Christian Pulisic (AM) Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elessar

Pulisic isn't playing much this season because he is refusing to sign a new deal if you believe the German media. He isn't a worse player than last season. He need playing time, a lot of it something he won't get at Dortmund. Not because he isn't good enough.

He mostly play on the wing but he could also easily end up as a CM playmaker. He is a very complete player and that is his biggest strength. Maybe Klopp would play him in CM if he sign him. He is also a good leader on and off the pitch.

Cologne-Liverpool

Pulisic isn't playing much this season because he is refusing to sign a new deal if you believe the German media. He isn't a worse player than last season. He need playing time, a lot of it something he won't get at Dortmund. Not because he isn't good enough.

He mostly play on the wing but he could also easily end up as a CM playmaker. He is a very complete player and that is his biggest strength. Maybe Klopp would play him in CM if he sign him. He is also a good leader on and off the pitch.
Sancho has 6 goals and 9 asists in 17 BL appearances so far, most assists in the BL, works well with Reus and Alcacer, they're in a position to become champions, which they haven't been for a long time - why wouldn't they let Sancho play atm?
Doesn't mean Pulisic is shite or might not have a great career ahead of him.

C

Caradoc

So Dortmund won’t play him yet he is a very complete player. Oh and maybe Klopp could play him at left back and have Robbo as back-up.

There's more on here creating anti-hype and complaining about hype than there is actual hype on here. It's actually quite funny. People driving up the post count by complaining about the post count.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I doubt I’ve contributed much more than a dozen posts to this 37 pages. You don’t half talk utter tosh at times. Perhaps you ‘dreamt’ it all!

Last edited by a moderator:

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
The more you type the more you simply make my point for me ........ keep it going! :well done:

I can leave it there now! :-)
There's absolutely no doubt at all you've made a dozen+ posts in here and contributed 0 to this page, other than to shoot down peoples opinions and knowledge (when you've been asking to hear about the player).

Watch his games,look on youtube,checkout his stats,read articles on him,you do the leg work,then come back to us and tell us what your thoughts are,maybe you'll contribute something informative and positive to the debate and halt this thread at 38 pages,other than your sarcastic,my opinion is better than yours,you don't know sh*t kinda attitude.

I got your number mate.

I can leave it there now aswell.

C

Caradoc

There's absolutely no doubt at all you've made a dozen+ posts in here and contributed 0 to this page, other than to shoot down peoples opinions and knowledge (when you've been asking to hear about the player).

Watch his games,look on youtube,checkout his stats,read articles on him,you do the leg work,then come back to us and tell us what your thoughts are,maybe you'll contribute something informative and positive to the debate and halt this thread at 38 pages,other than your sarcastic,my opinion is better than yours,you don't know sh*t kinda attitude.

I got your number mate.

I got your number mate’ ...... ? lol

Says it all! :-)

Red over the water

The lad is talented but how important it is that we sign him remains to be seen. Liverpool have evolved massively since Klopp put in a bid for him. If he does so again, I trust his judgement. If he doesn’t that’s good enough for me.

In the meantime, if we have money to spend, it makes far more sense to me that we reinforce our left flank.
I can get on board with this. He’s talented and we might sign him (I think we will) but if not, there will be other good players. I do think Pulisic can also cover the left side if we sign him. In a 4-2-3-1 he can play any of the three positions.

C

Caradoc

I can get on board with this. He’s talented and we might sign him (I think we will) but if not, there will be other good players. I do think Pulisic can also cover the left side if we sign him. In a 4-2-3-1 he can play any of the three positions.

My genuine concern is that we already have plenty of players who can play multiple positions and I understand that Klopp prefers players like this but I think you can have to many and would much prefer to have left sided players on the left. If we are serious about winning major trophies then a player whose main position is left wing and another whose main position is left back are priorities for me.

I would also prefer to see how Shaqiri continues to develop first as well as waiting to see what happens with Ox when he returns. If the price comes down I would still like us to go for Fekir but clearly that’s extremely unlikely to happen but a player like that (or Isco or Daybala) would massively strengthen us. We know that now - its not guesswork like it is with Pulisic. So you know that you are going to get what you’re looking for upfront.

I regard Pulisic as a luxury signing ...... an indulgence signing. That’s just the way that I view it. I’m not sure we’ve reached the point where we can justify doing that just now. And I’m not sure that Klopp is that type of manager or we’re that type of club to be honest.

If Klopp brings Pulisic in then it will be because he can see enough to know that the lad will tick the important boxes for what he needs. He tried and failed to sign him a couple of years back but it could be that Klopp has filled that place and moved on and/or in the meantime Pulisic has not developed in the way that he expected. Or Klopp may just be biding his time and waiting for the right opportunity. Who knows? I don’t claim to!

Red over the water

Fair enough, it will be interesting to see how it pans out with Pulisic. I’m chilled as we are becoming quite the team now, and we have the recruitment side sorted, so anyone we bring in will be well thought out. There are a number of good young players around Europe who can help us in that final third, and we are well placed to scoop one or two up.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Virgil came out of the blue at Christmas last year, so... I wouldn't rule out that Klopp will get his wish this year again. If he still wants him we will get him imo. If not I won't be disappointed at all.
Very different circumstances. We wanted Van Dijk in the summer, through sheer arrogance of our chairman spouting nonsense to the media off the record apparently, and that pisses Southampton off. The move was called off and we were stuck needing a solid centre half the manager wanted and could not get. So it wasn't out of the blue, The out of the blue move is more like Fabinho where everyone was expecting us to go in for Lemar and so many others, all of a sudden Fabinho signed.

We didn't go for Pulisic last summer, we moved on after getting turned down and went for Salah instead. Van Dijk's position needed strengthening big time, while Pulisic's position only needed a steady back up. So I can't see the manager break the bank to buy him this winter. In fact I don't see us buying anyone at all.

C

Caradoc

Personally I’d be very surprised if we sign anybody this January very surprised indeed. But what the last couple of transfer windows have told us is Liverpool are capable of pulling off a major surprise in the transfer market. So its a case of let’s wait and see!

Brock34

TIA Squad Member
I actually wouldn’t be surprised at all if this happens in January. While we are deep in midfield and getting by in the back by rotating players, but with TAA, Gomez, Matip back fairly soon, our front three is where we are thin. Imagine Mane out for a long period, we don’t have another player with pace on the wing. And Sturridge could be suspended, making us even thinner up top.

People often talk about the 10 position, but with Shaq, Ox, maybe Lallana, maybe Mane, maybe Keita. I don’t think we are desperate there. Pulisic now. Timo in the summer. Origi and Sturridge sold.

This is probably a good time for BVB to cash in too. If they wait until summer, when he only has one year left, and if he continues to regress as he hasn’t been playing regularly then his value will drop a good. They’re a well run Club, I bet they have ways already lined up to spend the money possibly this January.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

I got your number mate.

lol do you use YouTube to rate players ? Ffs I'd could make myself look good in a YouTube video. Its like someone else using a preseason friendly as a pointer to why we should sign him lol. If klopps wants him then he'll sign him but as @Caradoc has basically said , there are probably more important areas to fill first
Pulisic is good player (,personally I think he is a overhyped) and isn't better than anything we already have and so do we just put 60m on a squad player ? This crap about him paying for himself with shirt sales from American fans is shite as well

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
lol do you use YouTube to rate players ?
No not at all, it's not like you can just go watch any player in a live game 24/7,i was just making a point to go do some research on the player,checking out footage on youtube was just one of a few suggestions,not something to base your whole opinion on and not something i do.

Your right,Pulisic is a good player,might not be better than the first team starters atm but he has potential to be,which is what klopp tends to look for in players.

I'm not saying we'll spend £60mill on him mind,but if Klopp did,i'd have no issue with it,going on past purchases you could probably double the cost of the players Klopp has brought in for us,then think how much it would cost us to buy finished articles with the same skill set.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Love how £60 million is said with so much certainty and displeasure. Nobody knows how much he'll cost so why is everyone so fixed on that price? He could cost more or less and to be honest under Klopp I don't really care on the price any more. Van Dijk and Gomez as a partnership is best in the league in my opinion. To get a partnership even close to that level you'd need to spend at least £50 million on each. So why would I care that VvD was expensive and Gomez so cheap? Looking at average cost of Klopps players we've still got a relatively cheap side compared to the costs of our rivals so I don't care if the odd player is overpriced. Klopp doesn't target bad players from what we've seen. So if he decides Pulisic is worth whatever he'll cost, based on knowing what he can bring to our squad, then who am I to argue? He's the expert and has worked with the player before. Who better to make that decision?

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
No not at all, it's not like you can just go watch any player in a live game 24/7,i was just making a point to go do some research on the player,checking out footage on youtube was just one of a few suggestions,not something to base your whole opinion on and not something i do.

Your right,Pulisic is a good player,might not be better than the first team starters atm but he has potential to be,which is what klopp tends to look for in players.

I'm not saying we'll spend £60mill on him mind,but if Klopp did,i'd have no issue with it,going on past purchases you could probably double the cost of the players Klopp has brought in for us,then think how much it would cost us to buy finished articles with the same skill set.
See ya I do agree with what you are saying but that is exactly what took what @Caradoc was saying as well. From where I stand, I don't think he is someone we particularly need right now or will improve our team. He has potential but you have to balance it out to is he worth it for the price especially with his contract running down.
I think everyone is in agreement that ya if klopp thinks he's worth it at 60m then ya that's cool as I think everyone believesin his judgement but for now in a rumors thread about a player who truth is most of us don't know really a great deal about apart from a few YouTube vids which can make anybody look a worldbeater. There are a few lads who mouth off here like they are the dogs bollocks of scouts and probably havent even watched him play for Dortmund .(not aiming that any of this at you BTW)

Anfield rd Dreamer

See ya I do agree with what you are saying but that is exactly what took what @Caradoc was saying as well. From where I stand, I don't think he is someone we particularly need right now or will improve our team. He has potential but you have to balance it out to is he worth it for the price especially with his contract running down.
I think everyone is in agreement that ya if klopp thinks he's worth it at 60m then ya that's cool as I think everyone believesin his judgement but for now in a rumors thread about a player who truth is most of us don't know really a great deal about apart from a few YouTube vids which can make anybody look a worldbeater. There are a few lads who mouth off here like they are the dogs bollocks of scouts and probably havent even watched him play for Dortmund .(not aiming that any of this at you BTW)
There's also a fair few on here that have never seen him play insisting he's like the new Ibe.

Brock34

TIA Squad Member
lol do you use YouTube to rate players ? Ffs I'd could make myself look good in a YouTube video. Its like someone else using a preseason friendly as a pointer to why we should sign him lol. If klopps wants him then he'll sign him but as @Caradoc has basically said , there are probably more important areas to fill first
Pulisic is good player (,personally I think he is a overhyped) and isn't better than anything we already have and so do we just put 60m on a squad player ? This crap about him paying for himself with shirt sales from American fans is shite as well
I’m with you, let’s stop talking about his fee being too high because he’s American and let’s stop talking about his fee being covered by shirt sales.

The fee will probably be some number (10-15m?) higher than if he were a 20 year old fast attacker from Panama or Romania. But I’m positive Edwards, etc in our front office have calculated that they can exploit shirt sales, sponsorships, etc to get that back, if we decide to make this move. So it really doesn’t matter.

With his contract running down and his form being somewhat off and Sancho ahead of him, I actually think now is a good chance to get him at a fairly depressed price in this market. With an opportunity for his value and more importantly his ability to go way up with some consistent coaching, in a consistent system, still at such a young formative age.

Not saying he’s the next Hazard. And I think that’s a stupid comparison. But I do think he fits the type of player we need, as we try to consistently challenge for multiple pieces of silverware each year.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Has anybody actually said that or is this another misquote from you?
Sorry did I say it was a quote? The descriptions some are putting up you'd be thinking they were talking about Ibe and wonder how this player ever got a game for a top side. He's a good player. He may one day become a great player and Klopp has tried to buy him at least once and may again. I think far too many are trying far too hard to persuade that he doesn't deserve the hype but I'm not actually seeing anyone coming on here hyping him up.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Sorry did I say it was a quote? The descriptions some are putting up you'd be thinking they were talking about Ibe and wonder how this player ever got a game for a top side. He's a good player. He may one day become a great player and Klopp has tried to buy him at least once and may again. I think far too many are trying far too hard to persuade that he doesn't deserve the hype but I'm not actually seeing anyone coming on here hyping him up.
Nobody mentioned Ibe then. Got it.

Elessar

I think that if Klopp have a transfer budget then FSG would add the money Pulisic will cost. The reason being that he is American and can earn the club a lot of money in the future. So Klopp would not spend any of his transfer budget if we sign him.

It is easy to forget about FFP. We need players like Pulisic that isn't only very good players but also would add to our sponsorship deals. I am not talking about shirt sales. Then we could continue to pay big wages and sign players for mega big money.

Brock34

TIA Squad Member
Well we can’t go at each other over our own players right now. I suppose we’ll just have to argue over lads at other clubs.
I’m sure we can all still find a way to disagree about Henderson....

spartacus136

Nobody mentioned Ibe then. Got it.
I was thinking about Tom Ince. Back in 2012- 2013, there was so much noises related to him because of the connection between him and our club but luckily we didn't buy him.

In Pulisic case, we might consider about him in the past but i don't think we still do. Look at Klopp's recent transfers, I divide them into two types:
1. Mane, Salah, van Dijk, Fabinho, Alisson, Keita : already one of the best of their position. We pay big for them too.
2. Wini, Roberson, Shaqiri, Ox : familiar with Epl, Consider cheap as well.
All of them except Van Dijk were in good form, played regular when we bought them. Till now, Only two young players Klopp bought are Karius and Grujic but they almost cost nothing. He used TAA and Gomez but not because they are young, its because they already good enough and we already have them in squad.

We are in the tittle race now so no room for take a risk. So it makes no sense to purchase Pulisic - who will cost much, didn't deliver for long time, come from different league. Look at the way how long Fabinho and Keita took to integrate, it should be naive to hope some young, inexperience boys come in mid season can make impact to our team.

If we bought someone in winter tranfer, it would likely be someone much more grown, not fancy one but much more safer. There's a bigger chance that we in for Gross or even Arnautovic than Pulisic in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.