grip. We played fine & on another day would've won this. 2 clear penalties turned down & several missed chances. Whilst I don't dismiss the cup, I'm happier with last weeks 3 points
That's it and the silver lining is that we now have less games to play than any of the teams around or above us giving us a huge advantage.

This team is now completely focussed on finishing as high as they can in the league and that's not what anyone around us wants to hear.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Different venue reckon we would have got something out of that. Difficulty in these situations that quite a few fouls at both end inside the box were not given when if they had been outside...

We're better than we were last time we were here. But not as sharp as usual in front of goal and we don't have much in reserve. Is why we do need to recruit especially for next year

Also their back up keeper is better than ours unfortunately. That and Suarez has hit a cold streak. Sturridge won't score in every game either

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
Suarez7LateralIncisor said:
that fact that we really do deserve something from this game, despite our fucks ups, says a lot about our team these days
maybe we deserve to draw with the gunners..but our defence even with agger back is still as loose as a whore's pussy...something has to be done about this..the second goal by arsenal was pretty shit defending by the defenders. 2 defenders was sucked right into chamberlain who was doing a fucking cut-back to only one fucking person in the box...and our right-back didn't have the awareness to go mark podolski...what the hell happened to zonal marking?
lfc.eddie said:
Not lacking in effort this game, we pinned them back the whole second half. It was rather unfortunate that we lost our most prolific goal scorer today to sheer disappearing act. Sturridge was not on his game today, missed 2 in the first and one in the second half. Suarez tried too hard to make things happen and Gerrard alone can only do so much. Coutinho did pretty well in this game. We know our defence is always going to leak some goals, we just needed our top men to score goals. We failed to do so, coupled by that idiotic Webb for not giving us the second pen.

Head held high. Good game all around. Man of the match is our captain again.
one day, this chronic leaking of goals is gonna haunt us for our chase for the fourth place...it seems even agger couldn't stop the rot in the defence...

RJK

LiVeRp0oL89 said:
That doesn't mean we we're outstanding. Entertaining? Yes. But we we're still lacking in quality.
Dunno what game you were watching?

Kinny Riddle

TIA New Signing
schmee said:
Read through the posts earlier. It was a word used by someone earlier. I won't mention this person's name though. You should be able to guess the idiot easily enough though.
While I don't think you were referring to me, but just for the record, I only mentioned in one post in reply to someone that "at least we didn't lose 3 pts", but that's about it.

And no, I agree the FA Cup isn't meaningless too, without that, we would have no Double or Treble quests, no? :lol:

Howard Webb can eat shit.

WrongIslander

BhupendraS said:
Someone check Howard Webb's bank accounts.
PS: I have no proof of such allegations - I'm just pissed off that we have lost partly due to a poor decision - again.

Is he the best referee in England?
Fuck off.
He will embarrass himself, the FA and his country in the summer.

Daniel - please put he ball between the white sticks - that's what they are there for?
You now have a week to rediscover your touch.
The lad has scored in each of his last 8, there's a reason the record is 9, it's cos it's bloody hard to do!

LiVeRp0oL89

RJK said:
Get a grip? Ok..

I'm happier with the 3 points last week as well. All I said was we lacked quality, because we did :wacko: It's quite straightforward really..,

I didn't say the performance was all round shit. Webb is a cunt and we we're unlucky in some aspects but you just said it yourself, we had several missed chances. There was also a lot of misplaced passes and wayward crosses.

Need to maintain our quality away from home too.

BhupendraS

TIA Squad Member
Would it be illegal to shoot Howard Webb?
If not, I'll quite happily volunteer to put this miserable prick out of everyone's misery.

Mind you, Mike Riley - the referee's boss and renowned Liverpool hater - will score Webb's performance as 10/10.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
JimmyRoyals said:
We did well despite having a non existent Allen in the midfield and Sturridge having a bad day.
Another day and we would have had 2 penalties and Sturridge would have buried his chances
this... i still don't get it...allen had the chance to show that he can compete with henderson for the spot but fluffed it by going anonymous entirely...

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
Kinny Riddle said:
While I don't think you were referring to me, but just for the record, I only mentioned in one post in reply to someone that "at least we didn't lose 3 pts", but that's about it.

And no, I agree the FA Cup isn't meaningless too, without that, we would have no Double or Treble quests, no? :lol:

Howard Webb can eat shit.
No if you look throuh the posts one person used the word meaningless.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
charleslee89 said:
this... i still don't get it...allen had the chance to show that he can compete with henderson for the spot but fluffed it by going anonymous entirely...
He can't have been that anonymous, we were much better than them in midfield.

RazvanLFC

Really impressed with Gerrard i hope he plays for us till he's 45. By far my all time favourite player. I'll cry when he retires :(

On the game, i'm just happy that we created so many chances and if i had to pick a game to lose from now on i'd pick this one. Wanted us to win the fa cup obviously but we must concentrate on the league. We`ve got to make it this year. I'm disappointed because we wouldn't be calling for Webb's head(shit reff), if we`d have taken our big chances, Sturridge...

LiVeRp0oL89

Hopefully Sturridge has got all of his misses out of the way for the season. Need him back to his clinical best for our remaining 12 games. Besides Webb being his usual attention seeking self, we just didn't seem to have much luck in front of goal today (although to be fair, Fabianski made some extremely important saves).

If we we're to lose a game, then this was probably the best way to bow out. Player's shouldn't be too disheartened from that result and a return to winning ways next week against the Swans is vital.

Claymenza

If howard webb gave out an easy penalty for the first foul, I don't think he'd do the same for the second even if it was worse. Other than that one call, we've been treated well by howard webb. Gerrard could have been sent off.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
ILLOK said:
He can't have been that anonymous, we were much better than them in midfield.
let's put this into perspective...once henderson came on, do you realised that our midfield looks better in shape? Even my two younger brothers who are gooners said that henderson is the man that can really make it tick with gerrard. Henderson who is about the same age as allen has shown much much more than allen currently. he's outshining allen in terms of creativity, passing range and even tackling efficiency.

This makes you wonder what allen can offer differently from henderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.