• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Bobby Duncan (FW) to Fiorentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Somehow I doubt they're close at all.
That’s what i also thought the the other day.

Would like to know if Duncan is also related to Gerrards cousin who died at Hillsborough.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
"I want to thank everybody at @Liverpoolfc from the Coaches,Staff and Players for contributing in my development at the club I move on with very special memories.... Thank you #LFC #YNWA."

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Bobby Duncan will become an afterthought. He isn't a special talent, he isn't a unique talent, there are thousands of football players around the world equal to or better than Bobby at the exact same age or younger. The difference is, he had someone believe in him and give him a chance. Instead of showing gratitude for such an opportunity, and working hard to turn that opportunity into something amazing for himself, he burned it to the ground in an act of malcontent petulance. This is the second stop in less than a year that he's forced his way out of.

I also question just how close he is with Stevie G. Just because he's Gerrard's cousin, it doesn't sound like he spends much time getting career advice or guidance from him. I've also literally never heard Gerrard mention Duncan by name. Literally, ever. The only time I've ever heard him even reference Duncan is when he said "Well done kid" on social media after Duncan scored in this preseason.

Danny_

Good riddance. Club probably decided that he wasn't worth making an example out of.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Good luck to Bobby in Fiorentina. Not an easy league for a youngster. New culture and language to learn and different style of football maybe and demanding fans as well.

I think It was best for him and LFC that he went. It just got too acrimonious in the end. If his obnoxious agent had not had his rant on Twitter, this whole saga could have been handled discreetly and amicably.

I am also wondering what role his parents played behind the scenes. The boy is very young, surely his parents must have had a say about their son's future.

Last edited:

Lynch04

Smeg Head
I have no real issue in this apart from his agent or former agent. My take is that he sees his chances as being limited, with Glatzel, Brewster ahead of him in the pecking order for Firmino’s spot.
I don't think he has handled the situation in the best of ways, but he is 18 and Has been badly advised by some idiot and promised the world.
However, Moving to a foreign country at a young age is a big/bold decision and i respect him for that. I wish him luck but hope I never hear about his agent ever again.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
All in all a thoughly distasteful affair which does not reflect well on the club, undeserved as it is. F*cking agents eh? Stay sane Bobby.

Last edited:

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
He is just 18 and had atleast 3 years to improve and build up himself, before even looking at first team. And he has solid 8 years before getting into his peak years. To me, this is absolute stupidity.

As some one said here, he moved away from 2 of the world top 5 coaches in Klopp and Pep.

With the level of entitlement and stupidity, Poor man's Joey Barton?

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Don't know why people are wishing him good luck. Good riddance to him. He's completely disrespected the club he supposedly adored and which he obviously has close links to. Bullying? Mental illness? What he utter bullshit. With the help of his agent he simply threw his toys out of his pram because he thought he should getting first team games. At 18. With a world class forward line ahead of him. What a dickhead.

Will laugh my arse off if Fiorentina subsequently loan him out to some unheard club.

RobLFC

I think he's got a lot more chance of making it in Italy than here. The few times I'd seen him play I'd thought he lacked a yard or two of pace and although he can drop off and pick out a pass, he doesn't have that real X-factor that you need to make it at the top level in England if you haven't got pace.

Similarly maybe to Suso, I can see him playing regularly in Serie A in a couple of years... if he's prepared to wait that long before kicking off again!

But we all do stupid things at 18 and most of the blame has to go to the agent. I can't say I'd heard of him before and he looks like a real amature - I especially like the tweet asking for advice on transfers "for a friend"! (link https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/saif-rubie-bobby-duncan-agent-16829168). If you get a player to move every couple of years I guess you can earn a decent salary in agents fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.