• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Daniel Sturridge (FW) Sevilla, Inter Milan, Southampton, West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

K

Klopptinho

more gutted about this than selling coutinho! suarez and xabi alonso. goals win games and there is something special about having an english striker up front . sad times but hopefully he taught solanke to dance and to score just before he left .

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
Perhaps Danny REALLY wanted out....even more so than Coutinho.... but he's more of a stand-up guy?
Who knows....
Seems from the outside looking in that LFC are simply wanting to trim 125k per week...
2 million pounds give or take...
I REALLY hope that LFC aren't willing to risk Champions league qualifications over this amount of money.

So if Firmino goes out, or needs a rest it really will be Solanke or Ings leading the line....

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Perhaps Danny REALLY wanted out....even more so than Coutinho.... but he's more of a stand-up guy?
Who knows....
Seems from the outside looking in that LFC are simply wanting to trim 125k per week...
I REALLY hope that LFC aren't willing to risk Champions league qualifications over this amount of money.

So if Firmino goes out, or needs a rest it really will be Solanke or Ings leading the line....
Doesn't dent our chances of anything him leaving.hardly available.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Who knows....

Or the club are allowing him to have a crack at the England squad.

Is their any chance of bringing origi back from loan cause we need another striker,left winger,right winger even if he isn’t amazing

Icebreaker

Baffling decision, unless we bring someone else in. The opportunity cost to covering his wages + loan fee of meagre 3.8m pounds can be CL spot, which is worth about 50m. Yeah, he is half crooked, disinterested, sulking, devoid of pace, but even like that has more talent and goals in his left foot than Solanke and Ings combined. Let's not forget that we barely scraped 4th place last season with a difference of a single point. Couple of goals from Sturridge which we will miss can lose us that point this season.

Redopium

Something fishy going on, we sign VVD on big wages then lose the two highest earners at the club. Liverpool fans turning on fsg big time, money before trophies.

JMac8

more gutted about this than selling coutinho! suarez and xabi alonso. goals win games and there is something special about having an english striker up front . sad times but hopefully he taught solanke to dance and to score just before he left .
Please tell me this is sarcasm?

James H

"One word: Thundercougarfalconbird"
Something fishy going on, we sign VVD on big wages then lose the two highest earners at the club. Liverpool fans turning on fsg big time, money before trophies.
I don't think there is a connection here. Coutinho wanted out before VVD and all accounts are stating sturridge wanted game time. Actually the fact he was one of our highest earners vs his direct input would be a reason to ship him out alone.

kenno91

TIA New Signing
Really hope he gets a good run of 7 to 10 games up front for them alongside Jay Rodriguez. Could have been a reason why he went there, saw how well Jay recovered and is now playing and enjoying it.

Redopium

I don't think there is a connection here. Coutinho wanted out before VVD and all accounts are stating sturridge wanted game time. Actually the fact he was one of our highest earners vs his direct input would be a reason to ship him out alone.
I'm not so sure social media is gone berserk with such stories and it's not the first time,after all only Swansea have a lesser net spend, lots blaming Klopp but all he keeps saying is coutinho money is there for him to spend but we only got 50m up front.

K

Klopptinho

Fantastic player and finisher at his best. That was 3 years ago. A good signing for WB if, and that's a big if, he can stay fit. History suggests its highly unlikely.
if west brom are going to ask him to stand up front and wait for the ball..which is likely .. then his injuries will be less relevant . be nice if he scores a few winners against the likes of manure etc lol #agent studge

James H

"One word: Thundercougarfalconbird"
I'm not so sure social media is gone berserk with such stories and it's not the first time,after all only Swansea have a lesser net spend, lots blaming Klopp but all he keeps saying is coutinho money is there for him to spend but we only got 50m up front.
Wait social media overreacts to things? :shocked:

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Its an exit nobody can be surprised about but in the context of this transfer window for fck sake ladies and gentlemen, its like we sprained our ankle in the final curve of the 400m. Not to be too sad about Sturridge, rather than the gaping holes in our squad. Of course Can not gone yet, entirely, for fkc sake again.

okocha10

Football Master
After selling Coutinho and loaning Sturridge we have:
Wijnaldum, Milner, Hedno, Can, AOC, Lallana
Firmino, Salah, Mane, Ings, Solanke, Woodburn

So for the rest of the season we have 12 players to cover 6 positions. One of them is injured. One of them was injured for 2 years and is far from his best days. 2 od them are kids without any experience and they are obviously not good enough yet, at least Klopp thinks so. One of them can play only home games, but not always at the level we need.
To summarize, without talking about quality of the squad, at the moment we have 7 and a half players to compete for 6 positions.
Klopp is playing a very risky game this time, I just hope he knows what he is doing.

Last edited:

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Please tell me this is sarcasm?
After selling Coutinho and loaning Sturridge we have:
Wijnaldum, Milner, Hedno, Can, AOC, Lallana
Firmino, Salah, Mane, Ings, Solanke, Woodburn

So for the rest of the season we have 12 players to cover 6 positions. One of them is injured. One of them was injured for 2 years and is far from his best days. 2 od them are kids without any experience and they are obviously not good enough yet, at least Klopp thinks so. One of them can play only home games, but not always at the level we need.
To summarize, without talking about quality of the squad, at the moment we have 7 and a half players to compete for 6 positions.
Happy days.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Tbh, he wasn't being used much as substitute anyway, and when he did come on the pitch, he wasn't very effective anyway.
Good luck to Danny Sturridge at WBA except against us of course.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.