• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Daniel Sturridge (FW) Sevilla, Inter Milan, Southampton, West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRhockey

Just out of interest, gauging the forums here....but am I the only person that notices stereotypical racism/typecasting in all transfer posts about Italian clubs and no one gives a hoot.

Replace Italian with Jewish, and watch the bans fly in, replace it with African....and...well....

Just asking the forums....because despite our pathetic ( post rush, pre Salah mind you) dealings with Italian clubs, they have certainly spent their fair share of money in world football historically.....you can’t blame them for taking advantage of our weak management
Could be just you, yes. Maybe it takes a similarly-minded person to get that impression out of Icebreaker's post?

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Inter want him on loan as they can't afford the transfer fee. That's fine well just use him as a £30m deposit on a certain argentine player weve been eyeing...

LFC CAN

Sturridge is prob the best England finisher and should move on to boost his chances of playing for England at the WC, but with his injury record i don,t think we will get 30 mill for him. But teams like Saints, West Ham, Newcastle need a goalscorer

Icebreaker

We should monitor Carroll situation at West Ham. I still find it unbelievable that Chelsea would go for him, but if they do West Ham will be looking for a striker. With Walcott gone to Everton, there aren't many proven Premiership strikers around. He should do well there, they have some good players and solid manager.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Inter on loan according to a fairly well respected Guardian journo.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Inter on loan according to a fairly well respected Guardian journo.
I thought they rejected Inter's and Sevilla's loan offers? Not sure he'd start for either, though...

YeGra

Ugh, no more loan shit. It's the worst of both worlds when it comes to players we eventually want out.

You're not getting any funds in for players you want. You know the issue of whether he stays or goes permanently will linger once the loan move has ended. And you can't use the bloody player in the emergency situations.

The only positive is the wages.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I thought they rejected Inter's and Sevilla's loan offers? Not sure he'd start for either, though...
From the bits and pieces I've been told they seem to have rejected Inter's initial offer as they wanted us to help with his wages, and now Inter are willing to pay them all.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Daniel Sturridge is on a list of strikers Newcastle want to sign on loan during this window, Sky Sports News understands.

The other names on the list include his Liverpool team-mate Danny Ings and West Ham striker Diafra Sakho.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Italian broadcaster Sport Mediaset believe Liverpool are willing to loan Daniel Sturridge out-with one particular condition.

According to the Italians- how they know this is anyone’s guess- Liverpool will only consider a loan deal if an obligatory transfer purchase option is included.

gr_sounder

Italian broadcaster Sport Mediaset believe Liverpool are willing to loan Daniel Sturridge out-with one particular condition.

According to the Italians- how they know this is anyone’s guess- Liverpool will only consider a loan deal if an obligatory transfer purchase option is included.
I would love to know how an "obligatory option" would work for both sides.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Its clear Liverpool would rather a sale than a loan deal, but if its a loan deal they want a commitment to buy at the end of the loan. I imagine none of these clubs want to commit to that based on Sturridge injury record, be interesting to see if someone takes the gamble, or Liverpool ease on those demands.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Don't mind selling him cheap if it's to teams abroad. He might also be able to prolong his career if he were to leave for Italian or Spanish clubs. Not as demanding physically and could work on his finishing again. This league is way too tough and taxing him physically.... he can't do it anymore, especially not the way we play these days, breakneck speed almost from the get go.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
If DS can pass a medical, I'd be very tempted to sell him quickly. No telling what state he'll be in in a foreign country with a foreign coaching team, a foreign language and foreign physios. Compulsory purchase that includes every medical condition known to man (and any that currently have not been discovered) sounds very sensible to me.

Not Worthy

Didn't Inter receive a slice of the Coutinho money ? Probably funding any move for Sturridge with that.....

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Well that sorts that out then. I'm glad no one on the boards is that way inclined.....

Did I ever tell you the one about the Jew, the African and the lesbian?
Before I answer, do we have any African Jewish Lesbian members who'd be offended? Or can anybody take that offence on their behalf?

Not Worthy

Before I answer, do we have any African Jewish Lesbian members who'd be offended? Or can anybody take that offence on their behalf?
Oi veh & kutomba. On behalf on my sister and her girlfriend, yes !!!

Reactions: ptt

gr_sounder

I'm just offended that you think I might be offended at such things.

Back to Sturridge. I had been so happy for him before his last rounds of injuries, he seemed to be enjoying life, and playing well, and was a good fun influence on others. The recent (last year or so) of setbacks has been rough on him and the team. When he is on the field and in good form, simply a deadly scorer.

I am glad that we will be sending him abroad rather than somewhere in the Premier League.
I will always wish him the best of luck as I think overall he is a good guy.

kwala

TIA Regular
I wouldn't loan an Italian club a spoon of sugar. They will never in a million years pay any agreed fee.

STE123

Lurker
Anfield HQ‏Conta verificada @AnfieldHQ
Sevilla have been informed by Liverpool that they must match Inter's offer. Sturridge would prefer a move to Sevilla and has previously revealed his fascination with Spanish and the intention to increase his vocabulary in the language. (@MelissaReddy_)

So he prefers Sevilla so he can learn spanish ?

Dont think that would be my deciding factor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.