Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Well, yeah! They haven't come close to winning the league since then, have they?
No.
It's was Mourinho and is now Guardiola who the favours go to.

The media love a charismatic "breath of fresh air" type foreign manager coming in, cant get enough of them.
Benitez bucked their trend there didn't he?

sms1986

Well, yeah! They haven't come close to winning the league since then, have they?
Of course, although that's not just due to Ferguson leaving, it's also many of Ferguson's best players leaving plus the likes of Moyes.

I don't get why it's so difficult for some to understand that any advantage United got from Ferguson negatively affected other teams too, not just Liverpool. I have been agreeing that there is bias against Liverpool and for Liverpool the same way there is bias for and against every other team to varying degrees.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
He said what he believed he was witnessing in football and there's some truth to what he said seeing as United have declined since Ferguson left, but if he is correct, then it's not just Liverpool who were affected but every team in the Premier League. As I've said, bias affects all teams both positively and negatively to varying degrees,
So, some truth to what Rafa said? Brilliant. A man at the coalface of football bares his soul, whilst not contemplating the consequences, and all you can acknowledge is "some truth in what he said".

sms1986

So, some truth to what Rafa said? Brilliant. A man at the coalface of football bares his soul, whilst not contemplating the consequences, and all you can acknowledge is "some truth in what he said".
Are you actually going to respond to my post or just continue finding something petty to nitpick at? Should I have penned a multi-paragraph ode to Rafa or something?

[email protected]

Of course, although that's not just due to Ferguson leaving, it's also many of Ferguson's best players leaving plus the likes of Moyes.

I don't get why it's so difficult for some to understand that any advantage United got from Ferguson negatively affected other teams too, not just Liverpool. I have been agreeing that there is bias against Liverpool and for Liverpool the same way there is bias for and against every other team to varying degrees.
And the hundreds of millions spent and let's face it, still a damn good squad? Its not like they were suddenly skint and everybody over the hill.

sms1986

And the hundreds of millions spent and let's face it, still a damn good squad? Its not like they were suddenly skint and everybody over the hill.
Yeah, they're not completely out of it but they aren't the team they once were.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Are you actually going to respond to my post or just continue finding something petty to nitpick at? Should I have penned a multi-paragraph ode to Rafa or something?
Nit picking?
Your multiple questions to posts, questions that are already answered, that is nit picking.
I doubt you will pen a multi paragraph ode to Rafa, but you just might deign to appreciate the depth of his statement. He was not thinking of himself. He put himself at risk of ridicule, which followed, and sanction. Surely you must, as a Liverpool supporter understand what he was saying, and how it affected his team. Referees were biased towards Utd. And against Liverpool. Borne out later after Ferguson branded Suarez a diver. And borne out again when serial liar Evras word was taken over Suarez. I wouldnt ever condone racist commemts, but the only person who heard Suarez alleged comment was Evra. A fucking liar. And yet Suarez gets a hefty ban, to fuck up Liverpools season. As I said before if Evra had accused Terry or Lampard it would have been case dismissed.

Anyway........
Personally, unlike you, I dont give a flying fuck how other teams are affected. I care only about Liverpool. I dont need Blue Moon or Red Cafe to school me on football. I am only concerned with Liverpool. And biases exist against Liverpool. Moreso than any other city or club. Look at the local perspectives posted in here. Look at the series of posts from ARD. Look at the decisions City are getting, maybe without the nonsense of questioning Liverpools penalty against Fulham. Something no one else saw but was plucked as evidence to show positive bias for us, maybe from Blue Moon or some Spurs site.
Regarding your constant qustions.
The answers to all your questions are already in this thread. Read back and you will see them.
Its perpetuating an argument that you have attempted to shift the goalposts on several times. Your decimation of posts usually ends up with you agreeing to 90% of counter argument then chasing shadows like the famous Fulham penalty.
You dont agree what has been presented, and like a few others you take the default position of needing hard evidence. Well, I cannot supply that, but add all of the documented pieces in here and it is becoming increasingly evident that those biases exist.

sms1986

Surely you must, as a Liverpool supporter understand what he was saying, and how it affected his team. Referees were biased towards Utd. And against Liverpool. Borne out later after Ferguson branded Suarez a diver. And borne out again when serial liar Evras word was taken over Suarez. I wouldnt ever condone racist commemts, but the only person who heard Suarez alleged comment was Evra. A fucking liar. And yet Suarez gets a hefty ban, to fuck up Liverpools season.
I understand what he was saying, but my whole point has been that it affects other teams as well, it's not only us.

I wouldnt ever condone racist commemts, but the only person who heard Suarez alleged comment was Evra. A fucking liar. And yet Suarez gets a hefty ban, to fuck up Liverpools season.
He was found guilty of racism (he isn't a racist and wasn't being racist towards Evra), which in any case I would hope is punished severely. I don't believe it was done to fuck up our season, I believe it was done to show zero tolerance towards racism. I don't believe he should have been banned as I don't believe he was being racist (the word he used was used towards him as an affectionate nickname when he was a child), but he was. I bet he's not the first footballer to be banned for something he didn't do.

As I said before if Evra had accused Terry or Lampard it would have been case dismissed.
[/QUOTE]

How do you know for sure? This is just an assumption.

Anyway........
Personally, unlike you, I dont give a flying fuck how other teams are affected. I care only about Liverpool. I dont need Blue Moon or Red Cafe to school me on football. I am only concerned with Liverpool.
I don't personally care either, I'm using them to make a point.

And biases exist against Liverpool. Moreso than any other city or club. Look at the local perspectives posted in here. Look at the series of posts from ARD.
I agree biases exist against Liverpool as I have agreed many times in this thread, but I don't think Liverpool are biased against more so than any other club or city. A lot of the bias against the city is general anti-working class bias.

Look at the decisions City are getting, maybe without the nonsense of questioning Liverpools penalty against Fulham. Something no one else saw but was plucked as evidence to show positive bias for us, maybe from Blue Moon or some Spurs site.
You can also look at the decisions against them and the decisions for/against us, it's subjective.

I didn't question the penalty at all, I was saying it helped us win the game. We got a decision (that was correctly given) that affected and determined the outcome of the game. As you said earlier on in the thread - "Decisions we get dont effect outcomes. Decisions City get effect outcomes."

Its perpetuating an argument that you have attempted to shift the goalposts on several times. Your decimation of posts usually ends up with you agreeing to 90% of counter argument then chasing shadows like the famous Fulham penalty.
I already agreed on many things.

You dont agree what has been presented, and like a few others you take the default position of needing hard evidence. Well, I cannot supply that, but add all of the documented pieces in here and it is becoming increasingly evident that those biases exist.
I would say probably at least half of my posts in this thread state quite clearly that I agree those biases exist, you just don't agree with other parts of my argument.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Regarding Ferguson: I think he's not getting credit enough for what a great manager he was. We are in a Liverpool forum, so I'm aware that there will always be a lot of bile spouted against him (did it myself many times, haha), but still... the first reason he got so many titles was because he was the best in business, full stop. The one with the best eye for a good young player, the one with the most flexibility in tactics, the best motivator and also the best one to handle the media.

It's interesting btw that he named Klopp as his potential successor when the latter came to the PL, and that he was worried about that. Hopefully he'll be proven right! :well done:

sms1986

It's interesting btw that he named Klopp as his potential successor when the latter came to the PL, and that he was worried about that. Hopefully he'll be proven right! :well done:
From Klopp to Moyes! lol

He's certainly right to be worried, we'll be challenging for the title on a regular basis. By the time Klopp leaves I think we'll have a couple of titles.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Regarding Ferguson: I think he's not getting credit enough for what a great manager he was. We are in a Liverpool forum, so I'm aware that there will always be a lot of bile spouted against him (did it myself many times, haha), but still... the first reason he got so many titles was because he was the best in business, full stop. The one with the best eye for a good young player, the one with the most flexibility in tactics, the best motivator and also the best one to handle the media.

No doubt he was a great manager.
That fact doesn't detract from the massive cunt of a man he was/is.

It also doesn't negate that he bullied refs and governing bodies to his teams advantage

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I didn't question the penalty at all, I was saying it helped us win the game. We got a decision (that was correctly given) that affected and determined the outcome of the game.
Are you actually serious?? You are surely taking the piss now. You raised the penalty that Liverpool got, a totally fair decision, the only decision that could have been given, to show how we received a decision that affected a game??? That is the strenght of your argument, a penalty that no one is questioning, is given, and this proves that we are getting the same game changing decisions as City?? Have you even thought this through?

I think the game is up, you have argued and changed and dissected posts, and changed again and now you are running out of road. Its difficult to admit that the perfect equal world where everyone is getting the same level of shit simply doesn't exist.
@Anfield rd Dreamer and @Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend have posted articles and Liverpool FC and area history. This has been underpinned and supported by forum members who are not given to rashness and fantasy. And the microcosm of your argument is that a stonewall penalty that was given proves that Liverpool are receiving favourable bias as well.
Nothing can be said on this.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Regarding Ferguson: I think he's not getting credit enough for what a great manager he was. We are in a Liverpool forum, so I'm aware that there will always be a lot of bile spouted against him (did it myself many times, haha), but still... the first reason he got so many titles was because he was the best in business, full stop.
Where is he not getting credit? Just in here maybe. But in general he gets any amount of credit. Yes he was a great manager, but as Dane said he was a bully that officials and media bowed to.

Bob Paisley was a superb man and manager. He won a lot more than Sir Matt Busby, Sir Alf Ramsey or a lot of football's knights together. But no knighthood. From the wrong club maybe. Joe Fagan won European glory, but Sir Bobby Robson was more deserving of a knighthood. Wrong club for Joe maybe. It took a couple of decades for them to recognise the quality person Kenny Dalglish is. Funny that, piss poor treatment of a club that vrought more glory in Europe than any British team.

sms1986

Are you actually serious?? You are surely taking the piss now. You raised the penalty that Liverpool got, a totally fair decision, the only decision that could have been given, to show how we received a decision that affected a game??? That is the strenght of your argument, a penalty that no one is questioning, is given, and this proves that we are getting the same game changing decisions as City?? Have you even thought this through?
You can delete it from my post all you want, but the post you quoted actually reads - "I didn't question the penalty at all, I was saying it helped us win the game. We got a decision (that was correctly given) that affected and determined the outcome of the game. As you said earlier on in the thread - "Decisions we get dont effect outcomes. Decisions City get effect outcomes.""

It's only one example, that's true, but it clearly shows that we do get decisions that affect the outcome.

I think the game is up, you have argued and changed and dissected posts, and changed again and now you are running out of road. Its difficult to admit that the perfect equal world where everyone is getting the same level of shit simply doesn't exist.
I've not said that everyone gets the same level of shit. In fact, I've repeatedly said that clubs get shit in varying degrees.

@Anfield rd Dreamer and @Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend have posted articles and Liverpool FC and area history. This has been underpinned and supported by forum members who are not given to rashness and fantasy. And the microcosm of your argument is that a stonewall penalty that was given proves that Liverpool are receiving favourable bias as well.
Nothing can be said on this.
My point in mentioning the penalty was to show that decisions we do get do often affect the outcome.

Every decision that goes against us is not guaranteed to be due to bias. Sometimes it's incompetence and sometimes it's because the decision is correct.

sms1986

Where is he not getting credit? Just in here maybe. But in general he gets any amount of credit. Yes he was a great manager, but as Dane said he was a bully that officials and media bowed to.

Bob Paisley was a superb man and manager. He won a lot more than Sir Matt Busby, Sir Alf Ramsey or a lot of football's knights together. But no knighthood. From the wrong club maybe. Joe Fagan won European glory, but Sir Bobby Robson was more deserving of a knighthood. Wrong club for Joe maybe. It took a couple of decades for them to recognise the quality person Kenny Dalglish is. Funny that, piss poor treatment of a club that vrought more glory in Europe than any British team.
Paisley possibly refused a knighthood. I doubt he would have cared much about getting an award from the royals anyway.

Busby was a Liverpool player. Yes, he got the knighthood as the United manager, but he was a Red at one point.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

Yes I meant in here.

And yes the knighthood thing used to anger me too. Luckily, King Kenny's recent elevation made up a bit for this. Maybe this is a sign that we will be treated more fairly from now on. Let's have hope on this! :)

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
You can delete it from my post all you want, but the post you quoted actually reads - "I didn't question the penalty at all, I was saying it helped us win the game. We got a decision (that was correctly given) that affected and determined the outcome of the game. As you said earlier on in the thread - "Decisions we get dont effect outcomes. Decisions City get effect outcomes.""

It's only one example, that's true, but it clearly shows that we do get decisions that affect the outcome.

My point in mentioning the penalty was to show that decisions we do get do often affect the outcome.
The Fulham penalty was a penalty. No other decision was possible. Talk about clutching at non existant straws. City are after getting DUBIOUS decisions. We are not.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Paisley possibly refused a knighthood. I doubt he would have cared much about getting an award from the royals anyway.

Busby was a Liverpool player. Yes, he got the knighthood as the United manager, but he was a Red at one point.
Please stop. Busby got his knighthood for his work at Utd. And Bob Paisly refusing? Are you sure?

sms1986

The Fulham penalty was a penalty. No other decision was possible. Talk about clutching at non existant straws. City are after getting DUBIOUS decisions. We are not.
So to you, we've never had a dubious decision go our way?

sms1986

Please stop. Busby got his knighthood for his work at Utd. And Bob Paisly refusing? Are you sure?
I know he did, I said that. I'm just saying that he had links to us as well.

Maybe he did refuse it, why not?

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I know he did, I said that. I'm just saying that he had links to us as well.

Maybe he did refuse it, why not?
He was never bestowed a Knighthood. He won 3 European Cups. He was the greatest manager of his time. It is a disgrace that he was overlooked.

sms1986

Yes we have. Mistakes.
Much more against us. Much more.
Someone said I had very "all or nothing" views earlier on in the thread, but I think that applies more to you. You really believe that every single dubious decision that has gone our way was due to a mistake?

Every fanbase thinks they're the worst off.

Status
Not open for further replies.