• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Ballon d'Or 2019 - LFC players

vzok

Absolute joke of an award.VVD should have won it instead of Messi but there are other issues as well. Why Ronaldo is ahead of Mane and Salah.And where is Robbo btw.He had an amazing year and he is wasnt even nominated.
Ter Stegen made the Top 30. Unfortunately when they passed him the award he was caught napping and it sailed over his head.

LFC4EVR

I bet Messi really loved winning that considering he got absolutely owned by Liverpool in the return match that apparently still haunts poor old Barca, so lets all make him feel loved still and give him this joke of an award, even though he's faded and a pale shadow of the player he once was. Who took him down a peg or two in defence, Robbo and VVD.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
My work had a Christmas party once where they handed out awards. I was given the ‘hermit of the year’ award but I wasn’t there to receive it. I stayed at home.
That’s about how I feel about these FIFA /UEFA glamour nights. No interest at all. Like the bbc sports personality.

Wilkored08

Do we think the weasly, ratty, little shit won it, cause its his last chance...he's losing pace, throwing tantrums, sulking....is he nearing the end of his reign and they felt sorry for him.....mmmmmmmm I wonder.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
bit too much hate going on for Messi in here.

whats the guys supposed to do? give it back?

he got good numbers, if anything hes purely carrying this barca team, inferring that hes not at his career best might be true, but hes still an unbelieveable footballer.

my personal opinion is VVD should have won it, but cant complain too loud that Messi again gets the gong.

unbelievable football, turns it on time and time again, to the point where when his team loses (argentina or barca) its used as a stick to beat him with.... somehow that 4-0 loss to anfield 'proves' hes not the greatest footballer ever......

dunno.

regarding Mascotts coment about being the best player but also the most overrated, i completely understand the viewpoint, at some level, the praise he gets seems beyond his actual achievements, but on the flipside, some of the stuff he does nowadays, you just shrug your shoulders and say ....'well thats Messi for you' and then move on.

to be brutally honest, in my opinion, id have given it to Mane, i dont watch enough non LFC football to really qualify....but what that guy has done this CALENDER year is freaky....its not just the numbers he posts....its the constant threat and hard work....

as VVD said though, there really are no losers...

Rooster

What a hit son
No problems with Messi winning it...after all he has now taken over Ronaldo

But he can’t get last years Champions League.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
The European Ballon d'or seems to favour players in mainland Europe, especially in La Liga, last 11 years, has been La Liga players who have won it. There are some flaw nominations there .

I suppose Messi and Ronaldo are advertisers dream as well.

Last edited:

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Couldn't care less and to be honest I suspect VVD doesn't either.

He got his hands on a pretty shiny trophy with big ears which I think he will rate higher than some peice of glass given out by some cheese-eating surrender monkeys

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Only 8 points for TAA and 0 for Robertson? How do these people who voted for the forwards all high up there could score their goals without an assist from players like these two? Underestimated fullbacks.