Daniel Sturridge (FW) Sevilla, Inter Milan, Southampton, West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

eythor

Really cool if he goes to test himself in Serie A or La Liga. The latter would probably be better for him in footballing terms, but it should be a great experience no matter where he goes.

Would he be the second English player to play for Inter if he goes there? Can't think of anyone else than Ince.
Gerry Hitchens as well. Him not being the first player that comes to mind is understandable.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
I hope Sturridge gets a move this month yeah it means we run the risk but he wants to play and he ain't getting enough of a look in under Jurgen. If he goes abroad the better the Premier is the most competitive league on the planet and if he goes to Spain or Italy hopefully he will see his injuries a thing of the past and return to the player we al knew he is capable of.
Wont mind him going to EPL on loan this season with a compulsory option to buy in june.
Teams like west ham, Stoke, Crystal Palace might suit him.
Besides, it would also benefit us if he can score few goals against and help them nick points from our rivals.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Yes I would certainly like to see him move abroad.... forget playing for the likes of Moyes and even Soton. Go to Inter, nice city and slower paced. If that Luis Alberto and Lucas fella can make something out of themselves, I am sure this fella will be a hit there.
Suso made the biggest name of our outcasts over there, it's a fine reserve league for players that's not good enough for Premier League anymore or in the young lads cases not yet good enough. Ironic as it used to be the other way around 20 years ago.

Can't fathom why Emre Can want to go to that ghost league with half empty stadions, phycotic wanna-be-made-men-fans that think they run the club and motivate the players through intimidation and violent threats like mobsters. Corrupt Referees and racist chants in the stands And they wonder why their league turned to shit.

Dave-D

So Sturridge it seems according to sky sports has two option, stay as a squad player at Liverpool or go to Inter as his preferred choice of Sevilla ain’t materialised.
I think he’d do well in Italy where his lost yard of pace won’t cause him anywhere near as much problems as the EPL but what I don’t understand is why wouldn’t he want to go there. Great city with all you could want, better weather which may help his body from breaking down as much and playing for a team like Inter Milan ain’t to be sniffed at either.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
So Sturridge it seems according to sky sports has two option, stay as a squad player at Liverpool or go to Inter as his preferred choice of Sevilla ain’t materialised.
I think he’d do well in Italy where his lost yard of pace won’t cause him anywhere near as much problems as the EPL but what I don’t understand is why wouldn’t he want to go there. Great city with all you could want, better weather which may help his body from breaking down as much and playing for a team like Inter Milan ain’t to be sniffed at either.
Style of play is not nearly as favourable to Sturridge in Italy as it is in Spain. Italian defenders can be right bastards about preventing that first step move, whereas in Spain he would get more protection from referees than he has ever had in his life.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
He needs to go. He's been wonderful for Liverpool when he was fit. But it's clear that he no longer suits liverpool and their style of play.

I wouldn't begrudge him a chance at any club. Even the Bitters. I think Liverpool will need to drag this on till the deadline day. Some Transfer activity with the other clubs might well mean more clubs wanting to get him as a squad cover at the very least.

And 50 odd goals in 100 odd appearances means that it's a sizable transfer fee.

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Really don't understand this move. As much as I think Sturridge has no long term future here, he was still involved in six goals in the first half of the season, which is five more than Ings and Solanke combined. After already letting Coutinho go, the idea of letting another attacking player go (instead of reinforcing) smacks to me like madness and cost cutting. I'm fine with Sturridge leaving in the summer (or last summer and keeping Origi), but it makes no sense to let him go in this window.

Steve_LFC

Really don't understand this move. As much as I think Sturridge has no long term future here, he was still involved in six goals in the first half of the season, which is five more than Ings and Solanke combined. After already letting Coutinho go, the idea of letting another attacking player go (instead of reinforcing) smacks to me like madness and cost cutting. I'm fine with Sturridge leaving in the summer (or last summer and keeping Origi), but it makes no sense to let him go in this window.
While i agree with your points. There is also the Sturridge's pov. If this wasn't a world cup yr i think he stays. But it is really his last chance and he doesnt want any regrets... Also he knows he is not Klopps type of player and is sometimes an after thought in team. So let him go.

The problem is that we are doing a poor to non existent job of replacing the lost personnel in Attack. The ground work should of been done to be prepared for these scenarios. And not just hoping and waiting for teams to give us a discount on their best players.

The least we could do is consider recalling Origi now if Sturridge is to go. Origi can cover CF and wing. Better than nothing. Should Firmino get hurt...We are F........ked

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
While i agree with your points. There is also the Sturridge's pov. If this wasn't a world cup yr i think he stays. But it is really his last chance and he doesnt want any regrets... Also he knows he is not Klopps type of player and is sometimes an after thought in team. So let him go.

The problem is that we are doing a poor to non existent job of replacing the lost personnel in Attack. The ground work should of been done to be prepared for these scenarios. And not just hoping and waiting for teams to give us a discount on their best players.

The least we could do is consider recalling Origi now if Sturridge is to go. Origi can cover CF and wing. Better than nothing. Should Firmino get hurt...We are F........ked
I agree about the ground work, should have been done, were not just talking about possible scenarios, but probable scenarios in both Coutinho & Sturridge cases

No way we should be losing both these players in the window without bringing in a replacement attacking option, but have to say not sure bringing Origi back from his loan is the answer.

Limiescouse

I agree about the ground work, should have been done
I find it baffling you assume it hasnt. I just really dont understand this idea that for a team of men whose faces we never see who work exclusively in the background we expect to know what they are up to. It is one thing to believe that we should not have sold under any circumstance unless we already had a replacement locked down. I do not agree given the specifics of this situation, but I get it. However, it is another thing entirely to believe that the team has not been doing their job because you havent seen evidence of it.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
I find it baffling you assume it hasnt. I just really dont understand this idea that for a team of men whose faces we never see who work exclusively in the background we expect to know what they are up to. It is one thing to believe that we should not have sold under any circumstance unless we already had a replacement locked down. I do not agree given the specifics of this situation, but I get it. However, it is another thing entirely to believe that the team has not been doing their job because you havent seen evidence of it.
I should have been clearer, by ground work, i mean a deal should have been in place to bring in a replacement if we lose a crucial member of the team, I have no doubt that work is being done constantly behind the scenes.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Let's just say this isn't how I'd like it to be planned out when it comes to parachutes and doing a skydive. You don't want to be halfway down doing mental calculations about how high the plane was and whether you'll be ok landing in this body of water you're approaching. The fact the guy falling next to you may have a parachute in his back pack and won't give you a straight answer isn't much comfort.

The greed of Teixiera was probably the cause of Klopps problem with him but he is a top player though and well worth a punt at that price.

Is it possible that Daniel Sturridge is now off on Loan to Newcastle Utd??

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout
Andy Hunter from the Guardian saying he's expected to be off to West Brom on loan. Be great move to see if he can still play week by week in the league and fantastic for all the sour forumites on here to look at him and complain he's not doing it for us. win win.

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Only benefit I see in this ridiculous loan is us saving money on Sturridge's salary. Nothing else.

Include Coutinho and that's now 15 goals and 12 assists this season which we've got rid of during this transfer window without any replacement. Absolute madness with so much left to play for.

Breeze10

Today i imagined a world where lfc had a consistently fully fit sturridge, Its a damn shame what the injuries have done to his career.
I imagined how blindingly good he could have been, I imagined he was banging in goals week in week out, i imagined he could bang in goals from the bench ... then things got dark, i imagined that he was so good those *****s (insert word of your choice) over at barca swooped in for him. thats where i stopped daydreaming, my point you may ask? the Lad could have been world class.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Only benefit I see in this ridiculous loan is us saving money on Sturridge's salary. Nothing else.
Baggies still have to play City, Chelsea, United and Spurs... maybe we're hoping Studge will help them take some points off our rivals!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Include Coutinho and that's now 15 goals and 12 assists this season which we've got rid of during this transfer window without any replacement. Absolute madness with so much left to play for.
The player shouldn't be punished for one lack of deals though. He needs the move.

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
Such a love/hate relationship with this player.
So silky smooth when he was at the top, but so long since he was at the top.
He really is the only one on the bench right now that can bring a hope for a game-changing moment.

Limiescouse

Such a love/hate relationship with this player.
So silky smooth when he was at the top, but so long since he was at the top.
He really is the only one on the bench right now that can bring a hope for a game-changing moment.
Yet he is too often not even available for the bench and when he is has often been over looked in favour of other attacking players.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
What else is there? This is also an odd move for Sturridge, I would have expected him to pick Inter over West Brom. Maybe Pardew promised him a starting berth.... but yeah, all about the moolahs.

Baggies still have to play City, Chelsea, United and Spurs... maybe we're hoping Studge will help them take some points off our rivals!
As a gambling man, I would suggest you not mortgage your home for those bets mate....

Status
Not open for further replies.