• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Conspiracy? Bias? Dumb luck? Why do LFC get shit decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBYM

If you have something else to do, go and do it...
Ad-free Member
Do you really know how idiotic you sound. You are that meme. I'm not burying my head and am pretty open minded. So other clubs fans have no reason to say there is a bias against them because its only one ot two decision for them. I'm sure that it's more than one or two as far as they are concerned. Their conspiracies against are as valid to them as yours are to you and they deserve that face-palm meme too
Face-palms for everybody, imho...

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Because I dont agree with you? Resort to insult if you want. I have no answer to your post, we dont agree, fair enough. But your attempt at humour with the meme was plain stupid, and your insult in your response was uncalled for. You surely can express an opinion contrary to mine without trying to be a hard man.
Dude it's the interweb, we are all hard men here apart from @Scott Jones who is always too stoned to bother being hard

Tbf though, conspiracy theorists will always end up getting the piss taken out off them because their ideas are usually farfetched and are always just picking and choosing their facts to suit their agenda

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Dude it's the interweb, we are all hard men here apart from @Scott Jones who is always too stoned to bother being hard

Tbf though, conspiracy theorists will always end up getting the piss taken out off them because their ideas are usually farfetched and are always just picking and choosing their facts to suit their agenda
I am not a conspiracy theorist. And play the hard man if you like, dude, if it makes you feel good.
Keyboard warriors will always get the piss taken out if them.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I am not a conspiracy theorist. And play the hard man if you like, dude, if it makes you feel good.
Keyboard warriors will always get the piss taken out if them.
LOL where have I acted hard? Taking the piss out of someone because they think there is a conspiracy against our club isnt acting hard.
Surely acting the hard man would be threatening you?
Iook if it keeps you happy, I won't say mean things about your wacky conspiracies anymore and I'll take my hard man act to another thread

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
So did the Burnley defender who crocked Gomez...;-)

But I got the ball, ref.

Oh that's ok then. You are allowed to follow through in that case and leave something on him.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member

But I got the ball, ref.

Oh that's ok then. You are allowed to follow through in that case and leave something on him.
Intent is an important factor,the lunges are different one is towards the ball and one is wiping a player out,VVD is not a dirty player.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
LOL where have I acted hard? Taking the piss out of someone because they think there is a conspiracy against our club isnt acting hard.
Surely acting the hard man would be threatening you?
Iook if it keeps you happy, I won't say mean things about your wacky conspiracies anymore and I'll take my hard man act to another thread
Fair enough. You explained yourself well enough there. You haven't read or taken on board half the posts in the debate and have made up your mind anyway. Best thing when you dont agree or understand is to take the piss. Well done.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Intent is an important factor,the lunges are different one is towards the ball and one is wiping a player out,VVD is not a dirty player.
Nah just looked at both again. One did get the ball. One missed it by a smidgeon. Both are red cards.

Kompany is also not a dirty player and I don't believe there was intent. Just a reckless uncontrolled tackle as was VVD's. Both should have seen red. In both cases the referee chickened out.....no doubt for the same reasons.

I would have to conclude that you might be showing some bias when judging the two incidents :think:

Last edited:

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Fair enough. You explained yourself well enough there. You haven't read or taken on board half the posts in the debate and have made up your mind anyway. Best thing when you dont agree or understand is to take the piss. Well done.
Seriously though, I've heard these conspiracies for years. You aren't the first person to come up with this stuff but look ill refrain from taking the piss as you obviously take this stuff more serious that I though

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"

But I got the ball, ref.

Mertens wasn’t sidelined for months? So not as bad as it appeared to be?

Barnestormer

Left wing.
This thread is

There is no conspiracy against us or any other club. I can understand that we (as football supporters) think there is a bias against our club but the reality is there isn't one against us or any other club.
Yes there is corruption in the higher echelons of the football organisations but that is moreso just for monetary gain for individuals in giving out TV rights and fixing world Cup bids
Id guess also its likley some games have been influenced for betting scams here and there, but not serially.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Mertens wasn’t sidelined for months? So not as bad as it appeared to be?
Neither was Salah...come on Eddie. You know that the decision has to be made in an instant and not based on any future prognosis.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Been going on for years

Couldn’t see that same arrangement happening now, although it’s always fun to educate United “fans” about how their club only exists thanks to Liverpool.
So arsenal who are the only side to never get relegated from the top division should have got relegated(finished last) but didn't because once the league resumed in 1919 they expanded the amount of teams so nobody ended up getting relegated

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
So arsenal who are the only side to never get relegated from the top division should have got relegated(finished last) but didn't because once the league resumed in 1919 they expanded the amount of teams so nobody ended up getting relegated
I don’t mean to be rude but did you fail comprehension at school?

[email protected]

Nah just looked at both again. One did get the ball. One missed it by a smidgeon. Both are red cards.

Kompany is also not a dirty player and I don't believe there was intent. Just a reckless uncontrolled tackle as was VVD's. Both should have seen red. In both cases the referee chickened out.....no doubt for the same reasons.

I would have to conclude that you might be showing some bias when judging the two incidents :think:
Kompany's cynical reactions and comments prove otherwise. Also, very different context for the foul itself; Salah was through on goal with Kompany the last man whereas VVD was not. Dangerous play aside, even a ankle tap resulting in Salah being fouled should have been red without any question. The VVD one could have been, or not, opinions would have been split amongst our fans and experts alike thus the two incidents realistically cannot be compares.

Also, I believe the basis of the bias claims centres on the English outlook and not the European one as Liverpool as a city and a Club, weren't and aren't being vilified around Europe whereas, and this comes from an observer many, many miles away, the media narrative, the fan comments, fan sites and the like in England can constantly be seen putting the boot in or stereotyping the Club and its fans; 'Anyone but Liverpool, always the victim, luckiest club in existence, diving cheats, Suarez we know what you are, the City Kiev song, the Chelsea Gerrard song taken up by pretty much all sets of fans regardless of whether they're in the PL, whether we have a history with them or League fucking two and the same goes for 'sign on'. I could go on and you probably know I could. Its a trend and its noticeable and I believe it has created a bias against us; perhaps intentional in some cases or perhaps not. We get decisions in our favour. Of course we do. Just like petrol prices come down sometimes yet still go up over time. Getting a soft pen 2-0 up at Bournemouth can hardly be compared to Sterling being given offside at City, can it? By an large the decisions that have mattered have gone against us and to our rivals and no less a man than Rafa has said as much openly and honestly and guess what, he was mocked for the 'Rafa rant' that is now supposedly the definitive reason we lost out. What he said has by and large been forgotten by most football fans now just to be known as a rant thanks to the media.

Anyway, I admire your views and how level headed you are in your outlook on football rivalry and its quite nice not to see such tribalism every single time but nobody else seems to see us in the same way or even bothers to try.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Clearly not... at least at your school.
Not any school in Ireland tbh. You must have went to a very special school that teaches that
Languages group

English, French, German, Irish, Italian, Latin, Greek, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Russian, Classical Studies, Hebrew Studies

Science group

Applied Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Physics and Chemistry

Business studies group

Accounting, Business, Economics

Applied science group

Agricultural Science, Construction Studies, Engineering, Home Economics, Physics and Chemistry, Design and Communication Graphics, Technology, Computer Science, Physical Education

Social studies group

Art, Geography, History, Home Economics, Music, Politics and Society, Religious Education

In addition to these subjects, the State Examinations Commission will provide examinations in any of the recognised languages of the European Union, where the status of the applicant/candidate is seen as appropriate.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I'm not even a Scouser but being from Merseyside and having been around England I get mistaken for one a lot. I'm actually perplexed people don't agree of an undercurrent of hatred against Liverpool and LFC! Fostered by decades of political messages, stereotyping and media hate campaigns there's a reason why so few want to see us win the league. Sporting wise we should be every neutrals favourite pick. Charismatic, entertaining manager. Humble, hard working, positive role model players. Side tries to play exciting, entertaining football. Club living within it's financial means. Absolutely hated.

sms1986

If/when we win the league, people like that won’t be able to stand it and we’re going to be getting even better over the next few seasons so they can go fuck themselves, can’t they?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
If/when we win the league, people like that won’t be able to stand it and we’re going to be getting even better over the next few seasons so they can go fuck themselves, can’t they?

"People like that" are the friends, families and neighbours of the officials and figures of authority in this country.

Elessar

Kompany's cynical reactions and comments prove otherwise. Also, very different context for the foul itself; Salah was through on goal with Kompany the last man whereas VVD was not. Dangerous play aside, even a ankle tap resulting in Salah being fouled should have been red without any question. The VVD one could have been, or not, opinions would have been split amongst our fans and experts alike thus the two incidents realistically cannot be compares.

Also, I believe the basis of the bias claims centres on the English outlook and not the European one as Liverpool as a city and a Club, weren't and aren't being vilified around Europe whereas, and this comes from an observer many, many miles away, the media narrative, the fan comments, fan sites and the like in England can constantly be seen putting the boot in or stereotyping the Club and its fans; 'Anyone but Liverpool, always the victim, luckiest club in existence, diving cheats, Suarez we know what you are, the City Kiev song, the Chelsea Gerrard song taken up by pretty much all sets of fans regardless of whether they're in the PL, whether we have a history with them or League fucking two and the same goes for 'sign on'. I could go on and you probably know I could. Its a trend and its noticeable and I believe it has created a bias against us; perhaps intentional in some cases or perhaps not. We get decisions in our favour. Of course we do. Just like petrol prices come down sometimes yet still go up over time. Getting a soft pen 2-0 up at Bournemouth can hardly be compared to Sterling being given offside at City, can it? By an large the decisions that have mattered have gone against us and to our rivals and no less a man than Rafa has said as much openly and honestly and guess what, he was mocked for the 'Rafa rant' that is now supposedly the definitive reason we lost out. What he said has by and large been forgotten by most football fans now just to be known as a rant thanks to the media.

Anyway, I admire your views and how level headed you are in your outlook on football rivalry and its quite nice not to see such tribalism every single time but nobody else seems to see us in the same way or even bothers to try.
The problem is that what would have happened if Rafa presented the evidence he probably have. He would be the most hated man by some distance because he would get blamed by the media for destroying the PL and cost the league billions.

He would never get another job. He would risk his life if he presented any evidence. So many nutcases out there.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Rafa presented a really uncomfortable truth, and as you observe it was cruelly derided by the media, to reduce its meaning and render it into folklore as an angry rant.
Probably one of the most honourable and honest men that ever stood in the PL, to make those points took considerable nerve. The outcome was not favourable. And the content is largely ingnored. Shame, as he was being 100% honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.