Daniel Sturridge (FW) Sevilla, Inter Milan, Southampton, West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limiescouse

What else is there? This is also an odd move for Sturridge, I would have expected him to pick Inter over West Brom. Maybe Pardew promised him a starting berth.... but yeah, all about the moolahs.
Inter have somewhat turned things around the pitch, but are still in a bit of disarray. They have churned through an ungodly number of players in the past 2 years and so it is not somewhere to go if you are looking to get your career back on track because the way they have dealt with high profile new signings means it's entirely possible he goes and never gets a game.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Only benefit I see in this ridiculous loan is us saving money on Sturridge's salary. Nothing else.

Include Coutinho and that's now 15 goals and 12 assists this season which we've got rid of during this transfer window without any replacement. Absolute madness with so much left to play for.
Making space on the wage bill for the big earner coming in?

Yes I know. I don't know why I'm doing it to myself.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
The fact that Klopp is willing to stick with Solanke and Ings, who have both failed to score so far this season, tells a lot. Yes, we do have someone like Salah (practically plays up front anyway when we lineup in a 4-2-2-2) and Mane who could possibly do a job up front, but then you need players in their positions, too. We're on the edge and we'll need players to be fit for the remaining two competitions. In the league it could still go down to the wire like last season. Yeah, Sturridge still has some quality and experience, but there you go, hopefully we get enough out of our remaining players if we don't get more injuries. I don't know, maybe he feels we're ready to move on from Sturridge (now and next summer). Maybe he feels Ings has actually reached a good physical level in the shadow and with him being eager for any minute out there (and work his socks off like Solanke, which Sturridge doesn't/can't, but can finish as well), has him ahead of Sturridge. It's a wait and see situation, not much between all of those situations, we didn't get much from any of Sturridge, Solanke or Ings so far. I just hope that the medical team of whichever club takes care of Sturridge does a good job, doesn't force him so that it affects our sale next summer, that's another risk with Daniel going to a whole new environment (can turn out to be good of course, I'm not counting that out as an option). As for his England chances, I'm not sure even if he scores a couple of goals (might not be a regular starter, but could get minutes if Pardew sees the likes of Rodriguez and Robson-Kanu more from the flanks in a front 3). Kane, Vardy and Rashford are for sure ahead of him, it's a difficult task. I'd say Wilshere has a considerably better chance of returning to that squad if he's fit at that time.

My mate just told me Sturridge is off to West Brom', I can't find anything official??

BBC's McNutty...

"It's all down to DanielSturridge now but it is looking increasingly like West Bromwich Albion willbeat Newcastle United to the Liverpool striker's signature on a loan deal untilthe end of the season.Newcastle had hoped to appease manager Rafael Benitez with a high-profilecapture but it looks like Alan Pardew is on course to put one over his old clubby signing the talented 28-year-old."

Anfield rd Dreamer

Making space on the wage bill for the big earner coming in?

Yes I know. I don't know why I'm doing it to myself.
Think we are looking at a case of a mountain climber getting rid of one of his old ropes because he doesn't like the thickness on it. However his mate bought his best rope off him couple weeks ago. Now he's blowing dust off one he found at the bottom of the cupboard and getting a slender new one out of the wrapper not sure either will do a job in an emergency so hoping he doesn't need to rely on either rope during this next climb. Has He underestimated the difficulty of the climb? Will the slender new rope hold up if used and put under pressure? Will the frayed old dusty rope hold or snap again like in the past? But of course it all makes sense getting rid of main emergency cover because it's so ill suited. Grrr. It's not letting Sturridge go that's annoying me. In isolation it's a good decision. But I thought we were light on options out wide, sold one of our three options for two positions and now getting rid of what, imperfect maybe, cover we do have at CF. To rely on two players that have played more for LFC full stop than Sturridge has this season but his contribution this season has been higher than their combined contribution as Liverpool players. And that's being kind looking at 3 goals Ings scored years ago when first arrived. Looking just this season and it's hard to understand why Ings and Solanke would even make the bench. Only saving grace is both could drastically improve.

What else is there? This is also an odd move for Sturridge, I would have expected him to pick Inter over West Brom. Maybe Pardew promised him a starting berth.... but yeah, all about the moolahs.
It doesn't surprise me. It even seems an astute move by Sturridge. I think Pardew convinced Sturridge that he would be used to his strengths. One thing Pardew can do is identify strengths and weaknesses of teams and players.

Sweeting

Bit confused by this I must admit.

I don't see him as a key player or even a major squad player but if we are just going to loan him I would rather we just kept him in the squad.

Having said that he might pinch a few goals that would help us get top 4 later in the year by taking points off Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs.

Limiescouse

Bit confused by this I must admit.

I don't see him as a key player or even a major squad player but if we are just going to loan him I would rather we just kept him in the squad.

Having said that he might pinch a few goals that would help us get top 4 later in the year by taking points off Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs.
It appears we are at a stage where we are looking to move him on, and if you look at the way this window has gone there appears to be unwillingness of other clubs to risk trying to buy him. It seems likely we have decided that giving him half a season in the shop window, one he wont get here, is best for everyone.

redfanman

TIA Regular

As a gambling man, I would suggest you not mortgage your home for those bets mate....
Apparently family reasons. He would be on the same money whichever club he went to on loan.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Maybe it's always been his dream to play for West Brom. He was born in Birmingham, after all. When the footballing giants of the West Midlands show an interest it's bound to turn a player's head and you can't stand in their way. Besides at this stage in Sturridge's career he probably fancies winning a few trophies and at least they are still in the FA Cup.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Apparently family reasons. He would be on the same money whichever club he went to on loan.
I believe we're talking about club saving money on his wages, not him making more money moving to West Brom as opposed to Inter.

He needs, as a player, to be on a pitch, he’s not getting a game here, a loan makes sense so he can prove his worth and moves on, or If he suddenly manages to stay fit and is banging them in week in, week out, we can recall him. The chances are, he’s had his day and a combination of style, fitness and age means his LFC days are over under Klopp.

He needs, as a player, to be on a pitch, he’s not getting a game here, a loan makes sense so he can prove his worth and moves on, or If he suddenly manages to stay fit and is banging them in week in, week out, we can recall him. The chances are, he’s had his day and a combination of style, fitness and age means his LFC days are over under Klopp.
The thing is he should have been getting games here!
Yes he is that good and very different to Firmino! :-)

Is the medical taking a reaaaally long time?
£125k off the wages will help get someone expensive in. My guess is we're now doing brinkmanship with Monaco or whoever.

K

Klopptinho

more gutted about this than selling coutinho! suarez and xabi alonso. goals win games and there is something special about having an english striker up front . sad times but hopefully he taught solanke to dance and to score just before he left .

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
Perhaps Danny REALLY wanted out....even more so than Coutinho.... but he's more of a stand-up guy?
Who knows....
Seems from the outside looking in that LFC are simply wanting to trim 125k per week...
2 million pounds give or take...
I REALLY hope that LFC aren't willing to risk Champions league qualifications over this amount of money.

So if Firmino goes out, or needs a rest it really will be Solanke or Ings leading the line....

Perhaps Danny REALLY wanted out....even more so than Coutinho.... but he's more of a stand-up guy?
Who knows....
Seems from the outside looking in that LFC are simply wanting to trim 125k per week...
I REALLY hope that LFC aren't willing to risk Champions league qualifications over this amount of money.

So if Firmino goes out, or needs a rest it really will be Solanke or Ings leading the line....
Doesn't dent our chances of anything him leaving.hardly available.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Who knows....

Or the club are allowing him to have a crack at the England squad.

Is their any chance of bringing origi back from loan cause we need another striker,left winger,right winger even if he isn’t amazing

Baffling decision, unless we bring someone else in. The opportunity cost to covering his wages + loan fee of meagre 3.8m pounds can be CL spot, which is worth about 50m. Yeah, he is half crooked, disinterested, sulking, devoid of pace, but even like that has more talent and goals in his left foot than Solanke and Ings combined. Let's not forget that we barely scraped 4th place last season with a difference of a single point. Couple of goals from Sturridge which we will miss can lose us that point this season.

Redopium

Something fishy going on, we sign VVD on big wages then lose the two highest earners at the club. Liverpool fans turning on fsg big time, money before trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.