Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
As all kinds of theories have emerged on this site recently, I thought we could open a thread were this gets discussed. Above all, it has the function of cleaning the other threads from this shite from these discussions.

I for one am honestly flabbergasted about the numbers of people on here who seriously believe that there is a vast conspiracy against us in order to prevent us from winning the title... :eh?:

I can imagine Man Cheaty or other clubs, especially those trying to escape relegation, attempting to gain any advantage, by any means. I don't believe it myself, but I can accept arguments being made for corrupted refs here or there, why not... it has happened in other leagues before, and English football certainly isn't immune to that, especially with the vast amounts of money involved.

But to seriously argue that a vast net consisting of FA and Premier League officials, of the whole ref corps and even of other clubs, is conspiring against us, is really as ridiculous as it gets imo.

Anyway, discuss, and only in here please! ;-)

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
Granny had a great word. Codswallop. I’d prefix that with “A fucking great big pile of...”

Like the moon landings were fake and the twin towers were blown up, some can’t help go with utterly illogical conspiracy theories.

Rambler

Second is one step away from triumph.
I think you're missing the point of this thread.
I realise it is designed to limit the conspiracy bol....cks to just one thread but we all know that won't happen. I appreciate the good intentions behind it

Next dodgy decision against us or in City's favour and let's see what happens...there are just 3 or 4 posters who promote this rubbish with multiple posts across many threads. This won't stop them unless there are consequences.

I just think a thread with that title opens us up to ridicule from rival fans. Just reinforces the stereotype.

Last edited:

Commando

As said previously, refs need to explain decisions or stop all interviews from managers, players etc. No more post match or pre match pressers. Refs get off Scot free at the moment while managers get a mic shoved in their face while still upset about in game incidents and as a consequence say something that gets them into trouble. I’d be interested to know just what Mike Dean said to Pochettino to get him so angry. But we won’t find out because refs are protected by the no interview clause.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Granny had a great word. Codswallop. I’d prefix that with “A fucking great big pile of...”

Like the moon landings were fake and the twin towers were blown up, some can’t help go with utterly illogical conspiracy theories.
Your two examples look more likely than a conspiracy against LFC though... lol

Dane

NEXT!
No...embarrassing............
The only embarrassing thing is the tabloid style thread title.

I'm fairly certain no-one actually believes that any of the games governing bodies have somehow managed to co-ordinate a directive ordering match day officials to fuck us over.

But there have been and will continue to be examples of officiating blunders, which could easily be construed as blatant bias against us and other examples of officiating blunders which could easily be construed as blatant bias for other teams.

But well done for providing a sensationalist title to allow people who have concerns on these issues to be further ridiculed.

sms1986

But there have been and will continue to be examples of officiating blunders, which could easily be construed as blatant bias against us and other examples of officiating blunders which could easily be construed as blatant bias for other teams.
Every team's fans can say that.

sms1986

You are continuing this. You are the one throwing the term "conspiracy theorists " into a lot of threads, to make you sound superior, the realist. You dont agree with people who recognise the biases that exist, but you are not happy to leave it at that, you throw in the underhand jibe whenever you can, in whatever thread you choose. Then you act offended when you get challenged on your jibes.
To be clear, I believe bias exists in football. And it is pointedly against Liverpool at present. Dont agree with me, I really dont care. But dont throw out your superior jibes and not expect an answer.
I agree that bias exists in football, but I also believe that it exists against many other clubs too, as well as for Liverpool and for many other clubs.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
I read other Liverpool forums and I never see the same level of discussion about organised conspiracies as I do on here. It's become very much a TIA thing, an obsession with a handful of posters, and it undermines the credibility and enjoyment of the forum to see it discussed in every single thread. I'm not keen on the thread title but I appreciate the intent.

Dane

NEXT!
I read other Liverpool forums and I never see the same level of discussion about organised conspiracies as I do on here. It's become very much a TIA thing, an obsession with a handful of posters, and it undermines the credibility and enjoyment of the forum to see it discussed in every single thread. I'm not keen on the thread title but I appreciate the intent.
I'm fairly sure no-one really goes along with that narrative, and I haven't read so in any of the recent discussions.

What doesn't help this kind of discussion are posts suggesting some kind of punishment to posters discussing it, and posters who've complained about the amount of discussion, then pulling quotes from elsewhere on the forum into this thread.
Clearly reveling in stoking the coals.

sms1986

RAWK has a few posters with similar views, although it's a larger forum.

sms1986

I'm fairly sure no-one really goes along with that narrative, and I haven't read so in any of the recent discussions.

What doesn't help this kind of discussion are posts suggesting some kind of punishment to posters discussing it, and posters who've complained about the amount of discussion, then pulling quotes from elsewhere on the forum into this thread.
Clearly reveling in stoking the coals.
I replied to him in this thread so that I didn't derail the Man City thread further.

Status
Not open for further replies.