• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Arse fans will soon be too busy making Emery out signs,give it a couple of weeks and they'll be back to bleating about their own team and will be very funny again.

sms1986

You couldn’t care less but still worth mentioning what they say to support your view?
That's indeed correct as I don't personally care what rival fans think of Liverpool. I don't care what they say on Blue Moon, but you can still see them moaning about bias against City.

sms1986

But you suggest that others read it to see that City fans believe their club gets treated badly as well? Are you a member on Blue Moon? Just intrigues me the amount of times you talk about that site.
That's a suggestion, you don't have to actually do it - it's like suggesting looking up something on Google to find more examples.

I don't join the forums of rival fans, I've been on some general football forums though. I use it as an example a lot because it's the main forum for our title rivals. You can see just as much whinging on RedCafe and other rival fan forums.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
That's indeed correct as I don't personally care what rival fans think of Liverpool. I don't care what they say on Blue Moon, but you can still see them moaning about bias against City.
But you still keep trotting out the line that because other clubs fans also have the opinion their club is victim of bias that our opinions are invalid.

I mean who knows if it's even a minority or majority with them or if it's based on any evidence or logic.

But you constantly ignore posters stated, logical, reasons as to why and how bias may have been created against us.

And the only reason why you seem to hold this stance is that (some) fans say the same about their own club.

It seems as long as they are able to mention one or two contentious decisions against them you are willing to answer any post in here (no matter how in depth or reasoned it might be) with "yeah but others fans opinions.... so everyone has it for and against them"!

I really don't know why their opinions matter more to you than ours?

sms1986

But you still keep trotting out the line that because other clubs fans also have the opinion their club is victim of bias that our opinions are invalid.

I mean who knows if it's even a minority or majority with them or if it's based on any evidence or logic.

But you constantly ignore posters stated, logical, reasons as to why and how bias may have been created against us.

And the only reason why you seem to hold this stance is that (some) fans say the same about their own club.

It seems as long as they are able to mention one or two contentious decisions against them you are willing to answer any post in here (no matter how in depth or reasoned it might be) with "yeah but others fans opinions.... so everyone has it for and against them"!

I really don't know why their opinions matter more to you than ours?
I'm hardly the only one who keeps repeating themselves in this thread.

As for repeating myself, I've said multiple times that I believe bias exists against our club, but because I also believe that every club has bias for and against it, you seem to ignore that.

Their opinions don't matter more than yours, my whole point is that it's easy for fans of one club to think they're the most biased against - therefore, it's useless to go around in circles but we still do for some reason.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Two rounds in a row too, we had a nice soft draw like Bayern in the Round of 16

7 March 2017Second legArsenal 1–5
(2–10 agg.)
Bayern MunichLondon, England

4 November 20154Bayern Munich 5–1 ArsenalMunich, Germany

11 March 2014Second legBayern Munich 1–1
(3–1 agg.)
ArsenalMunich, Germany

19 February 2013First legArsenal 1–3 Bayern MunichLondon, England

13 March 2013Second legBayern Munich 0–2
(3a – 3 agg.)
ArsenalMunich, Germany

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I'm hardly the only one who keeps repeating themselves in this thread.

As for repeating myself, I've said multiple times that I believe bias exists against our club, but because I also believe that every club has bias for and against it, you seem to ignore that.

Their opinions don't matter more than yours, my whole point is that it's easy for fans of one club to think they're the most biased against - therefore, it's useless to go around in circles but we still do for some reason.
No read what you are writing and understand what your meaning behind it is. You are saying that simply because those other fans have a contradictory opinion to our opinion we just go round and round without settling on making a decision. Reasons why bias has been created against Liverpool and LFC are ignored because some fans of other clubs (without any reasons why bias may have been created against them) like to whinge that they have it too. You're not exploring the validity of their opinions. Whether they have any evidence or justification whilst ignoring any evidence or justification on our side.

I'll put it another way to put it in to context for you. If we have a thread titled "Are LFC the best side on Merseyside" would you go on and state "Well I've seen opinions of other clubs to the contrary that they believe their club is the best side on Merseyside so therefore there is no point going round and round in circles"? Or would you just recognise their opinion as the bullshit it clearly Is?

Just because other clubs have some fans with an opinion doesn't mean they aren't talking out their fucking ass. But the reason we seem to go round and round in circles is it's the only response you seem to have. Heysel, the England wide European ban, Hillsborough with the anti establishment fight for the truth, Thatchers attempt to demonize the people of Liverpool, her attempt to have a managed decline of the city, the media's poisonous portrayal of LFC that became the nationally accepted stereotype.

The reasons LFC have for believing they are not viewed as dispassionately as other clubs are valid and extensive before even looking at the sporting reasons in the first place. They aren't things other clubs could possibly have similar reasons for bias to exist over.

sms1986

No read what you are writing and understand what your meaning behind it is.
Are you suggesting you understand my posts better than I do?

You are saying that simply because those other fans have a contradictory opinion to our opinion we just go round and round without settling on making a decision. Reasons why bias has been created against Liverpool and LFC are ignored because some fans of other clubs (without any reasons why bias may have been created against them) like to whinge that they have it too. You're not exploring the validity of their opinions. Whether they have any evidence or justification whilst ignoring any evidence or justification on our side.
But they could say the exact same thing but just replace "Liverpool and LFC" with the name of their club, that's my point. I'm not saying their opinions are more or less valid than yours, I'm saying that it's pointless to say we're the most biased against because it's subjective.

I'll put it another way to put it in to context for you. If we have a thread titled "Are LFC the best side on Merseyside" would you go on and state "Well I've seen opinions of other clubs to the contrary that they believe their club is the best side on Merseyside so therefore there is no point going round and round in circles"? Or would you just recognise their opinion as the bullshit it clearly Is?
You can objectively prove that we are the best side on Merseyside, though, you can't objectively prove that we are the only club biased against.

Just because other clubs have some fans with an opinion doesn't mean they aren't talking out their fucking ass.
And they could say the same about some of our fans, that's my point but you seem to be scandalised by me not just dismissing their opinions.

But the reason we seem to go round and round in circles is it's the only response you seem to have. Heysel, the England wide European ban, Hillsborough with the anti establishment fight for the truth, Thatchers attempt to demonize the people of Liverpool, her attempt to have a managed decline of the city, the media's poisonous portrayal of LFC that became the nationally accepted stereotype.
Heysel was caused by football hooligans who happened to be Liverpool fans, it wasn't the fault of the club and was likely going to happen anyway due to the poor state that the stadium was in.

Thatcher hated the North as a whole, she was viciously anti-working class.

I agree that some stereotypes of Liverpool fans/Liverpudlians are been caused by the media since Hillsborough.

The reasons LFC have for believing they are not viewed as dispassionately as other clubs are valid and extensive before even looking at the sporting reasons in the first place. They aren't things other clubs could possibly have similar reasons for bias to exist over.
That's true, but it doesn't mean that other clubs aren't biased against or that we don't have bias towards us. My opinion seems to be offensive to you in some way, but I'm not saying that we aren't biased against, just that there isn't some conspiracy against us and that we aren't the only ones biased against.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Bias cannot exist against everyone. Then it wouldn't be bias. In the case of Liverpool and City, when you look at decisions, reactions etc the bias is clearly against Liverpool.
One minute example....Bernardo Silva dives and gets a pen...."he felt contact".
Salah vs Newcastle, feels definite contact and is over analysed and demonised by media. Salah the diver becomes the narrative.
Minute example 2, Kompany on Salah: red card in any other situation. These are minor examples of how the bias is loaded against one team.
But your mates on Blue Moon will tell you otherwise.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Heysel was caused by football hooligans who happened to be Liverpool fans, it wasn't the fault of the club and was likely going to happen anyway due to the poor state that the stadium was in.
I think we are all abhorred by Heysel, and I am uncomfortable talking about it, but in the context of discussion you must recognise it.
No one denies that the club were not themselves at fault, we agree there
But the original point was the reaction to LFC regarding the consequences. The European ban bit into the pockets of other clubs, Everton included. I dont think the slate has ever been wiped clean to be honest.

No need for me to repeat myself, but the context is there. Deny it if you want but that doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

sms1986

Bias cannot exist against everyone. Then it wouldn't be bias. In the case of Liverpool and City, when you look at decisions, reactions etc the bias is clearly against Liverpool.
Salah vs Newcastle, feels definite contact and is over analysed and demonised by media. Salah the diver becomes the narrative.
Minute example 2, Kompany on Salah: red card in any other situation. These are minor examples of how the bias is loaded against one team.
Bias can exist against every club - why do you think some fans prefer certain referees over others? I'm not even saying that it's equally spread - we might be more biased against than City but less biased against than Huddersfield.

You know I'm going to mention it, so I will - they can also point to examples like that.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
You know I'm going to mention it, so I will - they can also point to examples like that.
And whilst you keep checking in on Blue Moon you will blithely ignore any argument or evidence, or any opinion that doesn't match yours on here.
Several attempts have been made in this thread to illustrate how biases against Liverpool the club and the supporters over the years, from Murdoch to Man City. But for you, for some strange logic the way to counter argue is that "The fans on Blue Moon say they are biased against as well"
Fair enough. No point in you and continuing to battle wills on this.
Maybe dont keep up with the smug "conspiracy theorist" barbs in other threads, then I wont react so much.

sms1986

And whilst you keep checking in on Blue Moon you will blithely ignore any argument or evidence, or any opinion that doesn't match yours on here.
If I was ignoring them, I wouldn't be responding to them. Also, I don't think my opinion is all that different to anyone elses in the thread - I agree that bias exists against us.

Several attempts have been made in this thread to illustrate how biases against Liverpool the club and the supporters over the years, from Murdoch to Man City.
As I've said, I agree that there is bias against us.

But for you, for some strange logic the way to counter argue is that "The fans on Blue Moon say they are biased against as well"
Fair enough. No point in you and continuing to battle wills on this.
I'm using them as an example, I could use any of the numerous rival fan forums or even just their opinions on social media in general as examples. The only thing we seem to disagree on is that I think bias exists against other teams as well whilst you don't believe that.

Maybe dont keep up with the smug "conspiracy theorist" barbs in other threads, then I wont react so much.
Have I even mentioned conspiracy theorists all that much since this thread started?

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
This thread is

There is no conspiracy against us or any other club. I can understand that we (as football supporters) think there is a bias against our club but the reality is there isn't one against us or any other club.
Yes there is corruption in the higher echelons of the football organisations but that is moreso just for monetary gain for individuals in giving out TV rights and fixing world Cup bids

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Allready dealt with. Read back. Inform yourself instead of the stupid face palm joke. Bias exists, bury your head all you like.
Do you really know how idiotic you sound. You are that meme. I'm not burying my head and am pretty open minded. So other clubs fans have no reason to say there is a bias against them because its only one ot two decision for them. I'm sure that it's more than one or two as far as they are concerned. Their conspiracies against are as valid to them as yours are to you and they deserve that face-palm meme too

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
I have watched quite a lot of City games this season and to be fair I reckon Sterling should have had quite a few blatant pens that were waved away.

I notice you also conveniently forget the VVD tackle that was identical to Kompany's and that should also have been a red..

I noticed the very large Bayern banners the other night. Of course, they also believe they are conspired against by UEFA. :rolleyes:

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Do you really know how idiotic you sound.
Because I dont agree with you? Resort to insult if you want. I have no answer to your post, we dont agree, fair enough. But your attempt at humour with the meme was plain stupid, and your insult in your response was uncalled for. You surely can express an opinion contrary to mine without trying to be a hard man.

Status
Not open for further replies.