Danny Ings (FW) to Crystal Palace, Newcastle

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
You'll see when Palace get into trouble and they quickly go back to Zaha and Townsend up front (this time with poor Meyer somewhere on the left of a midfield 4). No Benteke (f*ck me he was so poor last season, the biggest pussy out of those "big strong target men"), no Sorloth, no Ings.

lol

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
So let me get this straight.

Palace could potentially pay us a combined fee of £56m for Benteke ( 32m) and Danny Ings (24m)

World....mad.........gone lol
And £25m for Sakho. ;-)

Well, someone had to takeover from West Ham & Big Sam to spend money on our flops. :well done:

Sweeting

Was very happy for him when he got a goal last season but, frankly, getting £20m+ is a great bit of business. Once Klopp established what he was doing here it was quite clear that he isn't even close to good enough for us.

Unlucky with injuries but I doubt he would have been much better anyway. He will be fine for Palace or Newcastle but I am actually glad we won't have to see him chugging around up top this season.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
If I were a chairman id never sanction a £20m+ deal for a player whose been injured for best part of 3 years. No wonder he is still here.

Dave-D

A team in desperate need of a striker come January will buy him IF he can stay fit until then. Squad player until then playing in cup games

JMac8

Obviously we have no clue what’s happening but if we’re holding out for £20m I think that’s a little unfair on the lad. He’s not worth that esp given injury record. He’s a long distance from getting into our team. Let him go for cheaper and get his career back on track

RedSeven

On the one road
SSN have said Ings isn't at Melwood as he's working on a transfer but didn't say to where.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I guess we've celebrated a little too prematurely on sale of our players to recoup some cash then....... Very unfortunate that he could not get anyone to pay for his worth.

I agree it seems like nobody bitten on the excessive fees requested for our players.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
I hope there is a buy back clause in the deal,
it could save us a small fortune in the future

kwala

TIA Regular
When he first joined he was our best player for a brief period. Good luck to him. Top bloke, top professional. Never gave less than 100% on the pitch, and you can't ask for more than that.

Hopefully he stays injury free and has a great career.

Last edited:

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I agree it seems like nobody bitten on the excessive fees requested for our players.
I think the press were briefed on those fees simply to lay down a high marker to start negotiations. Never likely to get anywhere close, and I suspect the club were prepared for that.

Still, thought in a league where goal are a struggle for everyone outside the top eight, some on would take Ings for £10m.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I think the press were briefed on those fees simply to lay down a high marker to start negotiations. Never likely to get anywhere close, and I suspect the club were prepared for that.

Still, thought in a league where goal are a struggle for everyone outside the top eight, some on would take Ings for £10m.
Pretty sure clubs do talk to each other and quite well in-tune with knowing the expectations of the selling club. Don't think they need the media to inform them how much the selling club expects. After all, every club do have scouts and that's pretty much their job. If clubs sitting there waiting for the media to send them a menu of each club list of players to be sold and their price tag, I would be very surprised.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
I guess we've celebrated a little too prematurely on sale of our players to recoup some cash then....... Very unfortunate that he could not get anyone to pay for his worth.
Agree with the first bit. Some people got a bit carried away after the Danny Ward sale. There are not many players we would want to get rid of who are actually worth much. Ings is a good example. Started 8 games in 3 seasons. No one was ever going to pay serious money for him on that basis. A loan was always the most likely outcome.

Anyway, I'm chuffed for him. After everything he's been through he deserves a fresh start. Really hope it works out for him at Southampton.