• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elessar

Klopp made fun of the many penalties in a row that we didn't get last season. I think it was 20+ in a row. Even Klopp clearly thought that wasn't only because of shit referees.

I think that a betting syndicate is behind it most of the times when a ref is bribed. Many billions at stake every week. A problem with VAR for example is that it will involve more referees and because of that it will be easier to fix a game. You can bribe the VAR referees. I am very sure that already have happened a few times. They decide most of the times if it worth looking if it is a pen or not or if it is offside or not.

Elessar

As already been mentioned. The players and managers is also a part of the problem. Only the captain and the players involved to talk to the referee but many times you see other players trying to influence the referee. Everyone of them should get a yellow or red card. Only then it will stop.

Both teams try to cheat almost every minute in every game. They try to get a throw in they know that they shouldn't get for example. That should also be a yellow or red card. The cheating must stop.

It isn't easy to be a ref when both teams a packed with a bunch of cheaters.

It is up to the referees to stop the cheating. It would be a massive amount of yellow cards the first couple of months but it would be a lot less pressure on the referees.

A lot more supporters should also be banned from the grounds when they abuse the referees.

The referees should also as already been mentioned be mic'd up. The conversations between the referees and VAR referees should also be made public after the game. The referees should also answer questions at a PC after the game.

Elessar

IMO Smart was bought that game but that don't mean that he is that every game. He could be fair 99 games of 100 but 99 games of 100 isn't enough.

That is also a reason to why every referee after the games should be forced to show all their bank accounts.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
This thread has now reached a new level of weirdness...... :shocked:.

I really must stop popping in here but it holds a strange fascination for me.

I sometimes feel like there are external dark forces drawing me back in.....

Last edited:

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
This thread has now reached a new level of weirdness...... :shocked:.

I really must stop popping in here but it holds a strange fascination for me.

I sometimes feel like there are external dark forces drawing me back in.....
It really is like a drug. At first it's a bit of a laugh, but soon it takes over and starts to consume your TIA perusal time. lol

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
There for me is the thing. More than one media outlet choose to look at the worst of our performances and highlight incidents to the point of obsession.
As @Quicksand has said it is the Murdoch media that is driving it. A large amount of our matches are shown live and incidents such as Sunday's penalty will be discussed/analysed by the match commentators and studio pundits immediately. There is bias against us IMO. How long did the debate/media campaign go on after Mo's Newcastle penalty incident on Boxing Day? Yet there have been lots of incidents involving other teams and players which have sometimes not even been mentioned in highlights programmes like MOTD.
Ideally, Jurgen could address this in one of his pressers but we all know how that worked out for Rafa.
But the BBC isn't Murdoch-owned, so are they really biased too? I don't think so to be honest. Some pundits are very clearly biased because they played for rival clubs, but then again, others are not.

No argument against the Murdoch-driven negative bias in all media he owns though. That's something which can't really be disputed, as it has history over the years, starting with the horrific post-Hillsborough reports, followed by the city-wide boycott of the rag which published them. Murdoch is an absolute scum of humanity anyway and the recent history of Liverpool stands for many things he has tried to combat by any means since ever.

Last edited:

bazza66

TIA Youth Team
Anyone up for this? At least it will prove it once and for all...................or will it?

Heliocentrism, the flat-earthers claim, is a widespread government conspiracy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6828041/Flat-Earthers-planning-trip-Antarctica-reach-end-world.html

You might also find some people on the trip that you feel you know already...
I'd love to go, but I'm sure someone will just get us lost on the way to the edge, and we'd all end up back in Santiago or Buenos Aires or wherever. That wouldn't prove it isn't flat though, you morons!

Commando

Ad-free Member
I thought that “flat earthers” were just a joke that was made up to reference conspiracy theorists. I have a nephew who actually believes that the earth is flat. :shocked:

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Klopp made fun of the many penalties in a row that we didn't get last season. I think it was 20+ in a row. Even Klopp clearly thought that wasn't only because of shit referees.

I think that a betting syndicate is behind it most of the times when a ref is bribed. Many billions at stake every week. A problem with VAR for example is that it will involve more referees and because of that it will be easier to fix a game. You can bribe the VAR referees. I am very sure that already have happened a few times. They decide most of the times if it worth looking if it is a pen or not or if it is offside or not.
The only real detection measure the PL uses is oriented towards betting patterns. One of the obvious criticisms there is that betting patterns already swing heavily in favour of the bigger clubs, so a calciopoli style scheme where big clubs bought themselves favourable calls would be virtually undetectable.

redaderry

I'll still always call it Londonderry. Even though it's longer to say. And doesn't really make any sense from a historical perspective, it'd still get me dirty looks in West Belfast, and that's what's most important here. Mixing it up a little, you know?
At the risk of the mods hitting me with their hammer for derailing the thread:
Very historically relevant - James 1st granted the city a royal charter in 1613 and the London name was prefixed when the Guilds of London funded the building of the city.
I really don't like the derry/londonderry tag commonly used in recent years. I prefer people to call it either Londonderry or Derry. The use of Londonderry doesn't offend me in the slightest. I also prefer someone who normally calls it Londonderry to continue to do so.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
I thought that “flat earthers” were just a joke that was made up to reference conspiracy theorists. I have a nephew who actually believes that the earth is flat. :shocked:
It's unfortunately a very real thing.

When I feel like being a prick, which is often, I sometimes ask Father SBYM about FTE.

He's an airline pilot and his reaction is usually quite amusing, for me at least.

SBYM

Ad-free Member

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
It's unfortunately a very real thing.

When I feel like being a prick, which is often, I sometimes ask Father SBYM about FTE.

He's an airline pilot and his reaction is usually quite amusing, for me at least.
My mum and step-father have strong religious beliefs and, imho anyway, have gone a bit nuts with it and deny evolution. It was when they started lecturing our kids about it (amongst other stuff I won't go into here) and saying the school is lying to them (they're 5 and 8, for context) that we cut off all childcare support from them. Which sucks as we really needed it.

SBYM

Ad-free Member
My mum and step-father have strong religious beliefs and, imho anyway, have gone a bit nuts with it and deny evolution. It was when they started lecturing our kids about it (amongst other stuff I won't go into here) and saying the school is lying to them (they're 5 and 8, for context) that we cut off all childcare support from them. Which sucks as we really needed it.
Damn. That is shithouse.

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
Damn. That is shithouse.
Yep. Makes it worse that he's a PhD and works in a scientific field. And I don't even want to go into the times we ended up having theological debates with a 4yo and 6yo (and when we complained to my mum about it they'd blame it on the school - funnily enough since we cut the sleepovers at grandma's house months back these became less and less frequent and now don't happen at all... strange...)

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Can you speak to them and be clear what they are and aren’t allowed to talk to the kids about?

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
Can you speak to them and be clear what they are and aren’t allowed to talk to the kids about?
Mate, if you only knew how many times we've had big family sit-downs to thrash out that very topic. Nods of agreement all round and then nothing changes. To be clear the religious stuff would never happen in front of us (though the evolution stuff did) and in the face of their strenuous denials all we have is our suspicions... but given what was being said the source was pretty fucking obvious. We've also made numerous ultimatums. In the end we just had to cut them off and try to arrange our work life around it. It's sad as instead of seeing their grandchildren once or twice a week now it's once every couple of months, but there just came the point we felt that was the only option.

I love my family, but it's pretty fucked up in some ways.

PeachesEnRegalia

No Offense, @Maria....
Mate, if you only knew how many times we've had big family sit-downs to thrash out that very topic. Nods of agreement all round and then nothing changes. To be clear the religious stuff would never happen in front of us (though the evolution stuff did) and in the face of their strenuous denials all we have is our suspicions... but given what was being said the source was pretty fucking obvious. We've also made numerous ultimatums. In the end we just had to cut them off and try to arrange our work life around it. It's sad as instead of seeing their grandchildren once or twice a week now it's once every couple of months, but there just came the point we felt that was the only option.

I love my family, but it's pretty fucked up in some ways.
I don’t knock people for religious beliefs, but there’s a point where religious dogma becomes the bane of rationality. You’re doing right by your kids, but it doesn’t make it suck any less.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
My siblings and their families are all strong Christians and I have realised over the years that evolution, abortion and sexual orientations are topics that are definitely best avoided when we meet up. I went to a service at one brother's church out of curiosity some years ago only to hear the pastor launch a diatribe against David Attenborough and his views on where we all came from............after all the bible says God created us in his own image ........:rolleyes:

PeachesEnRegalia

No Offense, @Maria....
My siblings and their families are all strong Christians and I have realised over the years that evolution, abortion and sexual orientations are topics that are definitely best avoided when we meet up. I went to a service at one brother's church out of curiosity some years ago only to hear the pastor launch a diatribe against David Attenborough and his views on where we all came from............after all the bible says God created us in his own image ........:rolleyes:
There’s a great Frank Zappa song called “dumb all over” that deals with the whole “God created us in His image” thing. Very amusing.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Appropriate quote; Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.