• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Daniel Sturridge (FW) Chelsea FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
MR is talking sense at last ;)

P.S.: does he have much choice? I guess mac accepted the possibility that sturridge will be our player in 2 days.

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
I hear reports that Ba is asking for 3-4mil signing bonus on top of the 7.5 release. Financially, Sturridge is a much better bet. He is certain to be worth something in a couple years and has a chance to improve his value greatly.

Ba is 28 with bad knees. He may be better today, but in a couple years he is going to be worth as much as Joe Cole (i.e. Someone might be willing to take him if we pay 5mil toward his wages).

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Well, I am certainly not the greatest fan of Sturridge, but I would rather gamble 12 million (and reasonable wages) on him than 7.5 million (and high wages) on Ba ...
Mac I had to sit down when I read that! Seriously though dude I think you are bang on with that post mate.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
Mac I had to sit down when I read that! Seriously though dude I think you are bang on with that post mate.
At least Sturridge is 23 and has no serious injury concerns ... Ba is 27 and has a dodgy knee ... I still think that we could do much better than Sturridge for 12 million, but he is a better option than Ba ...

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
And if we could find a way to turn him into a Dutch national, MR will definitely like him

Daniel Van De Sturr

Just joking mate

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
At least Sturridge is 23 and has no serious injury concerns ... Ba is 27 and has a dodgy knee ... I still think that we could do much better than Sturridge for 12 million, but he is a better option than Ba ...
I agree 12mil is a lot tho pay for him when he cant hold down a place with the Chavs mate. Its the old English Players Cost More Scam.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Hey guys always look on the bright side of life, they forked out £50 million to buy the guy who was our top scorer the season before we are getting their top scorer from last season for only £12 million. Bargain ;-)

kopite1982

Well i think sturrige is a huge improvement on shelvey, however, id prefer to go for Ba as he's the clinical box finisher we need. Even better if we could get both. As for him being 28 , why does that matter? we need success now, and at 7.5m we'd be fools to let this slip away. If hes good enough for chelsea, he's certainly good enough for us. As for his injury, when was the last time he was injured? Exactly.

sturrige ba suarez

Well i think sturrige is a huge improvement on shelvey, however, id prefer to go for Ba as he's the clinical box finisher we need. Even better if we could get both. As for him being 28 , why does that matter? we need success now, and at 7.5m we'd be fools to let this slip away. If hes good enough for chelsea, he's certainly good enough for us. As for his injury, when was the last time he was injured? Exactly.

sturrige ba suarez
Why are you comparing Sturridge with Shelvey?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

sturrige ba suarez
Mac's point is that it isnt £7.5m we would be paying for him (i'm not even sure that figure applies to us as i heard the clause applied to CL teams only, perhaps someone can confirm this). There would also be the issue of the £3-4m signing on fee and his wages being at least 50% more, and possibly double that of Sturridge.Secondly, it is possible the injury is no longer an issue. However, it is interestign that even with his performances there has been little interest in signing him.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Secondly, it is possible the injury is no longer an issue. However, it is interestign that even with his performances there has been little interest in signing him.
If the reports about the cartilage in his knee are correct, it simply won't get better. It is no longer an injury but a condition. Chances are that it will be career-ending, just a question of when the bone on bone grinding or cumulative soft-tissue damage around it prevents him from playing.

*corballyred*

Thinking his ego will stop him being a good partner for Suarez. Not excited at all about this signing. Lad never lifts his head his awareness is very poor. 23 million for himself and borini 2 Chelsea rejects.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
I wouldn't be shocked to see us alter our attack slightly with 2 up top responsible for getting width aswell as being the highest up the pitch with Suarez playing the much discussed "false 9" position thru the middle. Sturridge and walcott would have been ideal, it looks like only Sturridge now. But my idea was:
Reina
Gj Skrtel Agger Enrique
Lucas.
Gerrard. Allen
Suarez
Sturridge. Walcott

OhYaBeauty

23 million for himself and borini 2 Chelsea rejects.
False. Borini is not a Chelsea reject. In fact, most of their fanbase was pretty angry that they let him slip away.

As for Sturridge, he offers exactly what we need on the right flank. Left footed, pacy, finishes well and can interchange positions. Is he a Chelsea reject? Sure. Are there classier options available (Lamela, Rodriguez)? Sure. But does Sturridge adress our squad's most basic need? Yep.

S

Sgt. Pepper

Liverpool are set to confirm the £12million capture of Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea tomorrow.

However, the paperwork won’t be completed in time for the striker to face Sunderland.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/01/01/joe-cole-set-for-liverpool-fc-exit-as-qpr-swoop-100252-32524196/#ixzz2GiMUgP9Z

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
why is that then?

paperwork?

what paperwork?why couldnt the office printer be printing out this paperwork in december?

is parry back at the club or something?

its like letting the kids wake up at 5am on christmas morning and telling them to wait until after lunch to open the pressies!

TFC

TIA Squad Member
The paperwork delay is hopefully on Chelsea end of the deal.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
why is that then?

paperwork?

what paperwork?why couldnt the office printer be printing out this paperwork in december?

is parry back at the club or something?

its like letting the kids wake up at 5am on christmas morning and telling them to wait until after lunch to open the pressies!
lol no FA offices open today to register transfers. Everybody in football seems to know its done but club have said wont announce anything till transfer is completed which will be tomorrow after the paperwork is done and he can be revealed before the Sunderland game.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
I think he should be given the 9 shirt but I dont think thats possible since Carroll started the season with us!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
According to the usual Twitter sources he will supposedly be getting Maxi's #17. May just be BS though.

mafiaman20

Midfield General
I think he should be given the 9 shirt but I dont think thats possible since Carroll started the season with us!
It shouldn't matter, squad numbers are re-submitted in January anyway. I think he'll maybe take 17 or 18 regardless.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Give him number 17. Wont mind even 18. Would be glad if he adopts the character trait of kuyt.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Hang that shirt up till someone scores goals for fun. Neither Borini nor Sturridge deserves it for now.
You say the same thing over and over. You're unhappy with Sturridge, Ince, etc. Obviously not big enough names for you. We think we should be signing proven amazing superstar players to lead us back to the glory days. Well we're building the right way with good owners and a good managers. This is how Tottenham built their team. Bale for 5M. Modric for 16.5M. VDV for 8M. Lennon for 1M. Walker 4.5M. Assou-Ekotu 3.5M. Sandro 8M. You want big names go support PSG or Man City.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
You say the same thing over and over. You're unhappy with Sturridge, Ince, etc. Obviously not big enough names for you. We think we should be signing proven amazing superstar players to lead us back to the glory days. Well we're building the right way with good owners and a good managers. This is how Tottenham built their team. Bale for 5M. Modric for 16.5M. VDV for 8M. Lennon for 1M. Walker 4.5M. Assou-Ekotu 3.5M. Sandro 8M. You want big names go support PSG or Man City.
Ok thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.