• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Who knows what was going through Webb's mind though when it came to the second one. Like you I cannot remember a more blatant penalty that hasn't been given.
He’s already given one. He didn’t want to give another. Happened at Old Trafford as well. We got a couple of pens on that day (including a blatant dive) but the referee decided we’d had our share when Sturridge got taken down.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
I'm sure I read somewhere, that the year we did the treble, (you know the one that doesn't count because it was the League Cup and not the FA Cup), we have been closest in regards to games to winning the quadruple.
Exiting the FA Cup in the 4th round, 4 games short of the quadruple.

jaffod

Another thing that get´s on my nerves.

We get denied a blatant penalty. The score ends 0-0, lots of fans up in arms and some politically correct, I´m so unbiased, I´m level headed fan says ´´We shouldn´t need the refs help to get a result.´´ What utter nonsense. What´s the point of a ref if not to enforce the rules.
Ha ha I've had that argument on here in the past and it's fucking mental, like we should have to put in perfect performances to compensate for 'incompetent' referees and if we don't it's all our fault. Absolute madness.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Ha ha I've had that argument on here in the past and it's fucking mental, like we should have to put in perfect performances to compensate for 'incompetent' referees and if we don't it's all our fault. Absolute madness.
So let me be absolutely clear what you are saying. In a game played 5 years ago at Old Trafford, we were awarded 3 penalties in our favour but you are still saying that the referee was corrupt/bias against us and it’s “absolute madness” that the rest of us can’t see this. Have I understood ?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
So let me be absolutely clear what you are saying. In a game played 5 years ago at Old Trafford, we were awarded 3 penalties in our favour but you are still saying that the referee was corrupt/bias against us and it’s “absolute madness” that the rest of us can’t see this. Have I understood ?
God I hate how you try and make it all or nothing. Let me break it down for you.

Liverpool being correctly awarded penalties, no matter how many, does not show anything regarding bias one way or another.

Liverpool benefiting from the occasional incorrect decision does not show anything regarding bias one way or another.

Bias can only be inferred (and in the case of unconscious bias then without telepaths/empaths never proven) if the AMOUNT of incorrect decisions benefiting or hindering a team are outside of normal parameters.

Popping in here to point out every penalty Liverpool have ever been awarded proves nothing.

In the game in question we shouldn't have had one of the penalties awarded (simple human mistake) but there was at least 2 times after them that it was clear the referee wasn't even going to consider giving more fair or not.

epsomred

Ad-free Member
God I hate how you try and make it all or nothing. Let me break it down for you.

Liverpool being correctly awarded penalties, no matter how many, does not show anything regarding bias one way or another.

Liverpool benefiting from the occasional incorrect decision does not show anything regarding bias one way or another.

Bias can only be inferred (and in the case of unconscious bias then without telepaths/empaths never proven) if the AMOUNT of incorrect decisions benefiting or hindering a team are outside of normal parameters.

Popping in here to point out every penalty Liverpool have ever been awarded proves nothing.

In the game in question we shouldn't have had one of the penalties awarded (simple human mistake) but there was at least 2 times after them that it was clear the referee wasn't even going to consider giving more fair or not.
God how I hate it when you answer a question that was clearly addressed to somebody else.

Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend

W
God how I hate it when you answer a question that was clearly addressed to somebody else.
Who is this guy? You drip with arrogance. Jafford and I were talking in general, so no you didn't understand.

What are you doing in here with all the conspiracy trolls? I thought you were too busy ignoring us.

jaffod

It would appear not.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Yesterday at 8:22 PM

The fact you rushed in here to make that comment during a Champions League quarter final match says a lot about what means more to you.

While we were all watching an attempt on goal from Salah, you were furiously attempting to point score in here lol

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47857296

22'
Attempt missed. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) left footed shot from the centre of the box is close, but misses to the right.

Last edited:

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
This thread would be a lot better if you lads could somehow not be absolute arseholes to each other. Sort it out please.
Well the fact the whole thread was started with a complete lack of respect towards one side of the debate hasn't helped keep things civil in here.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Last night our Grandson Frankie stayed at ours. This morning he says to me "was the football good Grand". "Yeah" I replied. He said "we watched the other football". Mrs CDO is a Citeh fan. "They were singing a boring song". I says "was it Oh when the Spurs go marching in?", in my best funeral dirge singalong voice. He confirmed that it was. Even at six years of age he knows that their version of it is shite. lol

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Today he's wearing his 17/18 home shirt with Frankie and number 11 (for Mo his favourite player). He gets al three strips each year from either myself, his Dad or his Uncle Gary.
That. Is. Shit. Hot.

Commando

Ad-free Member
We'd better change the subject. We don't want to be accused of hijacking the conspiracy thread with shirt chatter. lol

epsomred

Ad-free Member
We'd better change the subject. We don't want to be accused of hijacking the conspiracy thread with shirt chatter. lol
[/QUOTE
Actually if you are looking for evidence of conspiracies in the game and something to get angry about, football shirts are a much better place to start than referees. They cost less than £5 to make, the club recieve about £3 a shirt in royalties and the £40 plus left over is pure profit. That’s why mike Ashley is a billionaire and I’m not.

The conspiracy angle is the cartel of manufacturers and clubs that keep the price above £50 and don’t allow anybody else to make a cheaper version. There’s a good article here:

This doesn’t get discussed much though and the sports media keep us all focussed on arguments about diving, perceived bias and whether or not rich clubs have broken the fair play rules. It’s beer and circuses for us baying masses to debate whilst poor people get brainwashed into paying £50 for a kids shirt that they will grow out of in a year

We make a point of only ever buying fake shirts from the African blokes you see on the beach in Greece .

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
The £40 per shirt less the cost of the shirt deal is profit. How much are we looking for from our next shirt supplier? £60m per season? There's no direct profit from shirt sales until they've sold 1.5m shirts.

Let's say the club get £5 a shirt? We'd need to sell approximately 1.6m shirts before we could pay for 'free agent', Danny Ings. Or the total ticket revenue from nearly three Anfield sell-outs.

Our entire revenue from shirt sales alone couldn't cover the fees we pay agents.

Shirt sales? If you want to focus on costs to supporters that's piddling.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Read crazier theories on here than those..... I remember all the experts on the nuances of Uruguayan dialects that suddenly appeared on here a while back.
Tbf, there are regular posters who have a good grasp of Spanish and @Never Say Never lived in Uruguay for a few years. The nuances were also discussed in the FA proceedings and the subsequent written reasons cited testimony from two "experts" in rioplatense Spanish, iirc.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Read crazier theories on here than those..... I remember all the experts on the nuances of Uruguayan dialects that suddenly appeared on here a while back.
Guerrilla tactics
Run in
Drop comment
Run out

Status
Not open for further replies.