Confirmed squad for the USA tour

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
Borini's gone, so there's a spot for another youngster to take his place. Maybe Peterson will get the nod, or Dunn.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Never Say Never said:
Anyone interested in grabbing dinner the night before the chicago match? I can show everyone around and share some awesome restaurants.
Post it out there in twitter, prolix and hft might take you up on that offer.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
mattyhurst said:
He is taking Peterson he just said as reward for his two goals and performance in the last two matches.
And likely as a replacement for Borini. Unless the latter decides to pass on the move to Sunderland...

Claymenza

Does borini even want to join sunderland? New stories say he wants to fight for his place. Make of that what you will.

I_Never_Walk_Alone

TIA Reserve Team
Despite conflicting reports, Borini is actually on the plane to Boston. Don't see Studge or Raheem? Could be coming direct from Jamaica... By the looks of their instagrams they've been over there the past week or so. Does anyone know when Sakho and Mignolet are joining up ? Assumed it would be a little later as France and Belgium went a bit further than the England boys

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
Borini might well be on the plane to the States today. There's nothing to say he won't be on a plane BACK tomorrow or Tuesday for him to speak to Poyet.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Dragonshadow said:
Borini might well be on the plane to the States today. There's nothing to say he won't be on a plane BACK tomorrow or Tuesday for him to speak to Poyet.
You'd think Skype would be easier...

WrongIslander

mattyhurst said:
He is taking Peterson he just said as reward for his two goals and performance in the last two matches.
Delighted to hear that, he really has earned it and looked quality as far as pre season goes.

Sound as a Pound

TIA Midfield General
Still cant believe Brad Jones is still an LFC player.
Maybe a nice guy but nowhere near good enough to play for us.

Lizard said:
Still cant believe Brad Jones is still an LFC player.
Maybe a nice guy but nowhere near good enough to play for us.
He's a backup keeper who is happy to play that role. On low wages. Has stepped up on the rare occasion that he has been called to the first XI. Seems to be well liked in the dressing room. Why exactly would we be keen to get rid?

LeoT

costared said:
I would have preferred to see players like Peterson, Dunne Rossiter and Wilson insread of some of those who will obviously not be at LFC next season. Also thought Phillips a bit of a surprise. I suspect those others I have mentioned will be very dissapointed.
None of those players you mentioned will play first team football next season, so they shouldn't be there.

I'm glad that Enrique is there, he could have a big role this season. Get him match fit and he'll will be like a new signing.
Not sure why he was so far down the list though???

Sound as a Pound

TIA Midfield General
liverpool_singh said:
He's a backup keeper who is happy to play that role. On low wages. Has stepped up on the rare occasion that he has been called to the first XI. Seems to be well liked in the dressing room. Why exactly would we be keen to get rid?
If he stays this coming season you will find out as he will be playing more games.
He is championship standard at best

Lizard said:
If he stays this coming season you will find out as he will be playing more games.
He is championship standard at best
He may play some League Cup games but I would trust him in that role. He is easily Championship standard and would probably start for some lower table PL teams as well.

nikz200

brad is a back up keeper, with Reina and Migs in the squad I'm sure he will get very limited playing time, but i like him in our back up role, is a nice guy with nice spirit and has a bond with the club. Maybe rodgers is still looking for that 2nd keeper, but i think its more important to focus on our weak areas in the left back. Still nice to see some players getting a call, adam phillips is a interesting choice....

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Jones is a really strong third choice keeper but weak as a second choice. As long as we either keep Reina or buy a decent second choice keeper we're fine. But letting Reina leave and not bringing in a new guy would be bad. Jones would be a bad 2nd and Ward a bad 3rd!

nikz200

Anfield rd Dreamer said:
Jones is a really strong third choice keeper but weak as a second choice. As long as we either keep Reina or buy a decent second choice keeper we're fine. But letting Reina leave and not bringing in a new guy would be bad. Jones would be a bad 2nd and Ward a bad 3rd!
Right now no one is meeting our valuation for Reina, or some of the clubs don't want to take on his wage bill. I feel keeping Reina is a good way to go, keeps the teams guessing and in some games he could be useful. I just hope Reina is out of his funk that he was in the season before the last one.

Mystryman01

Any plans to bring in another player into the squad now that Wisdom has offically gone on loan to West Brom

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Mystryman01 said:
Any plans to bring in another player into the squad now that Wisdom has offically gone on loan to West Brom
Think there's 25-26 outfield players in the tour squad, so probably no need for a replacement.

Celtic Dragon

TIA's Tusken Druid
Looks like we're bringing in Manquilla, he's a young Right Back, so maybe he's coming in in Wisdom's place.

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
Have You Seen This ????

this was taken at 11th street Bar, home of the NY supporters club he's my fav center back of the last decade (van dyk #2 form me)
this during Liverpool's Tour of the USA, July 2019. He also signed a scarf for me, #woohoo
Hyppia was 1 of 4 legends brought on tour ( VLADIMIR SMICER, PATRIK BERGER AND JASON McATEER )

http://instagr.am/p/B0Mkncqh_2W/

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
BOSS NIGHT NEW YORK CITY -ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ & AT 3:24 YNWA LIVERPOOL USA

bOSS NIGHT, held at Carragher's pub in New York City #NYC july 23rd, 2019, produced by #LFCTV FEATURING FOUR EX LIVERPOOL #LEGENDS AND JAMIE WEBSTER. DURING THE PRESEASON TOUR OF THE USA. THIS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE MATCH AT YANKEE STADIUM IN NEW YORK FUCKING CITY. WE ROCKED THE CITY, WE MADE IT RED, THIS MEANS MORE. EVEN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHY MADE AN APPEARANCE!
THE FOUR LEGENDS APPEARING WERE SAMMI HYPPIA, VLADIMIR SMICER, PATRIK BERGER AND JASON McATEER.
yOU'LL nEVER wALK aLONE AND aLLEZ aLLEZ aLLEZ. FEATURED IN THIS VIDEO.
@lfcphotos @lfc_ny @lfcnj @lfcatlanta @lfcusa @lfcsfbay @lfcvegasofficial @lfcboston @lfcmumbai

http://instagr.am/p/B0hPOdXha91/

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
BOSS NIGHT NEW YORK CITY -MO SALAH, MO SALAH, MO SALAH LIVERPOOL USA TOUR

bOSS NIGHT, held @CARRASNYC pub in New York City #NYC july 23rd, 2019, produced by @LFCTV FEATURING FOUR EX LIVERPOOL #LEGENDS AND JAMIE WEBSTER. DURING THE PRESEASON TOUR OF THE USA. THIS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE MATCH AT YANKEE STADIUM IN NEW YORK FUCKING CITY. WE ROCKED THE CITY, WE MADE IT RED, THIS MEANS MORE. EVEN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHY MADE AN APPEARANCE!
THE FOUR LEGENDS APPEARING WERE SAMMI HYPPIA, VLADIMIR SMICER, PATRIK BERGER AND JASON McATEER.

@lfcphotos @lfc_ny @lfcnj @lfcatlanta @lfcusa @lfcsfbay @lfcvegasofficial @lfcboston @lfcmumbai #BIGEARS #CHAMPIONSLEAGUE

YEAH FOLLOW ME BIATCHES
http://instagr.am/p/B0fQkqgB3Zo/

Darrel3000

Liverpool is my Religion
This thread showing as active with that thread title really confused me, I was wondering how/why we would be doing a US tour this summer of all summers! Then saw it was started in 2014!!!
MY BAD shoulde been more decriptive, I assumed everyone knew that we were in USA last summer...