Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
According to the Mail going Chelsea for £60m

Nikola

Potless.
Admin
Cadena SER, hardly a super-reliable source, have been claiming for past two days that he's off to Liverpool. Allegedly, they know that because Atletico Madrid wanted to sign him and he told them that he was going to Liverpool.

Sweeting

I'd actually like Chelsea to spend that much on Pulisic, that deal isn't going to do much to bridge the gap between us.

He'd be getting signed in lieu of a better player. That'll do me.
The same report also says that they will let Hudson-Odoi leave for RB Leipzig if they sign Pulisic.

I would like to see the farce of some teams transfer dealings highlighted again by them selling CHO for pennies and signing him back in 18 months for £70m.

gr_sounder

Quite honestly, many of us here in the USA have been anticipating that Pulisic's next destination will be Chelsea and that's where I expect he'll land, but probably not until summer.
Dortmund moved on from him because they knew he was going to be leaving.... and did so by taking a chance on Sancho who has turned out to be excellent for them. I think if Jadon had flopped or needed more time, Pulisic would be playing a lot more, but that's not what happened. Christian is still a quality player for them, but he's not one they will build around.

All in all, the chances of him ever coming here were slim due to the players we have already in positions that Pulisic typically plays. I'm disappointed as I'd have liked him here, and in particular I think we could have used his dribbling ability in addition to his overall intelligence and work rate, but he isn't a "must have" and never was. I've been resigned to the likelihood that he'll end up at Chelsea for quite some time.

As others have said, Pulisic alone isn't going to bridge the gap for Chelsea, not in the next 2-3 years at least. Then again, lets remember that Pulisic is 20 years old - the same age as Trent Alexander-Arnold. He's a good player now for Champions League calibre teams, but he's nowhere near a finished product.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
As others have said, Pulisic alone isn't going to bridge the gap for Chelsea, not in the next 2-3 years at least. Then again, lets remember that Pulisic is 20 years old - the same age as Trent Alexander-Arnold. He's a good player now for Champions League calibre teams, but he's nowhere near a finished product.
If Roman Abramovich can retain Sarri for a longer period of time than 2-3 years, then going to Chelsea may suit him well for his growth. But if he keeps his trend going by changing manager every 2-3 years or less, then Pulisic might find himself going backwards or stagnant. So the finished product may not realise its potential if it lands on the wrong sets of hands. If he doesn't hit the ground running and having a manager like Mourinho in charge, he's screwed.

gr_sounder

If Roman Abramovich can retain Sarri for a longer period of time than 2-3 years, then going to Chelsea may suit him well for his growth. But if he keeps his trend going by changing manager every 2-3 years or less, then Pulisic might find himself going backwards or stagnant. So the finished product may not realise its potential if it lands on the wrong sets of hands. If he doesn't hit the ground running and having a manager like Mourinho in charge, he's screwed.
Agreed. I think ManU might have had a chance for Pulisic but it would never happen with Mourinho in charge. No still developing player should ever choose to play for Jose. And now, hold the presses, I see that Mourinho is out..... with that news, I could see Pulisic considering them again, but I really hope not.

You are right also on Abramovich. Quite honestly I thought the whole Russian-England situation was going to have driven Roman out of Chelsea by now, but so far he has not sold. Granted he also hasn't been at any matches due to the whole visa thing, and he still can't work for the club. So it remains to be seen what will happen there over the next couple years. If he stays, and keeps Sarri, Chelsea might do well enough developing young players and looking for seasoned veterans. If Roman decides to get out (and I still think he will - nothing other than gut feeling and I have zero inside information), that could make things very interesting at that club.

Regardless, I still think Pulisic ends up there. I just don't see him at City or United at this stage and I don't think he comes here. Tottenham would have always been my best option for him, and could still be an option honestly, but i've not really seen serious links there.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
He would be of interest to every top club in Europe. Only difference who is interested enough to throw 60mil or more in for him. As for as PL is concerned, I think only Chelsea and Utd would be that interested. Utd just need injection of life but it is a club in turmoil internally so Chelsea could interest Pulisic more. Chelsea is looking to offload quite a number of players like Cahill, Moses with real interest in them, and with Hazard not sure of staying, they would throw in that 60mil easily.

As for us, we definitely interested but I don't think we are that in need of his position to pay that amount

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Regardless, I still think Pulisic ends up there. I just don't see him at City or United at this stage and I don't think he comes here. Tottenham would have always been my best option for him, and could still be an option honestly, but i've not really seen serious links there.
Come January if Pochettino takes over at Old Trafford, I think Pulisic will be his first acquisition, unless Dortmund decides to cash in right now and sell him to Chelsea.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Come January if Pochettino takes over at Old Trafford, I think Pulisic will be his first acquisition, unless Dortmund decides to cash in right now and sell him to Chelsea.
Spurs wont let Poch go before the summer. No mananger, no stadium - nah wont happen

RobLFC

Spurs wont let Poch go before the summer. No mananger, no stadium - nah wont happen
Which is why they're having a caretaker until the summer, so they can get Poch then.

Wouldn't surprise me if Pulisic was Hazard's replacement at Chelsea or Poch's first signing at United, but either way it will be in the summer and not in January.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Yeah and if Poch stays at spurs, he might go for Pulisic. Pulisic looks completely like a spurs kind of transfer.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Too expensive. Did you see the thing the other night? After breaking a Prem record in the summer by signing no one, Poch pulled out his empty pockets when asked if they were going to do anything in January.
Maybe he was insinuating he'd be rolling out his celebrated elephant impression at the club's new year's bash?

Richard88

IF (/when) United decide to pursue Pochettino, you can be sure that Levy is going to drag that out as long as possible into August to ensure that United don't get a full preseason with him.

I'd also strongly suspect that Pochettino would want to bring players with him from Spurs, Eriksen being the first most obvious choice given that his contract expires in 2020. I'm sure he'll will want to push the boat out to bring in one of Alli and/or Kane as well, though that could be very costly.

Pochettino at United would certainly create another landing spot for players Klopp likes, including Pulisic, but I'd still think in the short-term Liverpool would remain the more attractive option due to the existing stability and harmony in the squad, along with the CL football (which United are unlikely to have next season). That said, being part of the rebuilding project at United might be attractive to some young players too.

Richard88

Which is why they're having a caretaker until the summer, so they can get Poch then.

Wouldn't surprise me if Pulisic was Hazard's replacement at Chelsea or Poch's first signing at United, but either way it will be in the summer and not in January.
Signing Pulisic would be great, but it's not the sort of transfer you lose sleep over if it doesn't happen. Klopp and Edwards have an excellent track record of signing quality, so whoever they bring in will be fine.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Apart from the USA game with England I have never seen this lad play so I have no idea if the hype is real.
If Klopp wants him then Im sure he'd come to us

Cologne-Liverpool

Must be a bit annyoing for Pulisic when a two-year younger player with less top-level experience can just take on your position, take your spot and already have much more impact than you ever had. Might drive the price down a bit though, less of that wunderkind hype is probably good for the kid anyway in the long run.

RobLFC

I would delighted with that as the step down from Hazard to Pulisic is massive.
Completely agree. But just feel if/when Hazard goes, then Chelsea will have a greater need than us and probably have a knee-jerk reaction and look to bring in someone who's got a bit of a reputation to appease the fans after losing Hazard - no matter whether that reputation is justified or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.