• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Bobby Duncan (FW) to Fiorentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Looks like he got his wish:

£1.8m, 20% sell-on clause.

To be perfectly honest after the way his agent carried on, and the constant rumblings about discontent over playing time almost from the moment he arrived, I'm not unhappy to see the back of him.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
So, the 'agent' and his player get their wish... Good riddance, and a nice little profit made too. Maybe Duncan will become a superstar in the future, who knows. But if he can't accept working his way up in a squad, I can't see him doing too well in Italy either. He'll have to work hard and wait for his chance there too, and it will be difficult for him, culturally and in terms of language, new tactics etc. Not sure that it will please him, and his 'agent' might be out for the next payday soon.

As for LFC, I hope they put this 'agent' on a black list, and never do business with him again.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
It is as I suggested - that his agent secured exactly what Bobby wanted, and his antics didn't turn Fiorentina away because they wanted him.

This is a win for Rubie, but maybe not for Bobby's career. Regardless, a player who would cause this kind of firestorm should have no place at our club. So, I don't consider this a loss. Good riddance.

macca1970

So, the 'agent' and his player get their wish... Good riddance, and a nice little profit made too. Maybe Duncan will become a superstar in the future, who knows. But if he can't accept working his way up in a squad, I can't see him doing too well in Italy either. He'll have to work hard and wait for his chance there too, and it will be difficult for him, culturally and in terms of language, new tactics etc. Not sure that it will please him, and his 'agent' might be out for the next payday soon.

As for LFC, I hope they put this 'agent' on a black list, and never do business with him again.

And yet we knew all this when we signed him. He had a contract dispute with Man City, and refused to play for them to force his way out. And a year or so later, similar thing happening again.......

nikz200

Usually when a youth player leaves , i don't really have an issue and usually wish them the best in their careers. But quite frankly, for this kid and his shit head agent, i would say , good riddance to bad rubbish. Sometimes simply having talent is not enough, you need to have the right attitude and carry yourself as an professional. This kid has had his head filled with nonsense and also has not seen the big picture either. Will also be funny to watch him try to play in the Serie A of all things, i mean if he can even break into the first team, lol

trygve76

TIA New Signing
If he thinks he's going to waltz into Viola's first XI he has another thing coming. Good luck trying to compete against Kevin Prince Boateng, Franck Ribery, Federico Chiesa. If he's like most British players abroad and doesn't bother learning the language, I can't see this having a happy ending for him.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
A 900% profit on a teenager without a senior game to his name inside of 12 months of joining, with a fifth of his future fee also due to the club... I think Edwards gets to call this one a win
But equally he's now accepting an offer that only two weeks ago he was describing as derisory.

If I was the club I'd be tempted to sue the agent in damages for tortious interference, inducing breach of contract etc. Sue him for whatever the difference is with what the club felt was fair value before the agent pulled the shit he did.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
But equally he's now accepting an offer that only two weeks ago he was describing as derisory.

If I was the club I'd be tempted to sue the agent in damages for tortious interference, inducing breach of contract etc. Sue him for whatever difference is with what the club felt was fair value before the agent pulled the shit he did.

The previous offer was for a loan with no obligation to buy, though, right? It sounds like Fiorentina have made their offer far more attractive, especially given his agent's antics in the intervening time.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
The previous offer was for a loan with no obligation to buy, though, right? It sounds like Fiorentina have made their offer far more attractive, especially given his agent's antics in the intervening time.
I don't think the offer has materially changed but the agent's antics have meant the club is now prepared to take it to get rid of the problem.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Young Master Duncan is going to have to think about what kind of repution he wants to cultivate. That’s two clubs he’s forced his way out of and he’s barely 18. Greater talents than him have been ruined by ego, wormtongue agents and greed.

I’ll bet he doesn’t get near that Fiorentina side and is kicking off again in 18 months. Or maybe the penny will drop that he actually has to be better than the player ahead of him, and being Gerrard’s cousin isn’t enough.

Last edited:

Libero

From Duncan’s point of view Brewster is ahead of him and at the same age or thereabouts... Klopp has talked highly of Brewster and probably thinks he is way too far down the pecking order to get a chance.

Doesn’t bode well for him though, 2 biggest clubs in England the past 2 years and now off to Italy where a whole new world awaits. Seems like an entitled kid that expects to get everything his own way.... which again he has.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Good luck to the chap.
We have made a profit on a rotten apple and also have a percentage of next fee as well.
I can only imagine he is not on talking terms with Gerrard as he’s acted like a tit.
Personally I never had particularly high hopes for him so I’m not so bothered.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
There’s always more to the story

I wish him all the best, it must be the finest of lines between being right and wrong when backing yourself and having enough self belief to ignore the noise.

He needs to dump his agent though, maybe rubie did get the move, but he’s put Duncan in a prick of a position if it doesn’t work out in Italy. Smells more of Duncan getting a move away from the wrong club (us) than Duncan getting the move to the right club.

Good luck to him and good luck to us.

Furthermore, if the inference that Duncan is suffering mental health issues is founded in some truth, I hope he finds the correct support. Money is no insulation to those difficulties and doing the ‘wrong thing’ by a football club I happen to support doesn’t make me wish him a failed career or worse.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Young Master Duncan is going to have to think about what kind of repution he wants to cultivate. That’s two clubs he’s forced his way out of and he’s barely 18. Greater talents than him have been ruined by ego, wormtongue agents and

I’ll bet he doesn’t get near that Fiorentina side and is kicking off again in 18 months. Or maybe the penny will drop that he actually has to be better than the player ahead of him, and being Gerrard’s cousin isn’t enough.
When you think of it... he had the opportunity first to learn from Guardiola (a cheating cunt but still someone who understands football) and then from Klopp, a grandmaster of his trade. In a bit more than a year, he has managed to get away from each of them, in order to join a lesser club and a lesser manager. He won't understand the first word of what the latter will tell him, and will still have his 'agent' trying to stir unrest in his mind.

I don't wish him any harm, but I can't see this ending well (Florence is a nice city to make some tourism though....).

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
When you think of it... he had the opportunity first to learn from Guardiola (a cheating cunt but still someone who understands football) and then from Klopp, a grandmaster of his trade. In a bit more than a year, he has managed to get away from each of them, in order to join a lesser club and a lesser manager (nice city to make some tourism though....). He won't understand the first word of what the latter will tell him, and will still have his 'agent' trying to stir unrest in his mind.

I don't wish him any harm, but I can't see this ending well.
His agent will hype him as a player who learned from Pep and Klopp when he tries to get him out of Italy next year.

I hope playing in League Two will be Duncan’s career highlight in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.