Christian Pulisic (AM) Borussia Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Once they get your number the jig is up I assume :((

You assumed right mate,i got too much respect for this website/forums/decent members,to get into petty BS with a WUM (thats his number) and keep giving him ammunition to slaughter peoples opinions and act like billy big bollox.My apologies for this post and derailing the thread.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
This would be a very good deal. Pulisic would get enough time to get used to our game. He would easily feature in most of the games.
I will actually see pulisic as a player who will push our front 3.
At the moment, that department is thin.
I am sure sturridge and origi have good resale value.
Only concern for me is, once Brewster is fit, should we not try to promote him? He is the next exciting prospect from our academy.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
This would be a very good deal. Pulisic would get enough time to get used to our game. He would easily feature in most of the games.
I will actually see pulisic as a player who will push our front 3.
At the moment, that department is thin.
I am sure sturridge and origi have good resale value.
Only concern for me is, once Brewster is fit, should we not try to promote him? He is the next exciting prospect from our academy.
We've got Shaqiri, Sturridge and Origi, among those who can play in the front 3 role. I just don't see how it can be construed as thin when you have players backing the main men up. If that is considered thin, the entire league will be needing to bolster that department, maybe the entire European league too.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
We've got Shaqiri, Sturridge and Origi, among those who can play in the front 3 role. I just don't see how it can be construed as thin when you have players backing the main men up. If that is considered thin, the entire league will be needing to bolster that department, maybe the entire European league too.
God forbid if we have injuries which rule out players for 3-4 weeks, I don't trust sturridge and origi to lead the line. As an impact players they are perfect thought.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
God forbid if we have injuries which rule out players for 3-4 weeks, I don't trust sturridge and origi to lead the line. As an impact players they are perfect thought.
Same goes for everyone in the league, you can never have 2 Salahs in the same team and one on the bench. What makes you think Pulisic will do better than Sturridge?

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
Same goes for everyone in the league, you can never have 2 Salahs in the same team and one on the bench. What makes you think Pulisic will do better than Sturridge?
I think he would because he is a different player than Sturridge that is more suited to fit perfectly in klopp's system which Sturridge has never really fitted in Klopp's system like what i'm talking about. Pulisic is similar to both mane and salah before klopp bought them in terms of his pace and the ability to cut in and play central as well and can play multiple positions in klopp's team unlike sturridge really. He can play on the left or right under klopp with no problem I think

I still love Sturridge but in terms of who i think would do better under klopp.. I think Pulisic would but I'm happy with Sturridge and hope he gets to add more goals for us in the second half of this season. He still has a couple of big goals for us this season.

Last edited:

Magnus

Pulisic is a really good player, but do we really need reinforcements now ? I don't think so, unless we get more broken bones. In my opinion, the squad depth of Liverpool is one of the deepest and best in the world.

RedBaron

Curse you RedBaron!!!!
JK would never say no to a player who can add depth to the squad, he knows and his bosses, FSG would love to have at the club.
With our squad and the direction we are going, FSG can afford to invest in a player that will add massive status to the US market, will easily recoup his fee over a couple of years and as a bonus keep most of us happy and piss off our rivals who already think we are strong enough.
I just cannot see any bad side to this and I’m old school so I hope it happens.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Pulisic is a really good player, but do we really need reinforcements now ? I don't think so, unless we get more broken bones. In my opinion, the squad depth of Liverpool is one of the deepest and best in the world.
We should probably always be on the lookout. City got Laporte in jan last year despite dominating everything at that time, they'd look even more at sea defensively than they do now if they'd ignored him.

As for Pulisic, I doubt he'd disrupt squad harmony or anything like that. He appears to be a nice, hard working kid and Klopp wouldn't disrupt a winning team just to throw him in, he'd have to earn a place just like everyone else.

If you look at our front line it's probably a striker or two heavy and a wide player short, so this would make sense. It would just hopefully be at a sensible price and not the figures that are usually quoted for Pulisic.

C

Caradoc

If Pulisic signs I would hope and expect it will go the same way as other recent signings i.e. it won’t be ‘leaked’ or doing the rounds on the Twattersphere and we’ll find out when the club are ready to announce it. If Klopp wants the lad then I think he’s ours because on a personal level just as much as a footballing level it makes so much sense for Pulisic.

My concern, and I’ve said it all along, is the fee. I’m not interested in how many shirts he’ll sell in the US - we can’t base a transfer fee on that. Let’s get the lad in for his true market price (or less) and see what happens next. If things go well and its translated into shirt sales then its more profit for us, not just paying off a ridiculously inflated fee.

vjcpatriot

Brewster is more of a Striker Imo and more like 2 seasons away from featuring with the senior squad.

Werner would be great now but might not be available till summer.

I like Sancho better but he is likely untouchable.

Pulisic likely available because he is behind serious winger depth at Dortmund so we might be able to snag him for under 50m quid.

I like his potential to cover all wings and eventually play centrally as a #10 or even advanced 8.

Nationality is overstated, I'm talking purely on footballer talent...

Mind yout it's possible Chelsea snag him instead to replace Hazard but he could fit in well with KLOPPS Liverpool SYSTEM.

coldbeatle89

I’ve said it many-a-time- as an American Red- I want this to happen. To me, getting Pulisic would throw the Liverpool hype machine over here into hyperdrive- what with the American owners and LeBron etc. The amount of supporters we’d pick up might be similar to the Salah-Egypt support we saw last year.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Well if that is the case, why are we linked with him?
Klopp certainly sees something in him.
It's the same reason as why shaqs is doing so well here. Our style may suit pulisic more than studge or origi. Just a strong strong feeling.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Well if that is the case, why are we linked with him?
Klopp certainly sees something in him.
It's the same reason as why shaqs is doing so well here. Our style may suit pulisic more than studge or origi. Just a strong strong feeling.
We've been linked with anyone who's been in Dortmund and doing well. The only one that is making a mountain out of this anthill are the fans and media. We are not going to get him this January, all the rumour and linking us carried by mirror and daily-express.

C

Caradoc

I don’t think its gone unnoticed how much many LFC supporters would like us to sign Pulisic. There are some pretty vindictive and unscrupulous people out there who would take great pleasure in getting these supporters’ hopes up using social media. The Mirror would be more than happy to tap into this to stir the shit and sell newspapers off the back of it.

As mentioned in a previous post LFC’s recent approach is to keep everything under wraps until they are ready to make an announcement so that even the most reliable sources are caught out. If it turns out we sign the lad, it won’t prove that these rumours were correct it will mean that they just got lucky and are nothing more than a coincidence.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
We've been linked with anyone who's been in Dortmund and doing well. The only one that is making a mountain out of this anthill are the fans and media. We are not going to get him this January, all the rumour and linking us carried by mirror and daily-express.
Because the press print stuff about us being interested in signing someone it has to be true.

hoosierred

I suppose we'll find out on Friday :think:
or a month from Friday!

I'm one of the Americans who would love to see Pulisic come and be a success at Liverpool. But I have to admit, when I look at the options up front, I'm not sure how he gets consistent game time with us. He would certainly add depth and options, but at the rumored prices you would want to see him starting most games and I just don't know if he is good enough at this stage (or ever) to do that.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Was listening to Talksport earlier,and Danny Kelly was claiming that we've agreed a £45M deal with Dortmond for January.
It'll be interesting what gets announced when the window opens, if anything. Talksport isn't reliable at all, but I don't know Kelly well enough to know whether he's full of it.

I've always been under the impression that Bild is a bit more reliable than the rags in the UK, but I may be wrong on that front.

big noyd

very different player from shaqiri even though he'd mostly be competing for the same places

even though he's still very young, think if he came in the january window he could help short-term by providing cover & drive on both wings and as a #10. long-term, there are more exciting prospects imo, and i imagine he'll move in the summer anyway

C

Caradoc

I think the fact that there’s conflicting reports between Liverpool and Chelsea shows that this is all a load of shit.

Keep calm folks. Wait for an official information ...... one way or the other!

Status
Not open for further replies.