• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Arsenal vs Liverpool (FA Cup): Sunday 16th Feb 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
charleslee89 said:
let's put this into perspective...once henderson came on, do you realised that our midfield looks better in shape? Even my two younger brothers who are gooners said that henderson is the man that can really make it tick with gerrard. Henderson who is about the same age as allen has shown much much more than allen currently. he's outshining allen in terms of creativity, passing range and even tackling efficiency.

This makes you wonder what allen can offer differently from henderson?
Henderson is a better player, no doubt, but Allen was fine today.

The real problems lay in both boxes. Agger and Skrtel weren't very good and neither was Sturridge. Suarez had flashes of brilliance but no real end product. Cissokho was a huge burden on the left as well because of his lack of footballing ability.

LiVeRp0oL89

ILLOK said:
Henderson is a better player, no doubt, but Allen was fine today.

The real problems lay in both boxes. Agger and Skrtel weren't very good and neither was Sturridge. Suarez had flashes of brilliance but no real end product. Cissokho was a huge burden on the left as well because of his lack of footballing ability.
Mate come on, Allen was not fine. At least not for a a squad like ours and where we want to be going forward. I honestly forgot he was on the pitch in the second half. He was fairly anonymous.

Agree with the defence being leaky once again. Certainly for Agger's part in the first goal, i'm willing to put that down to him not being quite up to speed yet. We need to get better but hopefully that will come if we 'finally' get a settled back four.

The SAS we're also off beat today, although Suarez was unlucky with a shot or two, mainly due to some fine goalkeeping.

This is why I said we we're lacking quality. From an outside perspective, we we're great and arguably better than Arsenal but it was still short of what we are capable of. Just want to see our home form replicated on the road.

KraznyIvan

I also thought that Allen was ok tbh. Hendo was better but Allen was ok. Our entire defence aside from Jones....... they can take the shit bus back home with Sturridge.

WrongIslander

Allen was average, looks fresher but just served to show how much better Henderson is. I don't see a place for him in this side long term, I hope he proves me wrong but I think we could really improve on him.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
We should have known it. Once Webb was announced as referee we should have known it.

We were easily the better team but he still contrived to screw us. Once again we found ourselves playing against twelve men. This result leaves a bad taste in the mouth, and that's not sour grapes toward arsenal.

Has anyone ever worked out just how many times he's gone out of his way to lose us matches? It must easily be double figures by now. It's so blatantly obvious it would probably be funny if looked at objectively.

We don't have to put up with old whisky nose's tricks any more but we're still stuck with his pet referee.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
EdWood said:
We should have known it. Once Webb was announced as referee we should have known it.

We were easily the better team but he still contrived to screw us. Once again we found ourselves playing against twelve men. This result leaves a bad taste in the mouth, and that's not sour grapes toward arsenal.

Has anyone ever worked out just how many times he's gone out of his way to lose us matches? It must easily be double figures by now. It's so blatantly obvious it would probably be funny if looked at objectively.

We don't have to put up with old whisky nose's tricks any more but we're still stuck with his pet referee.
According to somebody on Rawk, we've lost 9, draw 1 and won 1 in the last 11 games he's officiated.

He's a bottler. He bottled the Eto'o decision and he bottled it today with Chamberlain.

Even Andy Gray had a sly dig, saying it was a ridiculous decision by one of England's 'so called' best referees. Twat.

anglian_red

I think we all sympathised with Webb during that World Cup final but aside from that he's been pretty poor. He gets too many big decisions wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.