Confirmed squad for the USA tour

jhr8

All the new signings; Lallana, Lambert, Can and Markovic are included.
Same with some who may be sold; Reina, Lucas, Coates, Robinson, Enrique, Toure, etc

jhr8

Yeah, must have really caught Rodgers eye. He is there over Dunn, Rossiter, etc.

A big shame that Kristofer Peterson didn't get included in the squad (from a Swedish perspective).

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I would have preferred to see players like Peterson, Dunne Rossiter and Wilson insread of some of those who will obviously not be at LFC next season. Also thought Phillips a bit of a surprise. I suspect those others I have mentioned will be very dissapointed.

brush85

costared said:
I would have preferred to see players like Peterson, Dunne Rossiter and Wilson insread of some of those who will obviously not be at LFC next season. Also thought Phillips a bit of a surprise. I suspect those others I have mentioned will be very dissapointed.
The ones disappointed just need to be better...plus, it just means that they are not in the picture to play games for us early in the year. Which is understandable.

Quite a lot of names on that list..even if 4-5 are moved on.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Smith is maybe on his way out on loan?

Brannagan also missing.

Wouldn't look too deep into this, there are reasons why some are there and why some aren't. Good luck to the kids.

KraznyIvan

No smith is a surprise and a concern. He's one of the only youngsters who've really impressed me recently.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Smith will be out on loan I suspect, I guess this is what may take place at home while these lot go abroad, I expect all youngsters going on loan will stay here in the UK.

For some I believe it might be the last chance saloon.

SF Red

TIA Regular
I think the U21s have a tournament in Holland during the US tour. There was clearly a decision to leave the U21s off the US tour and stay together with their own preparations.

I think the only U21 player on that list is Danny Ward, who was also 3rd choice keeper last season.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Impressive that they've got every single senior player there. That's better than the tour they did 2 or 3 years ago.

The one in New York is on a WEDNESDAY. Ugh...I can't make it.

The Mancs square up against Internazionale the day prior, locally....which doesn't really interest me, but I might go just to drop my pants and show Van Gaal my junk

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
Anyone interested in grabbing dinner the night before the chicago match? I can show everyone around and share some awesome restaurants.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
gr_sounder said:
Not here they don't ;)
Enjoy it while it last B)

Gonna be some tough workdays though, Cause knowing myself I'm gonna stay up all night to get a glimpse of our new boys :D

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Landing in Chicago the day before the game out of pure coincidence, delighted, can't wait now

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Got tickets to Fenway next week, can't wait! Also kicking around the idea of maybe heading to NY for the City game. It's nice to live right in the middle there.

gr_sounder

Never Say Never said:
Anyone interested in grabbing dinner the night before the chicago match? I can show everyone around and share some awesome restaurants.
Truly wish I could... Chicago is drivable for me, but unfortunately I've got another trip that I must take and will be nowhere near Chicago on the day of the game. Will also miss the restaurants, the last time I was there I hit one of the DDD places called Kuma's Corner... oh that was freakin awesome... I still miss that Goatsnake burger. *droooooool*

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
There is certainly no shortage of great restaurants in Chicago. I wasn't planning on going to the game, but it looks like I wouldn't have any trouble getting tickets if I decided to take Monday off and drive up for it.

I'll be thinking hard about it this weekend...

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
If any if you kind gents want to PM me some of these restaurants in Chicago I'd be very grateful , first time visitor :)

artanisknarf

Exile on Anfield said:
Thanks!

Seeing them in Chicago...will be my first time ever seeing Liverpool in person. I don't think an emoji exists for how excited I am!
Me too
Got tickets today
6th row from the pitch, so there may be some streaking in the future.

SGM

TIA Legend
Never Say Never said:
I really wanted to go but my work is entirely too hectic right now. Would have been awesome touching base with some people on here.

Nick

My sister lives in Chicago

Back to football I presume that anyone we buy in the next few days will just fly out and join the squad?

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
Never Say Never said:
I'm officially going to the game! I'll be flying solo and driving up Saturday so I'll definitely be interested in meeting up with people for dinner and Chicago sights. I think its been almost 3 years since my last visit to Chi-town which is too long. I used to go a couple times a year between fun and relatives.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
The US tour could be important, to show how well can we integrate all the new players into the squad.

Mostly to see if we gonna field up a team, or 11 individual players on pitch. It can even help to persuade our target to come