Car parking on match days...

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I've had a look in the "going to the match" thread but nothing in there about car parking. mods please feel free to delete this if I'm missed a thread that covers this.

I've managed to get tickets for the games at Anfield against Arsenal and Man U in the coming weeks (Fk me I wasn't expecting to get this lucky).

For the Arsenal game (8pm kick off on Weds 13th Jan) I will need to drive up to Liverpool from Southampton. Aiming to set off from here at around 1pm.

Any advice on where is best to park the car? Need to drive back down south straight after the game so ideally a bit away from Anfield so I can get back on the mway? Maybe park and get a bus to the ground?

Thanks in advance!

Kanonkop

In my experience it doesn't matter how far away you park as you get stuck in traffic anyway at some point.

I have parked in the Sandon car park, a school car park on Walton Breck Rd (opposite Oban Rd) or the Dockers Club on Townsend Lane in the past and all were OK.

I would avoid Stanley Park as that can be a nightmare to get out of.

Edit - I'm not sure the Dockers Club is still open....but you will find several car parking options there or thereabouts.

Last edited:

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Honestly, park at Goodison (parking at front end of stadium), 5 min walk through Stanley Park and pretty easy to get out of.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Cheers chaps. Hope to make it to Merseyside for 6ish leaving time to park, grab food/pint.

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
Queen's Drive and outwards is pretty OK. About a 15 minute walk in from there. Or else Cherry Lane (same area).

A bit away from Goodison is also OK and about 10 minutes in, on foot.

I always park at the school just up the road from the kop (if you walk from the school the kop would be on your left on the other side of the road). Think it used to be a fiver. Either way it's a stones throw from the ground and they have guys there all match so it's pretty safe.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Thanks for replies!

£5 is reasonable enough - will prob go for Dockers or the school.

It's 4 degrees here - it's gonna be much colder up in Merseyside tomorrow! Gloves and hat at the ready

Anyone know if the school is still doing parking? Heading up this sunday and wondering about parking in town then taking the bus or trying to park nearer the ground.

Wilkored08

To every one...thank you for the info on parking....eventually parked near 'them across the park'...thanks to our 2 passengers who guided us....cheers!

KevTheRed

I have a parking permit available for Stanley Park (Walton Lane) valid Aug 2017 to Aug 2018 if anyone is interested.

Wilkored08

Honestly, park at Goodison (parking at front end of stadium), 5 min walk through Stanley Park and pretty easy to get out of.
We parked here...straight out onto the East Lancs...and then the motorway...pretty easy.

KevTheRed

No problem just message me, let me know it will work out a lot less than paying £10 day mate¬ If you park regular this would be a life saver! :well done:

rupzzz

TIA Regular
We now regularly use the All Saints carpark on Oakfields. Just need to get their early enough.

Downside is you do get stuck in traffic compared to parking further out, but at £7 it's cheaper than those further away.

KevTheRed

Haha...I can see the ground from my space and it's only a 5 minute walk across the park! :celebrating:

£120 for all games if you want easy annual parking let me know asap

KevTheRed

Haha...I can see the ground from my space and it's only a 5 minute walk across the park! :celebrating:

£120 for all games if you want easy annual parking let me know asap
No offers for the big day? Am surprised to say the least! £100 first come first served....

Wilkored08

Well Mancs do anyway....

£10 in the residential home on Anfield road. Straight forward to get out of.

Then money goes towards the home and improvements for the old folkes
Hi we are travelling up for game Wednesday night can you tell me more about parking at the residential home post code if you have it and if we would be able to park there please Julie

KevTheRed

Hi we are travelling up for game Wednesday night can you tell me more about parking at the residential home post code if you have it and if we would be able to park there please Julie
Parking permit is still available for Stanley Park/Walton Lane (L4 4PX)

All games including derby day until Aug 2018 - £90 ono. Grab a bargain - email me:- [email protected]