Danny Ings (FW) to Crystal Palace, Newcastle

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
Left out of squad travelling to USA, reliable journos have already hinted that Ings is set to leave Liverpool this summer. I guess this one will pick up pace soon.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Offal website says......

Danny Ings will not travel and will instead remain at Melwood for extra training after missing several sessions since pre-season began due to blisters and a minor ankle injury.

Blister keeps player out of tour. What next, grey hair forces player out of 6 weeks!

Nikola

Admin
Would prefer to have ings on our bench than Solanke or Origi.
Yeah, no question about it. I like his style, I think that Klopp would have adored injury-free Ings but two ACL injuries put paid to that. I can't blame him for not wanting to sit around and receive the pay checks, quite the opposite actually. Maybe he could command a similar fee to Danny Ward?

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Good luck to him wherever he goes, deserves to be first-choice at a PL club and to have a good run free of injury. Still finances community projects at Burnley and a charitable foundation, bloody nice guy.

Shame it hasn't worked out at Liverpool, mostly due to sadly long-term injuries, and hopefully he finds the right club for him to push on at.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Good luck to him wherever he goes, deserves to be first-choice at a PL club and to have a good run free of injury. Still finances community projects at Burnley and a charitable foundation, bloody nice guy.
I've spoken to a couple of people who know Ings and they both couldn't say enough positive things about him.

Good luck to him wherever he goes, he deserves more luck than he's had here.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
All credit to the lad. Would be easy to sit on the bench and pick up a pay cheque.

Can’t blame anyone for leaving for wanting to play.

It’s not worked out for him but that’s at not fault of his own. I wish him the very best. Would not bet against him ending up at Watford with 50M burning a hole in their pocket. IMO will be an upgrade for them on Richarlison.

Maria

Good luck to Danny Ings.
I Really feel for him, if it wasn't for his long term injuries, he would still be at LFC. Perhaps it was not his destiny to be at the club. I hope he is successful in his new club and his career is back on track.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Think Newcastle could use more of a target man, someone better than Joselu. Perez's good end of the season should enable him to start as second striker and then Ings would possibly push Gayle as striker out of the side. But with their fight and very limited budget (probably why they "had" to sell Merino), I think they need a better target man.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Think Newcastle could use more of a target man, someone better than Joselu. Perez's good end of the season should enable him to start as second striker and then Ings would possibly push Gayle as striker out of the side. But with their fight and very limited budget (probably why they "had" to sell Merino), I think they need a better target man.
Reports they want to fund Rondon by selling Mitrovic, which I guess fits that bill.

Southampton also could be a decent choice, Palace too. Heck, I'm sure Burnley would have him back as well.

Nikola

Admin
Reports they want to fund Rondon by selling Mitrovic, which I guess fits that bill.

Southampton also could be a decent choice, Palace too. Heck, I'm sure Burnley would have him back as well.
Gayle's been more than decent for them but I never got the impression that Rafa rated him and I think that Rafa would enjoy Rondon-Ings combo an awful lot more than Joselu (another "how the hell such useless lumps always score against Liverpool and then have a barren spell until the end of days" plug) and Gayle. Newcastle were also linked with Origi, so... It's too much to ask to sell them both Origi and Ings, isn't it? :-) I fully agree that both Southampton and Palace could also use Ings, I think we can extend that to Origi as well. That said, PL-based journalists are saying that both Newcastle and Palace are pretty short on cash even though they managed to remain in PL.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Gayle's been more than decent for them but I never got the impression that Rafa rated him and I think that Rafa would enjoy Rondon-Ings combo an awful lot more than Joselu (another "how the hell such useless lumps always score against Liverpool and then have a barren spell until the end of days" plug) and Gayle. Newcastle were also linked with Origi, so... It's too much to ask to sell them both Origi and Ings, isn't it? :-) I fully agree that both Southampton and Palace could also use Ings, I think we can extend that to Origi as well. That said, PL-based journalists are saying that both Newcastle and Palace are pretty short on cash even though they managed to remain in PL.
I did wonder whether the Lascelles talk was a way of getting a deal done for Origi/Ings...

Danny_

If he wasn't so injury prone, I would say keep him as he is a very good squad member. But if we get 15m or more, we should sell

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Liked Danny since he came,thought he was starting to show a bit when the injuries came,which screwed up his chances here.
Good honest player who could do well somewhere.
Keeping him here,unless he's happy with it it,would be squad at best.
If he moves on, hope he gets the club right and kicks on.

vjcpatriot

Ings is a good guy but he just has had a terrible run of health in the past couple of years. If we can offload him, say for about £15m we should do so. He is probably tailor fit for a mid table side and he can really help someone in the Premier League. But I believe his days with Liverpool are over.

Was never good enough to pull on this shirt....need rid of asap. “Nice guy” is like good intentions....not worth much on the pitch.

He was never bought has our main No9 just an attacking option from the bench,with what he's gone through here at our club you could be a little more fucking gracious,:-)
Was never good enough to be an option off our bench....

Limiescouse

He was never bought has our main No9 just an attacking option from the bench,with what he's gone through here at our club you could be a little more fucking gracious,:-)
He was bought as a young lad who looked really good despite playing in a poor Prem side and so had a ton of upside but just had terrible luck with injuries. There are plenty of worse players who have got a good number of games for Liverpool over the past 20 years.