Daniel Sturridge (FW) Sevilla, Inter Milan, Southampton, West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

He's still trotting out the same old tired arguments. Boring.

Not arsed about this at all. He's not available very often and has been crap when he's started. Maybe he had 1 or 2 contributions left for us, that's not enough.

He has been a waste of a space for too long, this signals the end of that. A replacement? Well, an improvement in the squad would have been nice, but Sturridge's actual contribution barely needs replacing.

Thanks for the good times Dan but this is long overdue. Good luck.
They're the same arguments because I've not been persuaded by your counter arguments which I don't think make any sense. You have a real strange way of writing off Sturridge and his goals and assists but don't use that same measure for the others. Is it because they run around more? You say it needs to be a goal that makes a difference from Sturridge for it to matter but how about team performance? If looking at all their games like they were points accruing;

Ings would have 4 points out of 15, won 1 drawn 1 lost 3 no goals or assists. He's so far had no impact on performances at all and we've done terrible in games he's appeared in it he's not been able to change things.

Solanke would have a very decent 38 points out of 54, won 11 drawn 5 lost 2 only 1 assist in a game we won 3 nil. He's been involved in games we've done better in but has it been Klopp choosing his appearances more carefully? He hasn't contributed to changing the direction of a score line yet.

Sturridge would have a quite reasonable 27 points out of 42, won 7 drawn 6 lost 1 scored 3, apparently none of which count because they weren't a goal that matters not even the one against Arsenal that helped bury them or scoring the opener against Huddersfield. 3 assists also but apparently only the one in the 3-2 win over Leicester mattered.

On availability he's still actually played more than Solanke despite injury and Ings has missed more games by far.

If you look at being involved in link up play with their teammates Sturridge plays 1.1 key passes per game, Solanke only 0.7 and Ings only 0.3. Sturridge passes on average 14.1 passes with accuracy of 80.3% Solanke only 9.8 passes at only 75.2% accuracy and Ings an awful 4.7 passes at 71.4%. Firmino is 33.2 passes at 73.4% accuracy and 1.8 key passes btw.

But of course none of this matters because Solanke and Ings run around more. On defensive contribution Solanke is best with 0.4 tackles per game. Hardly earth shattering. To put it in perspective Firmino is 1.5.

None of them come close to being an alternative to our plan A approach they're all plan B options. But Sturridge is the most creative and best goal threat out of the three of them.

If what Sturridge has done this season has hardly mattered I'd hate to think how little importance Ings and Solanke bring to the side. Surely by your reasoning we can get rid of all of them and just go without?

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
The thing that gets me, is that it’s just a loan.

What’s the actual point?, aside from doing the right thing by the player ( which is a positive) I see no upside in letting Sturidge go, is he disruptive like sahko? Is his training ethos questionable?....I mean, to keep coming back from setback after setback must take SOME level of mental fortitude.

I have this sneaking suspicion/ blind hope that we must have something lined up tomorrow.

It just makes absolutely no sense to let him go without replacing him in the squad, with another body, I get 100% the case for not being bothered as his numbers are non existent, but if bobby does get a knock, we are down to players out of position and a kid or a player who has been hampered severely by injury, no matter how inspirational the comeback is.....it just seems very strange....I know we only play one upfront, but wouldn’t it be wise to leave an option for two?

He also has an added unforeseen bonus....he adds pressure to the current ‘first choice’

Dunno.....I’m not on board with this at all....subject to any late transfers in.....both Coutinho and sturidge gone in the same window....that’s a lot of goals ( historically) leaving the club at the same moment.

Quirky point...remember we got them in the same winter window as well....nothing to it....but...just an oddity.

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
The thing that gets me, is that it’s just a loan.

What’s the actual point?, aside from doing the right thing by the player ( which is a positive) I see no upside in letting Sturidge go, is he disruptive like sahko? Is his training ethos questionable?....I mean, to keep coming back from setback after setback must take SOME level of mental fortitude.

I have this sneaking suspicion/ blind hope that we must have something lined up tomorrow.

It just makes absolutely no sense to let him go without replacing him in the squad, with another body, I get 100% the case for not being bothered as his numbers are non existent, but if bobby does get a knock, we are down to players out of position and a kid or a player who has been hampered severely by injury, no matter how inspirational the comeback is.....it just seems very strange....I know we only play one upfront, but wouldn’t it be wise to leave an option for two?

He also has an added unforeseen bonus....he adds pressure to the current ‘first choice’

Dunno.....I’m not on board with this at all....subject to any late transfers in.....both Coutinho and sturidge gone in the same window....that’s a lot of goals ( historically) leaving the club at the same moment.

Quirky point...remember we got them in the same winter window as well....nothing to it....but...just an oddity.
It makes absolute sense IF somebody better comes in. IF..........

The thing is he should have been getting games here!
Yes he is that good and very different to Firmino! :-)
It looks like the Baggies deal is done, it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on.
It seems an odd choice West Brom... close to home tho’... no language barrier, easy life, not too much like hard work,.. Should, without a doubt get picked every week, so we’ll see if he’s anything like the Sturridge of old.
I hope he is and he comes back and gets a game, or goes but at least gets a game... but, my gut feeling is, the Danial Sturridge we once knew left the building a long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.