• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Community Shield

richieh10

Be interesting to see if Migs or Alisson starts.

I’m fully expecting it to be our strongest possible side so I think it will be Alisson

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
If we don’t sort ourselves out, could be on for a hiding. Having said that, Pep hasn’t probably slept for a couple of months worried about this game.... he will overthink it as usual.

Klopp will just give all our players a big hug.... and we will steam roller them 4-0. Ox with a brace, Bobby and Brewster to score the others.

Only keeper starting this is Alison.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
If we win this, get ready for City fans to suddenly declare it isn’t really a trophy after all.

richieh10

For me... and I don’t mind admitting this. It is a trophy (albeit the least important one) but it’s still a trophy.

I will be there, singing my heart out and watching MY REDS say Wembley for ye first time. It’s gonna be a special occasion and I hope we can win. Be gutted if we don’t

richieh10

We just need to fucking batter city.

We need to fire some shots right across their bows coz at the moment we’ve been shit

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Klopp said it’s a pointless “trophy” as is super cup. He’d like to scrap both.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Klopp said it’s a pointless “trophy” as is super cup. He’d like to scrap both.
That's the opposite of what he said?

"Klopp, meanwhile, was taken aback at suggestions the Community Shield is not regarded as a major game in the English calendar.

The Reds boss twice won the German equivalent – the DFL-Supercup – while in charge of Borussia Dortmund, beating Guardiola's Bayern Munich on both occasions in 2013 and 2014.

And when told Sunday's game is something of a glorified friendly, Klopp said: “Is that how it’s seen in this country? Nobody told me that. Ah, a curtain raiser.

“I don’t know exactly why people play this competition if it means nothing. Why don’t we cancel it then?

“In Germany I won it twice but nobody mentions it. We played every year. The Super Cup – you win it, nobody cares, you lose it and some care.

"I will ask what it means in the history of the club"

Also:

Klopp, who was irritated about the game with City being called a friendly, added: "I would like to try to win it - it's a final.

"This is the first time I realised that nobody sees it like that, to be honest. 'A curtain-raiser', it's unbelievable."

Where did you get that he wants to scrap either trophy?

Last edited: