• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Every single friend, relative and neighbour of theirs agrees with them?
I think you completely missed the point. The opinions of those around you influence you. Whether you want it or not. You may try and over compensate or try and ignore it. But it's helped to form your point of reference. It's why a player that's been given a reputation for diving stops getting calls in his favour. Referees are only human. Even if trying to make the right decisions they will still be influenced on what they have seen, heard and believe going into the game.

sms1986

I think you completely missed the point. The opinions of those around you influence you. Whether you want it or not. You may try and over compensate or try and ignore it. But it's helped to form your point of reference. It's why a player that's been given a reputation for diving stops getting calls in his favour. Referees are only human. Even if trying to make the right decisions they will still be influenced on what they have seen, heard and believe going into the game.
I don't disagree with that, of course they will be influenced by others.

sms1986

In which case they won’t be doing their job properly. Part of their remit is to be objective; if they are incapable of doing so, they shouldn’t be there.
English referees are poorly trained, they don't seem to have a lot of objectivity. I've said before that they are incompetent.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
In which case they won’t be doing their job properly. Part of their remit is to be objective; if they are incapable of doing so, they shouldn’t be there.
Do you understand how unconscious bias works? I'll give you a clue on it unless you really look out for it you are unaware you are displaying it. Otherwise it's conscious bias. These are human beings not machines. Their past experiences shape their perspective. Their perspective is what they use to make decisions to the best of their ability. I've never argued for a conspiracy. I've only ever argued that we get a rougher end of the stick than a club our size would traditionally get. The way we have been portrayed for 30 plus years is a big part of that.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I think it's a little bit embarrassing to keep going on about conspiracies.

It's also a little bit naive to assume there is no possibility it is corruption.

My take.
The thing that's annoying is I don't think anyone on here is claiming there are conspiracies. Not that I've seen. Just a lot of people not reading or understanding the viewpoints of others and then mocking those view points as "conspiracy theories"!

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
The thing that's annoying is I don't think anyone on here is claiming there are conspiracies. Not that I've seen. Just a lot of people not reading or understanding the viewpoints of others and then mocking those view points as "conspiracy theories"!
Poor use of language then, I was just using the word for brevity. You know what I mean.

jaffod

Heysel was caused by football hooligans who happened to be Liverpool fans, it wasn't the fault of the club and was likely going to happen anyway due to the poor state that the stadium was in.
I've read this thread with interest and was determined to stay out of it but I'm not letting this go.

Are you absolving Juventus supporters of any blame?

Are you aware of events leading up to the tragedy, both on the night and in a wider context with regards to what happened in Rome a year earlier?

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
I've read this thread with interest and was determined to stay out of it but I'm not letting this go.

Are you aware of events leading up to the tragedy, both on the night and in a wider context with regards to what happened in Rome a year earlier?

regardless of the events leading up to the tragedy, both on the night, and the previous year in Rome,
39 Juventus fans did not deserve to lose their lives in the Heysel Stadium.

It is a very dark day in the history of Liverpool Football Club,

Shame on you for trying to justify it....

jaffod

regardless of the events leading up to the tragedy, both on the night, and the previous year in Rome,

Who's trying to justify it?

I'm asking the poster if he's absolving Juventus fans of any blame, which he appears to be doing.

Shame on you for twisting my words.

Kopstar

★★★★★★

He wasn’t.

I think it's a subject best left for another thread.

sms1986

Admittedly I don't know a lot about Heysel, but I certainly wasn't absolving Juventus fans of any blame.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Admittedly I don't know a lot about Heysel, but I certainly wasn't absolving Juventus fans of any blame.
Then you should not be blaming one side of the fence only. Which is why your post is being picked up.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
I think it's a little bit embarrassing to keep going on about conspiracies.

It's also a little bit naive to assume there is no possibility it is corruption.

My take.
To be fair, it only appears to be the same 2 people banging on about conspiracies now, and they're both arguing against it.

Regarding corruption, it's very possible that a few of our referees go beyond incompetence and fall into the corrupt bracket.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
To be fair, it only appears to be the same 2 people banging on about conspiracies now, and they're both arguing against it.

Regarding corruption, it's very possible that a few of our referees go beyond incompetence and fall into the corrupt bracket.
So if there is more than one ref then you are implying there is a conspiracy

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
So if there is more than one ref then you are implying there is a conspiracy
Do you even know the meaning of conspiracy or conspiring?
You're either a bit dim, or being purposely obtuse.

Dont bother quoting me again, as I wont be responding.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
So we had two blatant, match crucial, decisions ignored by the incompetent, or shall we say it as it is cynical ref in City's game in a cup that supposely have VAR but in a ground that didn't and even Pep questioned it post match :think:

I can't help think that all these wrong calls are really done on purpose from FA and certain referee's side to gather as much support for VAR as possible to justify this shitty technology taking over next season. they even make these "missing" calls blatantly obvious so people will scream for VAR instead of questioning the refs. It's just a "coincidence" that these incidents always happens in City's games and always to their favor and as the season come to an end get more and more intense so people don't forget about it. I'll bet that the main topic this summer is gonna be all about VAR and how wonderful it's gonna be next season with it.

That red card incident in utd game was a farce and just proves how useless and time wasting this technology really is. I mean are we just gonna ignore that VAR is gonna be controlled by just as incompetent refs behind the scenes as the ones we see on the pitch. It's like Rodgers vs committee just with refs, idiotic! VAR is gonna ruin football and WILL get kicked out in due time too I'll reckon.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
So we had two blatant, match crucial, decisions ignored by the incompetent, or shall we say it as it is cynical ref in City's game in a cup that supposely have VAR but in a ground that didn't and even Pep questioned it post match :think:

I can't help think that all these wrong calls are really done on purpose from FA and certain referee's side to gather as much support for VAR as possible to justify this shitty technology taking over next season. they even make these "missing" calls blatantly obvious so people will scream for VAR instead of questioning the refs. It's just a "coincidence" that these incidents always happens in City's games and always to their favor and as the season come to an end get more and more intense so people don't forget about it. I'll bet that the main topic this summer is gonna be all about VAR and how wonderful it's gonna be next season with it.

That red card incident in utd game was a farce and just proves how useless and time wasting this technology really is. I mean are we just gonna ignore that VAR is gonna be controlled by just as incompetent refs behind the scenes as the ones we see on the pitch. It's like Rodgers vs committee just with refs, idiotic! VAR is gonna ruin football and WILL get kicked out in due time too I'll reckon.
It's not a stretch of opinion, that given the massive media hype, certain ** 'individuals' would secretly love to help City do the unprecedented quadruple.

** Meaning they're not conspiring, for those who dont know what conspiring actually means.

Status
Not open for further replies.