Daniel Sturridge (FW) Sevilla, Inter Milan, Southampton, West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMac8

more gutted about this than selling coutinho! suarez and xabi alonso. goals win games and there is something special about having an english striker up front . sad times but hopefully he taught solanke to dance and to score just before he left .
Please tell me this is sarcasm?

James H

"One word: Thundercougarfalconbird"
Something fishy going on, we sign VVD on big wages then lose the two highest earners at the club. Liverpool fans turning on fsg big time, money before trophies.
I don't think there is a connection here. Coutinho wanted out before VVD and all accounts are stating sturridge wanted game time. Actually the fact he was one of our highest earners vs his direct input would be a reason to ship him out alone.

kenno91

TIA New Signing
Really hope he gets a good run of 7 to 10 games up front for them alongside Jay Rodriguez. Could have been a reason why he went there, saw how well Jay recovered and is now playing and enjoying it.

Redopium

I don't think there is a connection here. Coutinho wanted out before VVD and all accounts are stating sturridge wanted game time. Actually the fact he was one of our highest earners vs his direct input would be a reason to ship him out alone.
I'm not so sure social media is gone berserk with such stories and it's not the first time,after all only Swansea have a lesser net spend, lots blaming Klopp but all he keeps saying is coutinho money is there for him to spend but we only got 50m up front.

K

Klopptinho

Fantastic player and finisher at his best. That was 3 years ago. A good signing for WB if, and that's a big if, he can stay fit. History suggests its highly unlikely.
if west brom are going to ask him to stand up front and wait for the ball..which is likely .. then his injuries will be less relevant . be nice if he scores a few winners against the likes of manure etc lol #agent studge

James H

"One word: Thundercougarfalconbird"
I'm not so sure social media is gone berserk with such stories and it's not the first time,after all only Swansea have a lesser net spend, lots blaming Klopp but all he keeps saying is coutinho money is there for him to spend but we only got 50m up front.
Wait social media overreacts to things? :shocked:

Its an exit nobody can be surprised about but in the context of this transfer window for fck sake ladies and gentlemen, its like we sprained our ankle in the final curve of the 400m. Not to be too sad about Sturridge, rather than the gaping holes in our squad. Of course Can not gone yet, entirely, for fkc sake again.

okocha10

Football Master
After selling Coutinho and loaning Sturridge we have:
Wijnaldum, Milner, Hedno, Can, AOC, Lallana
Firmino, Salah, Mane, Ings, Solanke, Woodburn

So for the rest of the season we have 12 players to cover 6 positions. One of them is injured. One of them was injured for 2 years and is far from his best days. 2 od them are kids without any experience and they are obviously not good enough yet, at least Klopp thinks so. One of them can play only home games, but not always at the level we need.
To summarize, without talking about quality of the squad, at the moment we have 7 and a half players to compete for 6 positions.
Klopp is playing a very risky game this time, I just hope he knows what he is doing.

Last edited:
Please tell me this is sarcasm?
After selling Coutinho and loaning Sturridge we have:
Wijnaldum, Milner, Hedno, Can, AOC, Lallana
Firmino, Salah, Mane, Ings, Solanke, Woodburn

So for the rest of the season we have 12 players to cover 6 positions. One of them is injured. One of them was injured for 2 years and is far from his best days. 2 od them are kids without any experience and they are obviously not good enough yet, at least Klopp thinks so. One of them can play only home games, but not always at the level we need.
To summarize, without talking about quality of the squad, at the moment we have 7 and a half players to compete for 6 positions.
Happy days.

JMac8

Klopp is playing a very risky game
My eyes hurt from eye rolling so much on these forums.

Ah well, I’m looking forward to see us lining up with half a player. I hope it’s the bottom half cos we don’t get many headed goals anyway

Anfield rd Dreamer

Doesn't dent our chances of anything him leaving.hardly available.
He's seemingly getting replaced by Ings. Sturridge has better contribution this season than Ings has over his entire LFC career. How does that not dent our chances? Hate how people try to belittle what Sturridge does. I've seen Ings get more credit for sucking it up than Sturridge despite being injured more and never having to play injured like Sturridge. I've even seen arguments that Solanke putting pressure on a player that helped in build up to a goal actually matters more than the goals Sturridge has scored because we were winning those games anyway. Now I'm seeing people dismiss him like this. He's been available for something like 75% percent of our games since the start of last season and scored and assisted plenty for the time he's actually been on the pitch. He's done all he has been able to do for us and deserves a bit more respect than gets shown. The injuries that have halted his elite status and probably shortened his career have happened when he's been a Liverpool player doing what he can for us. Injuries are sure as hell not something he's chosen and if it weren't for them he'd be able to run round more and fit in better. Sure he'd make that swap every day of the week. As it is he's been a thoroughly professional, hard working squad player doing what he can despite being a poor fit and not getting played even when available and in form. If you want to be prissy and have an attitude with anyone over him not playing much this season or last it's the manager who hasn't selected him that should be looked at. He can't select himself in the starting 11.

I think we're more likely to get something out of Ings and Solanke than Sturridge as well as being more likely to be available,they're busier and fit better with our work rate and tempo,that's just me.

Anfield rd Dreamer

I think we're more likely to get something out of Ings and Solanke than Sturridge as well as being more likely to be available,they're busier and fit better with our work rate and tempo,that's just me.
An opinion backed up by fuck all actual evidence. Every measurable element that can be used actually proves otherwise. Sturridge has played more than Solanke this year (I think, he had and don't think Dom has played since) and been available more than Ings and I think only Salah and Firmino have a better goal & assist contribution than Sturridge for time spent on the pitch. Maybe not even Firmino after last couple of games.

An opinion backed up by fuck all actual evidence. Every measurable element that can be used actually proves otherwise. Sturridge has played more than Solanke this year (I think, he had and don't think Dom has played since) and been available more than Ings and I think only Salah and Firmino have a better goal & assist contribution than Sturridge for time spent on the pitch. Maybe not even Firmino after last couple of games.
You want to get off your high fucking horse mate,it's what i think and you don't,big fucking deal.:-)

aBitSadAndLonely

I’d love some friends in real life...
I see this as the best move for us. Sturridge will get loads of game time at west brom. If he returns back to his old self then we can take him back next year.
Klopp just doesn't trust him enough to start him. Which sucks cause I think Danny can regain his form and fill the hole that Coutinho left.
Hoping he scores a shit load of goals for West brom

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
You want to get off your high fucking horse mate,it's what i think and you don't,big fucking deal.:-)
He's still trotting out the same old tired arguments. Boring.

Not arsed about this at all. He's not available very often and has been crap when he's started. Maybe he had 1 or 2 contributions left for us, that's not enough.

He has been a waste of a space for too long, this signals the end of that. A replacement? Well, an improvement in the squad would have been nice, but Sturridge's actual contribution barely needs replacing.

Thanks for the good times Dan but this is long overdue. Good luck.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
What a terrible use of stats. No wonder people turn away from them when they get abused so poorly like this. Give it a rest.

PeachesEnRegalia

I'll get me coat...
Studge had come to the end of his Liverpool tenure a while ago, if we're honest. Hope he gets a good run out for WBA, but he's just not a fit for Klopp's style, and that's been obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes this season. Not arsed.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
best of Luck Daniel sturidge, always had time for him and id love to see the personal side of the story result in him playing regular football and representing England this year at the World Cup.

I understand the angle that he really hasn't offered anything in numbers for a long time now, but maybe he just adds that bit of pressure to the first team incumbants that has now disappeared....not a huge issue, but not at all irrelevant, no, he didn't get on the park much recently, but the fact that he could have should not be ignored in the scheme of things, given his talent (not recent track record, but talent)....

im not as relaxed about this as Illok is, if we don't get a squad replacement in the next 48 hours.....

as Rafa would always say, its about options.

mazpool

TIA Reserve Team
Big loss.
Best of luck to you Stuge, you will be missed.
He could have been of real help if our boss know how to play with 2 strikers against the so called weaker teams, instead of having to play Gini, Can and Henderson. Two in the middle would have been more than enough with two strikers to run through the defense and open spaces. Well, i know shit about football but Klopp is risking way too much, and for no good reason.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Dont get what is the fuss. He is clearly not going to get game timme here as he has lost pace and can't press like Mane/Salah/Firmino and others.
Time to move on. Hope he helps us by helping WBA take points of our rivals.
Injuries plagued him, when fit he is one of the best strikers in the PL.
Good luck Danny.

Steve_LFC

Really hope he gets a good run of 7 to 10 games up front for them alongside Jay Rodriguez. Could have been a reason why he went there, saw how well Jay recovered and is now playing and enjoying it.
You brought up an important point. Sturridge always plays better in a 2 striker system. While we play with 1....So West Brom probably enticed him with the possibility of playing up top with Jay Rodriguez. He probably didnt want to go to a new country also. Anyways best of luck Danny!

I am kind of surprised by this. Dan can produced when called on--see the Europa final that should have been put away after getting ahead early.

He is experienced, he can be good against a parked bus.

On the other hand it seems a bit of a favor a showing goodwill to players. That isn't a bad and thing and showing him off to get some $ isn't a bad thing. Timing is bad with the thinness of proven goal scorers now left and a big stretch of 3.5 months left--good no lesser cup distractions/extra matches though.

Status
Not open for further replies.