• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
I dont have a central point yet, but I think its a strange article in totality, whereas the main thrust of it is 12345 and other such bad passwords, and various other examples of bad passwords are mentioned, but the BBC deems it fit to attach a photo of Klopp and Henderson to the article, yet Liverpool are only mentioned as ONE example of using obvious passwords. Of all the photographs to be attached to this story, they choose Liverpool. I find that skewed. But I asked what is the signification of the article?
I don't sense any hint of conspiracy in the article. The article highlighted the fact that many people use passwords that are way too easy to crack. For example, the name of their local football team. "Liverpool" just so happened to be the most commonly used name; "Chelsea" came second.
Whoever was responsible for editing the article obviously wanted a picture to head the piece and decided that a picture of our manager and captain would be the most eye-catching.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Im not implying anything - I am asking what the signification is here, do you know what that means, or should I explain? I know what it means to me. Im asking what it means to others. So you dont see any contrivance/distortion in it then? Also should have qualified in my opening post, that its not covered in detail, rather than at all.
Rather than "AT ALL" emphasised in capital letters you mean? Yeah probably best not to give emphasis to something you later accept is a distortion.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Yeah don't think anything intentional regarding that article. Typically (as someone in a job with loads of passwords over loads of different systems and helping others set up there's) the word Liverpool with say a number and/or a symbol just fits a lot of rules with passwords. It's a nice easy one but is obvious so I can't remember ever using it. As far as why it's so popular (as well as being the right length and not fitting any structure such as abcd or qwerty) most people in Merseyside if using "where are you from" or "where were you born" would say Liverpool as opposed to Aintree unlike people in London who may say Fulham or something. Also only two major teams in the area so big chance of it being Liverpool too (despite what Everton have you believe there's still a closer to 50/50 split with fans in the city, not all reds are out of towners). Plus very strongly followed by others as opposed to casually supported like some other clubs. Picture wise it was probably just lazy as we were the most obvious thing from the article to use as a photo.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Yeah don't think anything intentional regarding that article. Typically (as someone in a job with loads of passwords over loads of different systems and helping others set up there's) the word Liverpool with say a number and/or a symbol just fits a lot of rules with passwords. It's a nice easy one but is obvious so I can't remember ever using it. As far as why it's so popular (as well as being the right length and not fitting any structure such as abcd or qwerty) most people in Merseyside if using "where are you from" or "where were you born" would say Liverpool as opposed to Aintree unlike people in London who may say Fulham or something. Also only two major teams in the area so big chance of it being Liverpool too (despite what Everton have you believe there's still a closer to 50/50 split with fans in the city, not all reds are out of towners). Plus very strongly followed by others as opposed to casually supported like some other clubs. Picture wise it was probably just lazy as we were the most obvious thing from the article to use as a photo.
Probably, or the author thought it would be read the most if it was attached with a LFC picture. There is a suggestion of LFC supporters being dumb tho, but its possibly overthinking. It could be used in that way however, as in LFC supporters are the least prudent in password security. Just wondered how it sat with everyone in the context of the wider issues. There was another one today in the Mail remembering how Arshavin destroyed our title hopes 10 years ago.

Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend

Now one last time. I will state my OPINION. It´s not backed up with any signed confessions nor have I conducted any scientific research. I haven´t written a thesis nor do I have any peer reviews. It´s all based on my life experiences, watching the game and seeing how Liverpool the city and club have been treated. It´s not a sob story and I don´t have a chip on my shoulder. It´s just an opinion.

Many people in this country dislike or hate Scousers, the city and LFC. Everton not so much because they´re pretty much irrelevant as a football team.
I think this hate or dislike results in bias against Scousers on an individual level, against the city and against the club.

I think the bias manifests itself on and off the pitch. The way the media, authorities, goverment etc has treated us and portrayed us has contributed to this.

I think it's it's bias, some think it happens to all teams. I think for example the Suárez case was a chance to do us over but others think other factors were in play.

Maybe if my city and it's people weren't demonised, maybe if I hadn't been called a liar by every Tom, Dick and Harry, maybe if it hadn't taken 30 years to get JFT96, maybe if Liverpool a capital of culture and along with Bristol the city with most historical listed buildings after London wasn' t painted as a hell hole, maybe if I'd never learnt about managed decline, maybe just maybe I could put it all down to coincidence.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I think in the last few days this thread has turned horribly toxic. Blatant lies, insults and now even implied threats of violence all being liked by the same handful of posters. I won’t be bothering to post here anymore but I think the mods may want to consider closing the thread. Really depressing to see fellow fans behave this way.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
But, but Stoke City got bad decisions, so you're therefore talking out of your arse.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I think in the last few days this thread has turned horribly toxic. Blatant lies, insults and now even implied threats of violence all being liked by the same handful of posters. I won’t be bothering to post here anymore but I think the mods may want to consider closing the thread. Really depressing to see fellow fans behave this way.
Where to start......
You are 100% out of order with this.
Point 1 You incorrectly called me a liar. You should be apologising for this instead of continuing with it. You are wrong. But you wont apologise so I wont demand it
Point 2 You insulted me ealier in the thread. So using insults as a reason to close the thread is a bit rich.
Point 3 The analogy of being in a pub was used. Its an analogy, and has often been quoted in here. Do you think we could be together in a pub? I dont. Implied threats of violence, dont think so. Its a figure of speech, no more no less. Over dramatising it is a bit twee.

You are the cause of the aggro on here. You, and a few others that cannot accept what a few "biasists' are saying. Ridicule didnt deter us so you demanded evidence. That was provided but you wanted more. Then you personally wanted all argument, diverse as it is packaged together.

Now you flit in and out like a love sick teenager demanding attention. And run to the mods for support because you cannot win the argument and your toys are being flung out of the pram.
If the thread closes it is because you and a few more are unwilling to accept our views. Thats fair enough, but its out of order to go nit picking, ridiculing and attempting to derail for the sake of it. And to say " I am out" every couple of pages only to return with more of your "questions" only to run again when the discussion heats up.
I wont do the dramatic hand wringong "I am done with you". Because its a forum and discussion should happen.

Going to watch the game, not curled up watching through my fingers though.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
I dont have a central point yet, but I think its a strange article in totality, whereas the main thrust of it is 12345 and other such bad passwords, and various other examples of bad passwords are mentioned, but the BBC deems it fit to attach a photo of Klopp and Henderson to the article, yet Liverpool are only mentioned as ONE example of using obvious passwords. Of all the photographs to be attached to this story, they choose Liverpool. I find that skewed. But I asked what is the signification of the article?
You see I take it as a huge compliment...Well done BBC..

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Last chance

I’ve just caught up on the last few pages of this, and what a fucking shitshow is. Grown men, who should know better, tearing strips off each other over something that barely matters.

This...

————————————————————
...is a line.

From this point, anyone inflaming, insulting, or baiting anyone else gets points, and if necessary bans. I’ve had enough.

Sort it out. No more warnings. If you can’t trust yourself to behave, then don’t take part.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Watching it live on Sky I've never seen a commentary team try harder to persuade an audience that a cast iron penalty due to blatant holding was somehow a dive. "Look at the way he's arching his back"! Yes Gary you tit that happens when you're moving forward but someone's arm is across your chest/throat. Literally at this stage the media in this country has everyone half convinced Salah is a diving, cheating, scumbag when that's such a blatant, cast iron penalty I just don't understand. Remember not that long ago when Lovren had the audacity to touch a player briefly on the back and "We'll it had to be given as a penalty" was what we were told? But Salah spends a fair few seconds being the victim of some Greco Roman wrestling and he went down too easy. But no media bias here obviously, just my imagination.

jaffod

Watching it live on Sky I've never seen a commentary team try harder to persuade an audience that a cast iron penalty due to blatant holding was somehow a dive. "Look at the way he's arching his back"! Yes Gary you tit that happens when you're moving forward but someone's arm is across your chest/throat. Literally at this stage the media in this country has everyone half convinced Salah is a diving, cheating, scumbag when that's such a blatant, cast iron penalty I just don't understand. Remember not that long ago when Lovren had the audacity to touch a player briefly on the back and "We'll it had to be given as a penalty" was what we were told? But Salah spends a fair few seconds being the victim of some Greco Roman wrestling and he went down too easy. But no media bias here obviously, just my imagination.
Neville sounds like he's suffering from depression. I'm not joking when I say that, he genuinely sounds like he's got problems.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Thing is,this isn't a media conspiracy against Mo being a diver,this is a die hard Manc,who just watched his team get it's arse handed to them on a plate by Everton,trying to find any little thing to make us look bad,while his team has turned to dogshit.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Thing is,this isn't a media conspiracy against Mo being a diver,this is a die hard Manc,who just watched his team get it's arse handed to them on a plate by Everton,trying to find any little thing to make us look bad,while his team has turned to dogshit.
No, this is going on a while now. MOTD, SKY all of them analyse every move Mo makes in the box, and accuse him of going down easily. Luiz fouled him last week. If that had been Silva it was a penalty. But refs know that their decisions on Salah will be criticised so they baulk at giving him anything. Atkinson had no choice today as MMA isnt allowed in the penalty area.

jaffod

The agenda against Salah is growing. Neville added to it today. If that foul was on Son or Silva SKY would be treating it as attempted murder. But the narrative is written on Mo. He is now a diver.
MOTD absolutely disgraceful. Keown in the studio must have called Salah a diver 3 or 4 times. Banging on about 'previous' and throwing himself to the floor. Then said it was a definite penalty. There's no bias though.

James H

"One word: Thundercougarfalconbird"
Ad-free Member
Jesus christ, so what if MOTD is biased? They cant stop us winning the league, neither can Sky, or any other pundits. I honestly admit that i sometimes find a bias in what pundits are saying, or engage in thoughts of conspiracy against LFC, but any serious conversation to be had in this thread has been destroyed by utter childishness and point scoring. I seriously doubt me and @Mascot88 agree on much but i agree with him that this thread is a shit show.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
No, this is going on a while now. MOTD, SKY all of them analyse every move Mo makes in the box, and accuse him of going down easily. Luiz fouled him last week. If that had been Silva it was a penalty. But refs know that their decisions on Salah will be criticised so they baulk at giving him anything. Atkinson had no choice today as MMA isnt allowed in the penalty area.

Yeah i know the previous remarks from Sky/Motd,problem Mo has,is when he stays on his feet and gets fouled but tries carrying on,nothing gets given,basically he's being penalised for being to honest,when Salah has got hands on him for that long today,he had to go down to get the penalty, i don't mean that in a cheating/diving way,he's being fouled in the box and untill he dropped,it was hard to see if the ref would have given it,if he stayed on his feet,thats been his issue for awhile now.

Anyone who's seen todays penalty,who truely believes what Neville said to be true and agree's,is just an LFC hater,who doesn't want us getting any decision that could benefit the team in winning a game or the league,Warnock gets a pass cos it was against his team and right after the game,he knew that was a foul on Salah in the box,by saying,it was a soft one,he had arms around him and gave him a chance, then tongue in cheek 9.9 tom daily remark,it was just sour grapes,not some media agenda to make Salah look like a cheat.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
The problem with Salah, and the growing narrative, is he sometimes actually does go down strangely. Whether that is because he's a player that is 'all legs' and of a shorter height, is probably too complicated for the opposing observer, and less convenient. Its all in the Outsider by Albert Camus, if anyone wants to read it or take the piss. The madding crowd.......................do this sort of thing. People are not honest, mostly. They are also not honest in the points they make, are they fishhead?

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Jesus christ, so what if MOTD is biased? They cant stop us winning the league, neither can Sky, or any other pundits.
They do influence referees though. Refs will be cognisant that anything given to Salah will accrue analyisis and criticism. That has potential impact on Liverpool.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Jesus christ, so what if MOTD is biased? They cant stop us winning the league, neither can Sky, or any other pundits. I honestly admit that i sometimes find a bias in what pundits are saying, or engage in thoughts of conspiracy against LFC, but any serious conversation to be had in this thread has been destroyed by utter childishness and point scoring. I seriously doubt me and @Mascot88 agree on much but i agree with him that this thread is a shit show.
Referees don't watch this stuff and remember countless experts/pundits saying Salah's a diver and then continue to referee penalty incidents involving Salah with complete objectivity?

Because whilst BBC and Sky can't directly stop us from winning the league they can certainly indirectly influence how crucial decisions involving our players might be interpreted to our disadvantage.

James H

Ad-free Member
They do influence referees though. Refs will be cognisant that anything given to Salah will accrue analyisis and criticism. That has potential impact on Liverpool.
The wind on any given saturday has an impact on Liverpool, your not blaming its bias vs Southampton.

James H

Ad-free Member
Referees don't watch this stuff and remember countless experts/pundits saying Salah's a diver and then continue to referee penalty incidents involving Salah with complete objectivity?

Because whilst BBC and Sky can't directly stop us from winning the league they can certainly indirectly influence how crucial decisions involving our players might be interpreted to our disadvantage.
You watch it has it influenced you?

Status
Not open for further replies.