• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Bullets dodged

Arminius

FSG PR plant
There was a time when Owen Coyle was strongly linked with us :)
This one may have been the most serious of all. Hard to imagine FSG's tenure ever finding its feet if they had hired him. Quite an astonishing freefall has career has been in since what looked quite promising at Bolton.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Speaking of managers, also Alan Curbishley in 2004 before Rafa came?

Oh and Simon Kjaer. He was the typical overrated signing idea because he was a Liverpool fan and the possibility to play with Agger.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Dunno if it's a bullet dodged , but it was a choice between Brendan , poch
and Martinez when it came to be choosing a manager. Had we chosen poch , we might never had klopp

Kopstar

★★★★★★
and Martinez when it came to be choosing a manager. Had we chosen poch , we might never had klopp
I don't remember Pochettino being in the running. That would have been whilst he was at Espanyol?

Flobs

FADA
Might not have needed Klopp?
Is this some way of grateful for Brendan? (If so it has not it has just made me feel sick :-( )

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Gaston Ramirez, don't know if he was that heavily linked but he was to some degree and many were hoping he'd be a Uruguayan teammate to help appease Suarez when he was starting to want out.

Who was that French player who we almost signed but ended up at Newcastle? Had a nightmare injury record?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Gaston Ramirez, don't know if he was that heavily linked but he was to some degree and many were hoping he'd be a Uruguayan teammate to help appease Suarez when he was starting to want out.

Who was that French player who we almost signed but ended up at Newcastle? Had a nightmare injury record?
Good shout with Gaston.

Sylvain Marveaux.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I don't remember Pochettino being in the running. That would have been whilst he was at Espanyol?
I believe it was Villa Boas, I think they all would have had a similar run as Rodgers, they all looked caught in the headlights in their following years. Though maybe Martinez would have been less against a TC as would Villa Boas. I still don't think any of them are particularly great coaches mind.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Good shout with Gaston.

Sylvain Marveaux.
There was a lad who signed for Everton around that time, who we were rumoured to be on for, but the Ev got and enjoyed crowing about it until it transpired he was shite.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Okay. Controversial one here , Marco Reus considering his rotten luck with injuries ?