• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Ballon d'Or 2019 - LFC players

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
So this FIFA award....is it a new Balloon d or or is that later on in the year. Confused cause a earlier poster said Virg had won..
Am I missing something?
VVD won UEFA award. Ballon dor is December.

Messi did nothing for Argentina this year, vvd got Holland to the final of UEFA nations cup.

Messi couldn’t get barca past anfield.

Vvd has transformed lfc defence.

How Messi won the fifa award shows the corrupt ness in all its splendour.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Is it me, does this FIFA Award player of the year remind you of the Eurovision Song Contest? They are voting tactically, no?
I know Messi is currently GOAT, but he was abit rubbish this year in the Champions League and last year at the World Cup.

Last edited:

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
The FIFA do not recognise defenders, only attacking footballers.

Last edited:

Wilkored08

VVD won UEFA award. Ballon dor is December.

Messi did nothing for Argentina this year, vvd got Holland to the final of UEFA nations cup.

Messi couldn’t get barca past anfield.

Vvd has transformed lfc defence.

How Messi won the fifa award shows the corrupt ness in all its splendour.
Cheers...do we think Messi got it cause it maybe his last season...and people feel sorry for him...little weasel.

fspencer

@Maria also why did they do the award speeches in foreign tongue . was pointless coverage having it on sky .

Messi could have been saying " i hate barcelona and i am traumatized from last seasons game at anfield . I don't like this shitty award and i am now off to give ronaldo a blowjob."

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
@CymruRed and @Maria

also @Scott Jones

you lot seem like the cultured types ... so what was all that opera signing about and a woman dressed like mozart ?
I have no clue sorry mate,i only watched little bits,i flicked back and forth channels at the time,i missed the Klopp/Alisson awards and seen some Opera singer with some girls dressed in tinfoil football kits dancng around the stage,thought WTF is all this about and turned it over.lol

fspencer

I have no clue sorry mate,i only watched little bits,i flicked back and forth channels at the time,i missed the Klopp/Alisson awards and seen some Opera singer with some girls dressed in tinfoil football kits dancng around the stage,thought WTF is all this about and turned it over.lol
wish i had turned it over too mate ! been sat wondering now for about 2 n half hours .. wtf did i just watch ???? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Incognito

The Normal One
The BBC were trying to justify it on the basis of all his goals and assists. Didn’t mention how many tackles, blocks, interceptions, clearances, clean sheets he'd got though.

Really annoys me when those voting for the best player award fail to factor in all aspects of the game. Football's not just about attacking.
But sadly that perception is there, isn't it? Many of our MotM votes are usually for the goal scorers even when a midfielder or a defender would have been immense. That's why people go crazy about ronaldo and show his goal stats. Totally forgetting that poaching is only thing he does.

The award just confirms again that they are a popularity contest. Messi did fckall as compared to VVD and snubbing Alisson for any top 3 award in itself is a joke to me. And fck off marcelo and other assholes, couldn't do shit in any competition.

You know what I hope we win both CL and league now. Assholes won't be able to ignore any longer then (no guarantee though, they may give to the fat hazard or de Jong because they play for RM/Barca) :rolleyes:

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Let's make the midget cry again at Anfield.
Last season, no one came close to VVD. He was twice the player messi and Ronaldo combined were.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
But sadly that perception is there, isn't it? Many of our MotM votes are usually for the goal scorers even when a midfielder or a defender would have been immense. That's why people go crazy about ronaldo and show his goal stats. Totally forgetting that poaching is only thing he does.

The award just confirms again that they are a popularity contest. Messi did fckall as compared to VVD and snubbing Alisson for any top 3 award in itself is a joke to me. And fck off marcelo and other assholes, couldn't do shit in any competition.

You know what I hope we win both CL and league now. Assholes won't be able to ignore any longer then (no guarantee though, they may give to the fat hazard or de Jong because they play for RM/Barca) :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's why Coutinho used to win motm a lot even if he did fuck all the rest of the match. If he pulled in from the left and curled one round the keeper then he was motm.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Why do people get so worked up? It's just a shitty little reward. I'm glad that Klopp gets some international recognition for his work, and it's nice to see Liverpool players nominated, but at the end of the day, all this is worth the square root of zero. All which counts is what happens on the pitch.

koptician

We'll go again!
Why do people get so worked up? It's just a shitty little reward. I'm glad that Klopp gets some international recognition for his work, and it's nice to see Liverpool players nominated, but at the end of the day, all this is worth the square root of zero. All which counts is what happens on the pitch.
I think it's basic fairness. I'm not that fussed about Messi winning (54 goals plus La Liga is something). But how the [email protected]£$ do Ramos and Marcelo get in the first 11?!