Confirmed Deals 19/20

Limiescouse

And thus ends one of the strangest liverpool careers I can remember. I hope the lad finds a platform where he can finally show what so many managers who were legally unable to play him liked so much more than the managers who were able to play him.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
According to Neil Jones (Liverpool correspondent for Goal) we got a fee of £3.2m, plus 10 per cent sell-on clause.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
According to Neil Jones (Liverpool correspondent for Goal) we got a fee of £3.2m, plus 10 per cent sell-on clause.
According to a guy I follow on Twitter who talks a lot about Liverpool and Brazil, said that Fluminese had made a higher offer but it came too late. So we might have made even more from that deal!

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Why could he never get a permit?
This is another case where i miss not having @Kopstar around who knew the minutae of these things.

I think basically he hadnt played enough international games/senior games in club football over a specified period (or demonstrated that he would be good enough to do so to qualify under special Talent?). The hope was that he would fulfill these through his playing time in other European countries that have a more flexible immigration system for people from the EU. We would then bring him back once we could get him a visa.

Unfortunately, the clubs he moved to didnt play him frequently enough for him to allow us to get him the visa.

[email protected]

So what was the point in bringing him back for 1 game?

I mean other than to experience beating the bitters on debut?
Was a really innovative solution. We only had 2 fit CB's and had a few games till now to cover for either on the pitch or on the bench. The injury crisis is now passing with each week and we're not stuck with a panic buy for another 6 months that would just be lounging around for the majority of it.