Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sms1986

Regarding bias, there is no bias against Man City at present. In fact there is bias towards them, by the media, referees and now by the powers that be.
You could be wrong on this, City fans certainly seem to have a lot of examples in order to say that there is bias against them. You're welcome to see for yourselves on their forums or on social media although I know you most likely have no desire to do so.

After the Der Spiegal revelations an immediate enquiry should have taken place, and based on the evidence produced, serious sanctions should have been imposed. Liverpool (and other English clubs) were banned from Europe because of a minority of "fans" at Heysel. No excuses, no arguments.
City have flaunted financial rules that FFP enshrines. FA enquiry announced only after other Prem teams complain?
Thats bias on a grand scale.
Saying it exists against City is irrational.
And could only be turned that way by City (or United) supporters who would prefer to apocalypse to Liverpool winning the title.
Heysel involved the deaths of 39 people, far worse than any financial foul play. It was also at a time when football hooliganism in this country was far worse than it is now. It shouldn't be held against Liverpool in any way, but deaths far outweigh flaunting financial rules. I don't think it's proof of bias when one happened in 1985 and one in the 2010s.

Saying that, I hope City are heavily punished.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
[...]
Those who consider that bias against LFC exists have given examples. And loads of them. Keep refuting those claims of bias all you want, but look deeper and the evidence is there.
If you've already decided that you're correct, what point is there discussing it with you?

Regarding bias, there is no bias against Man City at present. In fact there is bias towards them, by the media, referees and now by the powers that be. After the Der Spiegal relevations an immediate enquiry should have taken place, and based on the evidence produced, serious sanctions should have been imposed. Liverpool (and other English clubs) were banned from Europe because of a minority of "fans" at Heysel. No excuses, no arguments. You accept responsibility and get on with it.
Liverpool did not orchestrate the horrific events in Heysel, but the club still paid the price.
City have flaunted financial rules that FFP enshrines. They orchestrated their finances to flaunt the rules in a derisory arrogant manner. Then, an FA enquiry announced only after other prem teams complain?
Thats bias on a grand scale.
[...]
Are you seriously conflating a situation that resulted in the loss of human life with City's current financial manipulations? And suggesting that because they are not being treated similarly that is evidence of systematic favor for City? Am I interpreting this correctly?

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Are you seriously conflating a situation that resulted in the loss of human life with City's current financial manipulations? And suggesting that because they are not being treated similarly that is evidence of systematic favor for City? Am I interpreting this correctly?
No I am not, and never intended to. Thats the honest truth.
What I am saying is clubs get punished for things directly outside their control, like crowd violence, and rightly so.

Clubs that engage in cheating behaviour within their control should be punished.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
No I am not, and never intended to. Thats the honest truth.
What I am saying is clubs get punished for things directly outside their control, like crowd violence, and rightly so.

Clubs that engage in cheating behaviour within their control should be punished.
It’s slightly more difficult though, as City have a world class squad of lawyers and administrators to stifle the process and hide any wrongdoing.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
It’s slightly more difficult though, as City have a world class squad of lawyers and administrators to stifle the process and hide any wrongdoing.
The FA, UEFA and FIFA have enough money to bury them. But you are correct. This is about money, in this instance. I dont think the referees etc are getting money, their agenda is fuelled by media. They dont want SKY demonising them.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
The FA, UEFA and FIFA have enough money to bury them. But you are correct. This is about money, in this instance. I dont think the referees etc are getting money, their agenda is fuelled by media. They dont want SKY demonising them.
The FA have nothing to do with FFP rules. The FA is investigating City for transfer violations, in a reasonably timely manner. Same with FIFA, nothing to do with FFP.

The Premier League and UEFA are both investigating City for FFP violations. UEFA had already sanctioned City for many of the violations in question, but Der Spiegel revealed that City had not been forthright, and that UEFA was not in an ideal position. Importantly, the evidence in question is 'tainted', although it appears absolutely solid, if UEFA is to make anything stick, they have to proceed fairly carefully. An immediate enquiry was not a real possibility, but the UEFA process began. FFP investigations have generally been matters that take more than a year even for straightforward ones, and in this case the main evidence came out in November. City is not going to face immediate consequences in this season.

RedForever2014

It is exactly that - the UK media analyses LFC decisions to such a degree that refs must feel it less hassle to make decisions that result in no such analysis.

Give a dodgy penalty to City and it receives zero attention. Don't give them the same penalty and all hell breaks loose.

Give a less than stonewall but still justifiable penalty to LFC and all hell breaks loose.

It's bound to have an impact.

The Manchester and London based/biased media definitely impacts refereeing decisions in this way.

The better quality of refereeing in European ties is perhaps because there is less media influence.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
So I think we divide into 4 groups on this

1. It’s all a big conspiracy by the FA. Refs are actually told to give decisions against us, possibly paid or coerced. I think only a very small minority believe this. They also believe lots of other weird shit.
2. Refs are biased against us because of the Sky agenda. Not an organised conspiracy but a definite observable bias. Probably more people believe this because they don’t like Sky. Most other fans think the same bias operates against their teams as well although their reasons are less clear. Every fan can remember a couple of dodgy decisions that clearly prove the bias.
3. City are FFP cheats and get away with it because the authorities won’t stand up to them and their expensive lawyers. Doesn’t mean there is a conspiracy against us just that it’s not a fair fight. Most people believe this.
4. It’s all completely fair. City are adhering to FFP and are winning purely on merit. Nobody believes this.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
So I think we divide into 4 groups on this

1. It’s all a big conspiracy by the FA. Refs are actually told to give decisions against us, possibly paid or coerced. I think only a very small minority believe this. They also believe lots of other weird shit.
2. Refs are biased against us because of the Sky agenda. Not an organised conspiracy but a definite observable bias. Probably more people believe this because they don’t like Sky. Most other fans think the same bias operates against their teams as well although their reasons are less clear. Every fan can remember a couple of dodgy decisions that clearly prove the bias.
3. City are FFP cheats and get away with it because the authorities won’t stand up to them and their expensive lawyers. Doesn’t mean there is a conspiracy against us just that it’s not a fair fight. Most people believe this.
4. It’s all completely fair. City are adhering to FFP and are winning purely on merit. Nobody believes this.
Group 1 doesnt really exist. Its a pigeon hole to push people in to, when their view makes some people uncomfortable.
Group 2 has more gravitas. SKY, and in general the Murdoch media have an agenda. And usit is against Liverpool. But thats obvious and being in denial of it is basically naive. There is plenty of evidence already written to support this, but its easier to deny it than accept that it could actually happen. Regarding other clubs feeling the same? Who cares? Is this a Liverpool forum?
Group 3 is spot on.
Group 4 doesnt exist. Ir if they do they are completley naive.

Dane

NEXT!
Meanwhile, over at RedCafe..........

We need a thread dedicated to everything that has gone Liverpool’s way this season. It’s unbelievable.
Between Goalies throwing the ball in their own nets, Dubious goals, Opposition injuries and this easy tie it would be some thread. If they don't manage to win anything this year with this amount of luck it will be the biggest bottle job ever.
lol

Anfield rd Dreamer

Just because two sets of people say the same thing doesn't mean they have to both be wrong or both be right. Certainly not with something as complicated as this.

My opinion with United fans is that they are spoilt. I still think more goes their way than the norm. But not as much as they're used to. To go from almost no contentious decisions going against them to the occasional one or two going agaibst them it'll seem like a big change for the worse.

Anfield rd Dreamer

To get to the Europa League final the other year we had to get past Dortmund and United. There's nobody even left in this year's competition that are at the level those two were at. Our two European finals have been against teams winning unprecedented 3 trophies on a bounce. We had both Napoli and fucking PSG in our group for Fowlers sake. But someone on here will probably use that someone has said this as evidence that if we say someone else has had an easy run of it (like City till now for instance) that it can't possibly be true because other people say the same about us. Logic obviously.

Commando

It's all to get their listeners to phone in or get click on their Twitter feed. That div can say whatever he likes. I'm not bothered about his opinion. I'll just take our Jurgen's opinion of the draw. His words matter to me more than some moron who's fishing on the radio for reactions.

Edited to add,

Just seen that @Bonus has said the same thing as me in the above post. Only more succinctly. :well done:

sms1986

But someone on here will probably use that someone has said this as evidence that if we say someone else has had an easy run of it (like City till now for instance) that it can't possibly be true because other people say the same about us. Logic obviously.
Actually, it's evidence that fans usually only see the bias against their own clubs more than that. We've not had an easy draw, I know friends who support other clubs including Everton who agree that we haven't.

Last edited:

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
He's a WUM, who is after attention
So I'm not getting wound up by him

Fuck him...
Sounds like you are a little wound up ...

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I know friends who support other clubs including Everton who agree that we haven't.
You have won the award for the most level headed FAN(atic) in here. Well done.... maybe should also asked if we deserved to be where we are right now?

sms1986

You have won the award for the most level headed FAN(atic) in here. Well done.... maybe should also asked if we deserved to be where we are right now?
I didn't ask them, they said so themselves. Personally I couldn't care less whether they think we deserve to be where we are right now or whether we had an easy draw or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.