• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
There are a lot of evidence that some officials don't have the balls to make calls against darling of the league. It used to be Man United when they were at their pomp, and now it's City. And Mourinho in his Chelsea days getting the similar treatment. It's getting more and more blatant in recent years. Somehow we don't get to enjoy that benefit and I can tell you one other club that don't get the calls as much either even when they were really good, Arsenal.

So I don't know why we and the Gunners seemed to always get the wrong end of the stick. It is there, so let's not pretend there isn't and mock others about it.

sms1986

There are a lot of evidence that some officials don't have the balls to make calls against darling of the league. It used to be Man United when they were at their pomp, and now it's City. And Mourinho in his Chelsea days getting the similar treatment. It's getting more and more blatant in recent years. Somehow we don't get to enjoy that benefit and I can tell you one other club that don't get the calls as much either even when they were really good, Arsenal.

So I don't know why we and the Gunners seemed to always get the wrong end of the stick. It is there, so let's not pretend there isn't and mock others about it.
Nobody disagrees that there is bias, it’s just not organised bias against particular teams.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I'm fairly sure no-one really goes along with that narrative, and I haven't read so in any of the recent discussions.
There is a world of difference between people suggesting that refs won't give penalties at the Kop end because they don't want to appear as though they are influenced by the crowd and people who suggest they don't give them because there is a conspiracy against the club to prevent us from winning things. Maybe I've just been unlucky but I have seen plenty of posts suggesting the latter. It's a complete obsession with some posters. Been really bad for the last 18 months or so.

RAWK has a few posters with similar views, although it's a larger forum.
TIA is a small forum and that's one of the reasons I joined in the first place. Downside is that some posters who have very strong views on a particular subject can easily distort discussions by repeating those same arguments from one thread to the next, even when the thread is on an entirely different subject. I am sure a lot of posters have been lost because of this very thing and it must be putting new posters off. If you've got something interesting or amusing to say on LFC and want to join a forum are you seriously going to join one where every thread ends in the same discussion? It's a forum credibility issue.

sms1986

What's your point and what are you gaining out of this? You don't believe in people having different views from you?
My point is that if you don't believe it's organised, then you don't believe in the conspiracy theories, I thought that was pretty obvious.

Of course I believe in people having different views to me, otherwise I wouldn't post on a forum and expose myself to different views. That doesn't mean that I can't challenge those views.

Flobs

FADA
My point is that if you don't believe it's organised, then you don't believe in the conspiracy theories, I thought that was pretty obvious.

Of course I believe in people having different views to me, otherwise I wouldn't post on a forum and expose myself to different views. That doesn't mean that I can't challenge those views.
You don't need to be organised to conspire. :tongue:

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
Anyone noticed how our decline from dominance the last 30 years has coincided with the rise in Autism diagnoses? Which have also coincided with the rise in mandatory immunizations? Which has also coincided with China and India becoming major players on the global economic stage? Which has also coincided with the advent and subsequent rise of the World Wide Web?

Think about it.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I’d like to know why on Octonauts, whenever there is an animal too thick to understand Captain Barnacles and his crew are trying to help them, they always have a scouse accent.
That is just the version shown in the UK, too. We get a different voice.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
There is a world of difference between people suggesting that refs won't give penalties at the Kop end because they don't want to appear as though they are influenced by the crowd and people who suggest they don't give them because there is a conspiracy against the club to prevent us from winning things. Maybe I've just been unlucky but I have seen plenty of posts suggesting the latter. It's a complete obsession with some posters. Been really bad for the last 18 months or so.
Haven't really noticed more than an occasional inference to that end.
Those kind of descriptions have been leveled more by the people denying anything untoward goes on.
It then turned into a general piss take, reinforced by a couple of cringeworthy thread titles. (Yes the edited one is just as bad.)

TIA is a small forum and that's one of the reasons I joined in the first place. Downside is that some posters who have very strong views on a particular subject can easily distort discussions by repeating those same arguments from one thread to the next, even when the thread is on an entirely different subject. I am sure a lot of posters have been lost because of this very thing and it must be putting new posters off. If you've got something interesting or amusing to say on LFC and want to join a forum are you seriously going to join one where every thread ends in the same discussion? It's a forum credibility issue.
I doubt that very much.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Sterling's 1st offside goal against Watford and Burnleys first goal against us on the weekend,deffo refs out to stop us winning the league =P

I'll just close this thread door behind me lol*

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

The only evidence I see of that is weak mentally refs setting out their stall at Anfield to “not being swayed” by the Kop and thus ignoring blatant penalty appeals. Otherwise its not true and has nothing to do with our league position.

Its not corruption but weak men put in positions to make such pathetic ego lead decisions without repercussions.

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
Anyone noticed how our decline from dominance the last 30 years has coincided with the rise in Autism diagnoses? Which have also coincided with the rise in mandatory immunizations? Which has also coincided with China and India becoming major players on the global economic stage? Which has also coincided with the advent and subsequent rise of the World Wide Web?

Think about it.
You know, Egon, this reminds me of that time you tried to drill a hole through your head.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
This has been discussed in so many threads, so maybe its worthy of discussion seperatley.
I dont understand the need for the attempted comedic thread title(s). It undermines the arguments that can be made, and sets the tone of the discussion so that those arguing that bias against Liverpool exists are being mocked.
Maybe a title like "Does bias exist against LFC?" Would that be a bit more fair?

Anyway, my apologies for rising to the bait set by @sms1986 in the Man City Rivals thread. He was clearly looking for reaction with the conspiracy comments, and I reacted. But that thread was not the only one where baiting occurred. Maybe he thought he would have a wind up, bit of comedy gold?

Anyway
I dont believe there is a conspiracy at the highest level to stop us winning the league.
But.....bias exists against us and has done for a while now. Whether its overt or hidden, its there, and it is, in my view primarily down to the Murdoch influence in football, with SKY being an extension of his empire. Since his rag was hammered following their lies, his media influences had Liverpool in their sights. But the distaste for Liverpool went back a bit further. The European ban following Heysel had some clubs take the knives out for LFC. And that is probably engendered in their culture since. The ban hurt Liverpool more than the rest, but its still rankles with some clubs that they could have played in Europe but for LFC.
Then SKY invented football, resureccted Man Utd, and put LFC in their place. So all was well with the world.
Whenever LFC raised their heads something was flung at them. Rafa's rant haunted us. He told the truth but SKY made him look a bit foolish. Fergie called Suarez a diver. So he is a diver. The Evra situation, badly handled by the club but the word of a serial liar leads to a ban for Suarez? If it was Lampard or Terry in Suarez place the FA might have told Evra to fuck off, but the die had been cast for Suarez. One of the best players to grace the league was never loved by the media, despite his obvious brilliance. Why? Because Fergie said he was a cheat. And SKY agreed.

Research and stats from last season of an 18 point swing in favour of Man Utd against Liverpool due to incorrect decisions. The facts smugly derided by the same people who use stats to support other arguments? I was asked if Stoke had grounds for complaint, as they lost points to bad decisions. But this isn't a Stoke forum?
If the study had no empirical value, if it was handwritten on a cigarette packet you could expect a five or six point swing, but eighteen?? Explain that away.

To this season. City won their last two games with very dodgy decisions. Sterlings goal was offside. It wasnt a penalty in the previous game. 4 points accrued? Maybe not, but it went their way. Kompany should have been red carded vs Liverpool. But no. Then look at last Sunday at Liverpool. Burnleys goal? Was the linesman actually there? VVD was clattered on five occasions that I counted in aerial duels. No free kick no yellow cards. No penalty for a blatant hand ball. But they even out the rational amongst us reckon. No, they fucking dont. And yes we get the odd decision. Game changers? Dont think so.

And bias exists in Europe, where the likes of Real Madrid are allowed away murder. 2017 CL final, Ramos does not produce a urine sample. No problem, move on.
2018 CL Final Ramos assaults Salah. No problem. Move on. But maybe that didnt happen? We made it up.

Back to the PL....
The ongoing tedious debate on Salah 'diving'. Kane goes over like a drunk ballerina and its not mentioned. Salah is demonised by the sagely hacks and some former pros like Shearer that should know better.
Refs are analysed to the hilt and yet poor decisions concerning Liverpool are brushed over.

Bias exists because of agendas and influences. Calling people conspiracy theorists and making smug comments doesnt make the uncomfortable truth go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.