• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Ballon d'Or 2019 - LFC players

RedSeven

On the one road
Is the Ballon D'or decided on a season(August to May) or a year(January to December).

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
....and the votes were as follows:-

REST OF THE TOP 10
4) Alisson Becker (Liverpool & Brazil) – 57 points
5) Sadio Mane (Liverpool & Senegal) – 51 points
6) Mohamed Salah (Liverpool & Egypt) – 49 points
7) Eden Hazard (Chelsea/Real Madrid & Belgium) – 38 points
8) Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax/Juventus & Netherlands) – 27 points
9) Frenkie de Jong (Ajax/Barcelona & Netherlands) – 27 points
10) Raheem Sterling (Manchester City & England) – 12 points

We have 4 of the top 10 - how bluddy good are we!!
4 in the top 6!

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Van Dijk won it fairly comfortably in the end

1 Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool & Netherlands) – 305 points
2 Lionel Messi (Barcelona & Argentina) – 207 points
3 Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus & Portugal) – 74 points

Barnestormer

Left wing.

Kopstar

★★★★★★

The FifPro World 11 contenders list, where we feature heavily. Im surprised at the midfield selections here - in particular Pogba is on it - when rightly Fabinho should be in there.
Casemiro, Kante, Kroos, Modric, Vidal...did nothing this year as well. They're there only by reputation.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor

The FifPro World 11 contenders list, where we feature heavily. Im surprised at the midfield selections here - in particular Pogba is on it - when rightly Fabinho should be in there.
I feel like Fabinho has fallen into the hole Bobby just climbed out of - being massively underrated outside LFC for the work he does.

fspencer

Marcelo in the best 11 is the shock of the night for me by a country mile. I want an explanation. Not quite as shocking as Luiz in 2014, but still.

So who gives a f*ck about this joke of an award.
best part of the awards was mourinho just walking off when they were trying to use him to fill in the time gaps :))

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Van Djik should have won FIFA player of the year. Giving it to Messi was a token gesture. Even the original Brazilian Ronaldo said it should go to Virgil.

What a bloody farce!:mad:

Wilkored08

Van Djik should have won FIFA player of the year. Giving it to Messi was a token gesture. Even the original Brazilian Ronaldo said it should go to Virgil.

What a bloody farce!:mad:
So this FIFA award....is it a new Balloon d or or is that later on in the year. Confused cause a earlier poster said Virg had won..
Am I missing something?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
The BBC were trying to justify it on the basis of all his goals and assists. Didn’t mention how many tackles, blocks, interceptions, clearances, clean sheets he'd got though.

Really annoys me when those voting for the best player award fail to factor in all aspects of the game. Football's not just about attacking.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
He won it because he's still traumatised from our comeback,i don't think the award will do much to change that fortunately.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
So this FIFA award....is it a new Balloon d or or is that later on in the year. Confused cause a earlier poster said Virg had won..
Am I missing something?
Virgil won the UEFA player of the year, this one was the FIFA player of the year, the Ballon d'or is later on this year, ....I think?

I believe ballon d'Or is the biggest footie award for a player???

Correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

Eta: balloon d'or :LOL: :LOL: