• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
So, you prefer our players to believe that everyone is against them, and to start pitying themselves, instead of focussing on their own qualities? I hope for for sure that Klopp won't start with this nonsense!
When Ferguson and Mourinho created that siege mentality none of their players were "putying" themselves. They galvanised and got on with winning. Us and them. It works.
Klopp can show, if he decides to, how this season City have been handed decision after dodgy decision ( 2 yesterday in the FA Cup).
The players will respond. Maybe they already are.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
So if there is such a big conspiracy/bias to stop us wining the league why did the ref give that penalty ? He waves play on and city probably win the league. @Quicksand, @Dane please explain how this fits with your theory. I’ll wait.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
So if there is such a big conspiracy/bias to stop us wining the league why did the ref give that penalty ? He waves play on and city probably win the league. @Quicksand, @Dane please explain how this fits with your theory. I’ll wait.
Already been answered this one.

This thread is going around in circles.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Ah come on....
It was a cast iron penalty. Read my posts and Danes posts and you will see we speak about bias, not conspiracy.
That was a penalty.
We go top of the league and you celebrate by being a complete bollox

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Ah come on....
It was a cast iron penalty. Read my posts and Danes posts and you will see we speak about bias, not conspiracy.
That was a penalty.
No personal abuse towards another poster please. This is the last warning before you start getting points if you continue.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
So apparently now all of the keepers are now Liverpool fans and throwing games to ensure we win the league.

At least if you believe the tinfoilers on bluemoon that seems to be the case

RedBaron

Curse you RedBaron!!!!
No conspiracy, just poor decisions.
Anyone watching Millwall x Brighton today would think the ref had a season ticket in the Cold Blow stand, plus decisions against Swansea’s last night were a joke.
So many cameras, so many pundits .... no ones perfect, shit happens.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Ah come on....
That was a penalty.
No Dane speaks of some corrupt referees which infers that its a few refs who are conspiring against us. I can go back and find that post if you want . Not having a go at you over that BTW.
Pointless thread at this stage. We are top of the league ffs so let's enjoy it

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Really?
We've just gone top of the league, and minutes later the first place you make a bee line for is here to make a lame attempt at point scoring. Were the players even off the pitch when you started typing?

It was blatant, just a bit more blatant than the one against Gini which was not given.

Last edited:

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
lol so they are just individually and deliberately trying to knoble our title bid without conspiring with each other
lol
Maybe just read back, have a look at the genesis of the biases that will mitigate against our progress, without the standard jaundiced SKY media fuelled view.
No one on this side of the debate is using terms like conspiracy, that particular word is being used as a put down or as an attempt to reduce the argument to comedy. Tin foil hats, conspiracy theorists, all grossly exaggerated and tiresome terminology used to score points.

The question was asked at the end of the Fulham game as to why we got a penalty. The questions was posed to named forum members in an almost triumphant manner, seasoned with a nice dollop of "I told you so". Well, the answer is, it was a penalty. Simple as.

Incidentally, I rose to the bait. I was enjoying the relief of seeing OUR team go top when the question was posed in a provocative fashion and I stupidly took the bait.

There is no "conspiracy" to stop us winning the league. Please, please understand..........
This is not my, or the majority of people on this sides of the debates argument. Should we win the league however, it will be in the face if the biases the club faces. Biases that are stoked by the media, driven by the Murdoch and establishment agenda. Read the history, please. Look at the decisions City are getting. Look at how they beat Swansea in the cup. Tell me honestly that their quadruple attempt is not being aided by minor but ultimatley important decisions.

I genuinely dont care what you believe. I do care about your need to somehow use terminology that doesnt fit to win the debate.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
lol so they are just individually and deliberately trying to knoble our title bid without conspiring with each other
lol
If you bribe a traffic warden to get out of a parking ticket and someone else bribes a traffic cop to get out of a speeding ticket do you think they're both conspiring despite never meeting each other? Or in that circumstance do you concede that they are individual, stand-alone, cases of corruption?

You're trying to twist what Dane has (reasonably) said and his meaning into something he hasn't said or meant. All so you can then take the piss out of him for being a conspiracy theorist. You're practically the only person in here still debating if there is a conspiracy or not. It's coming across as trolling at this stage.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I DON’T LIKE ‘EM PUTTIN’ CHEMICALS IN THE WATER THAT TURN THE FRICKEN’ FROGS GAY!!!!
Wrong thread?

Maybe just read back, have a look at the genesis of the biases that will mitigate against our progress, without the standard jaundiced SKY media fuelled view.
No one on this side of the debate is using terms like conspiracy, that particular word is being used as a put down or as an attempt to reduce the argument to comedy. Tin foil hats, conspiracy theorists, all grossly exaggerated and tiresome terminology used to score points.

The question was asked at the end of the Fulham game as to why we got a penalty. The questions was posed to named forum members in an almost triumphant manner, seasoned with a nice dollop of "I told you so". Well, the answer is, it was a penalty. Simple as.

Incidentally, I rose to the bait. I was enjoying the relief of seeing OUR team go top when the question was posed in a provocative fashion and I stupidly took the bait.

There is no "conspiracy" to stop us winning the league. Please, please understand..........
This is not my, or the majority of people on this sides of the debates argument. Should we win the league however, it will be in the face if the biases the club faces. Biases that are stoked by the media, driven by the Murdoch and establishment agenda. Read the history, please. Look at the decisions City are getting. Look at how they beat Swansea in the cup. Tell me honestly that their quadruple attempt is not being aided by minor but ultimatley important decisions.

I genuinely dont care what you believe. I do care about your need to somehow use terminology that doesnt fit to win the debate.
There for me is the thing. More than one media outlet choose to look at the worst of our performances and highlight incidents to the point of obsession.
As @Quicksand has said it is the Murdoch media that is driving it. A large amount of our matches are shown live and incidents such as Sunday's penalty will be discussed/analysed by the match commentators and studio pundits immediately. There is bias against us IMO. How long did the debate/media campaign go on after Mo's Newcastle penalty incident on Boxing Day? Yet there have been lots of incidents involving other teams and players which have sometimes not even been mentioned in highlights programmes like MOTD.
Ideally, Jurgen could address this in one of his pressers but we all know how that worked out for Rafa.

sms1986

This is not my, or the majority of people on this sides of the debates argument. Should we win the league however, it will be in the face if the biases the club faces. Biases that are stoked by the media, driven by the Murdoch and establishment agenda. Read the history, please. Look at the decisions City are getting. Look at how they beat Swansea in the cup. Tell me honestly that their quadruple attempt is not being aided by minor but ultimately important decisions.
Doesn't this just show how subjective your view is, though? If we win it, you can just say we won it despite the biases and if we don't you can say the biases played a part.

This thread is just going to go around in circles.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I think we should call it a day on this thread. Nobody is providing any real quantifiable evidence apart from anecdotes or their own perceptions, I have lost track of what the counter argument is (conspiracy or corruption or simply bias) and now people are just posting abuse to fellow fans. I’m done here.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Doesn't this just show how subjective your view is, though? If we win it, you can just say we won it despite the biases and if we don't you can say the biases played a part.

This thread is just going to go around in circles.
I can get off the merry go round any time you like?
My view is considered, I have studied this and have reached conclusions based on the evidence that is staring us in the face. Do you think you are being objective,? You have now agreed to 'bias exists for all clubs'. Maybe step a bit further and see what I am seeing.

sms1986

I can get off the merry go round any time you like?
My view is considered, I have studied this and have reached conclusions based on the evidence that is staring us in the face. Do you think you are being objective,? You have now agreed to 'bias exists for all clubs'. Maybe step a bit further and see what I am seeing.
Why are you acting like this thread has convinced me that bias exists for all clubs when I've been arguing that since before the thread started? Do you believe that bias exists for all clubs?

I don't see the need to step a bit further, it's clear to me that biases exists for and against all clubs to varying degrees. We're always going to focus more on bias against our own club because that is the nature of football fans.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I think we should call it a day on this thread. Nobody is providing any real quantifiable evidence apart from anecdotes or their own perceptions, I have lost track of what the counter argument is (conspiracy or corruption or simply bias) and now people are just posting abuse to fellow fans. I’m done here.
I have quoted evidence of biases from the outset. You disagree and that is your right. It doesnt make me or you correct, but I have given rationales behind my views. You say the evidence is anecdotal, I think its plainly obvious. No more than I can provide harder evidence of bias, you cannot provide hard evidence that it doesnt exist.

I got a warning for my reaction to your post on Sunday. There has been no personal abuse in this thread since then. Its maybe robust debate, but there is no personal abuse.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Why are you acting like this thread has convinced me that bias exists for all clubs when I've been arguing that since before the thread started? Do you believe that bias exists for all clubs?

I don't see the need to step a bit further, it's clear to me that biases exists for and against all clubs to varying degrees. We're always going to focus more on bias against our own club because that is the nature of football fans.
This thread has not convinced you of anything. Except maybe to stop discussing yours and my views littering in other threads. Thats at least a positive

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Probably not, but has it convinced you of anything?
It has.
It has made me revisit my long held views on biases existing against LFC, and to further explore the rationale supporting my views. This, aligned to the increasing evidence of different standards being applied to Liverpool and the Oil Barons at City has copperfastened my position. Thank you for assisting me in this clarification. Sometimes an opposing opinion challenges ones own beliefs and either alters them or just makes them all the more convincing.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
In this wider debate about conspiracy, bias and unfair treatment, maybe we need to look a bit closer to home, especially when it comes to the media.

The media sustain themselves on driving clicks and turning that into ad revenue. Maybe a sure fire way to get clicks is to chat shit about LFC? Liverpool fans certainly seem very susceptible to rage sharing the latest bollocks that Stan Collymore has come out with, or a transfer rumour about Sadio Mane.

Status
Not open for further replies.