• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Brendan Rodgers to Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
We just beat Newcastle 6-0 and have had several high scoring results. BR's stock is high despite our actual averaged results. Tallented, underperforming and a tinge of a cloud? He's Mr Moneyball!

TFC

TIA Squad Member
I believe Mancini's time is up at City, deservedly so. Hard to believe that Rodgers would actually be offered the job, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was on a 'short' list of candidates - unless the list was actually short.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Sweeting said:
If we'd have lost the news article would probably have been linking him with being sacked, so it's quite amusing.
Too true, #irony

S

Sgt. Pepper

Sweeting said:
If we'd have lost the news article would probably have been linking him with being sacked, so it's quite amusing.
It probably has nothing to do with the result. In this day and age I'd say it's likely that a lazy reporter grabbed it from an internet forum or twitter where people are talking about macca's rumor.

ILLOK said:
Or liverpool replacing Rafael Benitez with Roy Hodgson
That too.

TippRed

TIA Youth Team
Wow. I just forget sometimes how much dung can be written with out any need to back it up.
Well Txiki does know his stuff!
BR is also known to love working with DOF's.
Dane, I understand its a popcorn thread but there are people who will gobble this shit up.

kipland007

TIA Youth Team
Besides the fact that it won't happen, doesn't seem like it would be a very good idea for City. I can't see many of their players fitting in well with Rodgers' system. Benitez would seem a much more sensible choice and I actually think he could do quite well with the system they have in place there.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
People forget that Roman approached Brendan last year and he turned them down.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
How much could we get for him? We could replace him with a natural starter ;)

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
mpoletti said:
Mercenary manager would be the only manager that would take up an offer in Chelsea, and that includes their current one to put his name back in the game. Nobody in their right mind would want to go to Chelsea, especially when you are still young.

As for this story, redbj said it best... full cover-up. Wonder if Real Madrid would also eye him since he knows the Barcelona football style.

S

Sgt. Pepper

mpoletti said:
SoueysTash said:
Is that true? Didn't know that...
Don't think it's true. There wasn't a mention of an offer. Not by Chlesea, not the media and not Rodgers himself.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/brendan-rodgers-rules-out-chelsea-move-i-am-trying-to-build-my-career-and-not-destroy-it-28722645.html

After AVB got booted he said it'll will be interesting to see who they pick then said he won't be interested.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Cheers Sgt Pepper.

Onto this "Rumour"...surprised the thread hasn't been locked, crock of shit paper talk.

Ultimately City will get a proven manager - someone who can deliver in Europe. BR needs more experience to deal with a bunch of egos like that and a trigger happy board.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
S

showmethemoney

What a load of old bollocks.

I said before in a different thread, the mirror have gone from a once semi decent, political, worth a read paper - to an xfactor/BGT/big brother, Jordans tits, sensationalist, not worth the money or paper it's written on load of crap.

Wondered if it was April fools when I saw this.

But get set for an entire summers worth of stories like this on Brendan, Luis, probably Cou, Dagger ect ect ect..

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
SoueysTash said:
Cheers Sgt Pepper.

Onto this "Rumour"...surprised the thread hasn't been locked, crock of shit paper talk.

Ultimately City will get a proven manager - someone who can deliver in Europe. BR needs more experience to deal with a bunch of egos like that and a trigger happy board.
I concur.
But not out of place in a whole sub forum of "crock of shit paper talk" threads which amass pages and pages of collective cyber masturbation.

S

Sgt. Pepper

Googled Rodgers and Man City and found this...

Rodgers: City gave me back confidence
August 26, 2012

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has thanked Premier League rivals Manchester City for giving him back his self-belief.

As Rodgers prepared to face City at Anfield this weekend, he reflected on how easily he could have ended up working for Roberto Mancini. City manager Mancini offered Rodgers the chance to join his coaching staff in January 2010, and the two men met in Italy to discuss a role.

The opportunity came up when Rodgers' fledgling managerial career had taken a dip, with Reading having sacked him in December 2009 after only six months. He rejected the chance to join Mancini, instead taking charge of Swansea the following July and guiding them to the Premier League in his first season.

Rodgers told the Sunday Mirror: "I was out of the game after leaving Reading and got a call from Brian Marwood saying there was a possibility of me going to Manchester City.

"I spent a couple of days up there, looking at the project and everything. Then I flew to Milan and met Roberto.

"It was really exciting and I didn't think I was going to get a manager's job, so the next best thing would have been at least working with top-class players. But then I got the call from Swansea to be their No. 1 and the chance to manage a great club like that was too good to turn down, irrespective of money and whatever.

"City coming in for me was good for my confidence. I was grateful because at the time I was on the outside looking in. They gave me back my confidence. I went to Swansea and thankfully everything has worked out well."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1142993/brendan-rodgers:-man-city-gave-me-back-my-confidence?cc=4716

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
i will take a swap for BR with aguero+silva+yaya+kompany. fair deal.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
redbj said:
Great bit of pr by the club . The discussion now goes from did he do a good enough job, to can we keep him.

All for the fee of a paltry phone call and one 'in the bank'
Cheap, simple and effective strategy. And probably what happened.

We are at best looking at his chance of finishing in top 4 in the next season or the next to next.

He needs a lot of time to develop himself and City simply wants to claim back the title next season.

To even think that a title aspiring team will 'shortlist' a manager who just had 2 seasons in EPL with his best finish as 6/7 is going to be stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.