• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Bobby Duncan - Real Issues or Ill advised ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treboeth

Is worth mentioning that if Duncan genuinely does feel bullied by individuals at the club then we should take the accusations seriously. It is the first I have heard of such issues for about 6 years and the club took action back then by firing the staff member.
See my post further back, some bloke on the city forum has an LFC fan mate with good connections at the Club who states there is a problem at Our Club.

Must be good enough evidence to get us all convicted of bullying with that level of proof.

Hope it doesn`t happen though.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Is worth mentioning that if Duncan genuinely does feel bullied by individuals at the club then we should take the accusations seriously. It is the first I have heard of such issues for about 6 years and the club took action back then by firing the staff member.
There's been a more recent incident than that but yes, also fired.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Real or imagined it is shameful for his agent to refer to mental health issues. Unless a formal diagnosis is sought and received it is crass and dangerous talk.
Club should take action.

Sweeting

See my post further back, some bloke on the city forum has an LFC fan mate with good connections at the Club who states there is a problem at Our Club.

Must be good enough evidence to get us all convicted of bullying with that level of proof.

Hope it doesn`t happen though.
That looked like someone made up a story they want to be true and then posted it with the caveat of "my mate said".

I've not heard of any systematic issues at youth level or first team.

Not that I necessarily would have heard anything but the way that poster made it look was that we have an inherant issue of bullying. It is simply not true.

treboeth

That looked like someone made up a story they want to be true and then posted it with the caveat of "my mate said".

I've not heard of any systematic issues at youth level or first team.

Not that I necessarily would have heard anything but the way that poster made it look was that we have an inherant issue of bullying. It is simply not true.
I read it on bluemoon so treat it with the same dignity as hearing a quote from a murdoch source.

Sweeting

I read it on bluemoon so treat it with the same dignity as hearing a quote from a murdoch source.
"Wonders" if Sterling will ever tell the truth about why he left. Says it is to do with the toxic culture Klopp created. Rolls it back when pointed out Klopp wasn't at the club and blames other staff members. Then says it is none of the first team staff (implying Academy) where Sterling hadn't set foot in three years. It is total nonsense.

Joe Gomez x

Just sell him for a quid to an Irish team. When I saw him knee slide in front of his old coach at City while playing for us showed a poor attitude. Also don’t see why his agent is mentioning Gerrard in a attempt to guilt us into selling him/or giving him first team games. Also the 4 days in his room sound suspect as fuck but maybe true i don’t know.
Edit: where at his age will he get first team games. The man wasn’t even the best striker at u18s level for us. Never mind thinking he will start for Fiorentina or that Norwegian side who are also a good side

treboeth

Just sell him for a quid to an Irish team. When I saw him knee slide in front of his old coach at City while playing for us showed a poor attitude. Also don’t see why his agent is mentioning Gerrard in a attempt to guilt us into selling him/or giving him first team games. Also the 4 days in his room sound suspect as fuck but maybe true i don’t know.
Edit: where at his age will he get first team games. The man wasn’t even the best striker at u18s level for us. Never mind thinking he will start for Fiorentina or that Norwegian side who are also a good side
He`s catching up on Love Island.

andyclegs

Andy C Legs
If the lad really wants to leave the club then let him. I would feel the same if he were a top player - only then I am certain, under the current structure, we would get the best deal. Shame though about Duncan - has he not had a chat to Stevie about it; surely he would put him back on the right track...

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
It’s business. We would look fucked if Duncan becomes a Star like Sancho did at Dortmund.

Liverpool and Gladbach for example have a 'unique relationship' (according to the LFC homepage) since Gladbach supporters donated money for the families of the 96 in 1989. There are annual visits from supporters of both clubs.
Yet LFC cancelled a friendly this summer when Gladbach tried to sign Rhian Brewster. Never forget it’s business!!

I try to believe that Liverpool still wants to keep him and maybe talking to his family (and maybe using Gerrard as a mediator) could help. Parting ways with this c**t of an agent is a must first of course.

Would love it if the club helps getting rid of the agent.

Probably wishful thinking by my - we will know more until Monday.

Genius

The Somewhat Normal One
Mental health is something not to be taken lightly.
In this case, there's two sides to the story. I'll choose to wait and see what our club has to say.

For now, i'm just showing what a cunt this agent is

A collection of tweets from Saif varying from 2012 till today:

"People wonder why english players don't develop when liverpool spend a fortune on the usless henderson instead of pushing Shelvey upwards."

"@StanCollymore I wouldn't want somebody serving me in the air with mental health issues. Nothing wrong with that Stan get over it" & "nothing against mental illness but surely they have the right 2not hire if they feel it may reoccur in the air"

In response to "I feel there should be a clear rule that bans all convicted sex offenders from football. That's all. No mater what's happened before." Saif said:"@MissNataliePike why? Unless they're Gay convicted sex offenders how is he a danger to his team mates? Guy has served hiss time let him be"

"are you gay as well as a nobody? @jimmyjones2012: "@saifpr i'm off now, gotta finish washing your rolls royce, laters babe"

"I'm homophobic in the same way that I am aracnophobic.I have nothing against gays or spiders but I would scream if I saw one in my bath."

"A young girl in China lost her virginity at 13, her name was: Sum Yung Ho"

"Do you think when Suarez lines up against Senegal he's going to turn around to his team mates and say "I thought we we're playing MonteNegro"

"WTF" in response to a post about "two adorable gay penguins adopting an egg"

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
"Wonders" if Sterling will ever tell the truth about why he left. Says it is to do with the toxic culture Klopp created. Rolls it back when pointed out Klopp wasn't at the club and blames other staff members. Then says it is none of the first team staff (implying Academy) where Sterling hadn't set foot in three years. It is total nonsense.
Everyone is an ITK these days, knows someone who work with someone or tied up in some organisation that is doing a job for someone who is linked to the club and so on. If there’s another complaint filed by separate player then I’d take it more seriously.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/bobby-duncan.341980/page-4bluemoon getting all oiled up over this crap.

bobbyowenquiff, Today at 5:00 P
It gets this response from someone with a brain
"Rodgers was still there when they sold Raheem to us."
Psychedelic Casual, Today at 5:07 PM

Then this response

bobbyowenquiff, Today at 5:31 PM

And they call us deluded
So out of touch that they don’t even remember....

XXXXXXX who is facing complaints from another 86 former footballers, continued scouting and coaching for City’s junior teams, raping and molesting countless boys in seven years connected to the club....
Man City ignored warnings

Alex

since 2004
The sort of insults given to Edwards and Carra, check all his tweets. The fck?
Firstly I'm not a tweeter user. I don't really know how it works or how to follow it or where conversations start and end. I just clicked on the guy's name

I'm not sure if i checked his tweets correctly but these can't be written by a professional (or an adult). He's probably trying to look tough business-wise but ultimately look more like a fucking moody teenage girl venting her state of mind.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
For me, if the agent decides to make this public, then he better has evidence to back it up.

And for Duncan, he now has the responsibility to either keep quiet, and in the process, validates what the agent is saying (and meaning if there is really bullying going on, he then better take action by lodging a complaint with the relevant people) or if the agent is not saying what Duncan is really feeling, he has to speak up, sack his agent and repair that relationship with the club now.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Going by what has been released until now, Duncan hasn't much choice. If he's well-advised, he'll sack his agent and try to restore the links with the club. But will he be strong enough to do that? Agents have often enormous influence over young players. His family should help the young lad here.

Of course, IF there is anything correct about the allegations of bullying, he then needs to go to the club's officials and talk to them about that, and then take legal action against the person who bullied him. But going by what has been released so far about this agent's personality, it's probably a bullshit allegation, and then Duncan has only one single choice if he doesn't want to ruin his career.

Club's statement:

“Liverpool football club is aware of and disappointed by the unattributed [sic] comments and unfounded allegations that have been made in the media regarding one of our players. As the interests of the player in question are not best served by either inaccurate speculation, inflammatory statements or public discourse, we will be making no further comment. We will, however, continue our efforts to work privately with the player to find resolution in the best interests of all involved.”

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Going by what has been released until now, Duncan hasn't much choice. If he's well-advised, he'll sack his agent and try to restore the links with the club. But will he be strong enough to do that? Agents have often enormous influence over young players. His family should help the young lad here.
You don't expect to see this , not coming from someone who's got a relative being a club legend in Steven Gerrard. Also, Stevie would probably have been consulted over the choice of getting him here (even if he had not taken the final decision to get him to Liverpool , seeing as the time of stevie leaving the academy and bobby arriving were just months apart). Me thinks, Stevie did try to help him settle down by either offering him a spot or helping to influence others to offer him a spot at the LFC academy. But the lad isn't ready for this and starts hankering for First team action when there are others in line.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I think it takes more than not allowing him to leave or not giving him a place in the 1st team to be called bullying. That is team and player management. But if someone is constantly saying shit things to him, harassing him over his demands to play 1st team or insulting him or making fun of him, then over time, that would be bullying and I will be disappointed if there are people within our club who will do that but lets see how this pan out.

liver1

Im sorry but not allowing a player to leave on the cheap is not "bullying".

You are 1 year into a 3 year contract. If the club doesn't want to sell, doesn't want to loan you out its their prerogative, we don't owe him anything we gave him a contract.

This bullying accusation is just the normal "im a victim" strategy to create a shield for yourself.

Hes just got given the chance to play for the first team in preseason at the age of 18 and claiming hes being bullied for not being allowed to go on loan with the option of leaving on the cheap. Please.

Give any 18 year old the chance to play for the liverpool first team and especially at this moment, and they will bite your hand off. Talk about ungrateful.

liver1

I think it takes more than not allowing him to leave or not giving him a place in the 1st team to be called bullying. That is team and player management. But if someone is constantly saying shit things to him, harassing him over his demands to play 1st team or insulting him or making fun of him, then over time, that would be bullying and I will be disappointed if there are people within our club who will do that but lets see how this pan out.
An agent saying hes being bullied doesnt mean its true. Its just a strategy to get people to feel sorry for him and force his way out.
The "bullying" in this instance is not allowing him to leave. Just because hes sensationalising it as "bullying" doesnt make it real.

Consider this statement below:

My client repeatedly requested X but subject A said no and dismissed them. They were mentally bullied, subject A refused listen my client, take into account their needs, and the whole incident created personal anguish over a simple request. What followed was an argument, raised voices were involved and it created mental harm on my client and affected them deeply. They felt trapped, bullied, and they were powerless to act.

Is subject A a bully? Sounds like it, no?

Well the client here in this case is a child, X is an ice cream and subject A is the parent. I can fabricate any story I like and embellish it just like the agent and people will fall for it.

Last edited:

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Bobby Duncan's removed is profile pic, his banner photo and all reference to LFC on his bio. Regardless of how much of a twat his agent clearly is, it is equally clear that someone needs to provide this lad some proper support.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
All sounds like the agents doing. But clearly Duncan is the one with his destiny in his own hands. He has the power to sack his agent, and also has the power to go on strike.

Whatever he chooses to do is going to shape his career. Funny, I saw his agent also manages Berahino. Look at how badly his career has panned out.

The accusations of bullying must be taken seriously. No different to if there were accusations of racism, sexism etc. The very fact that the agent chose to get into a back and forth with Carra, whilst childishlly slagging of Edward's makes me think its largely fabricated in terms of severity.

Status
Not open for further replies.