Danny Ward (GK) - Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Danny Ward being linked with a move to Leicester. Rumoured fee of between £10m and £12m

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...iverpool-goalkeeper-danny-ward-talks-14927699

Would be a good move for him and a useful fee for the club. Conflicting reports as to whether he's a replacement or competition for Schmeichel. I suspect it would be as his replacement but Leicester don't want to say that whilst clubs are sniffing around Schmeichel.

richieh10

I am
Glad for him but I know that I am gonna be gutted in 12-18 months time when he is actually given the chance to become one of the better GK in the premier league

YeGra

Good amount of money for him. Clearly the club doesn't rate him and not entirely surprised. Karius as number 2 this season should take the pressure off him.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Was hoping he'd be our no2 next season with Karius loaned somewhere to get his confidence back in less pressured surrounds, but you can't argue that Danny deserves games. Hope he does start the season as their no1.
Would have been nice, but realistically, at 24, he wants and needs games.

Good luck to him. Should be the Wales keeper by the end of the season.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I think he's going there as #1, despite what John Percy says. I hope so anyway.

He'll find himself straight in the Wales team if he gets regular football too, he is a much, much, much better goalkeeper than Wayne Hennessey.
Yep. I think Schmeichel ends up at Chelsea, which would be absolutely lovely.

10m for Ward and 10m for Mignolet looks good numbers pre Neymar-Cou-Mbappe era. Now would wish to get 15m for each. But anyway what we get is what we get. Sell them and move on. Let them also go somewhere and start fresh and have a good career.

RedSeven

On the one road
10m for Ward and 10m for Mignolet looks good numbers pre Neymar-Cou-Mbappe era. Now would wish to get 15m for each. But anyway what we get is what we get. Sell them and move on. Let them also go somewhere and start fresh and have a good career.

Has someone put in an offer for mingolet as well?

Dark Metal

TIA New Signing
His maturity and commitment must have nosedived this last few days for some reason.

Best of luck though in all seriousness.

Good amount of money for him. Clearly the club doesn't rate him and not entirely surprised. Karius as number 2 this season should take the pressure off him.
I think it's just the case that Klopp rate Grabara as having higher potential and going to be much better keeper than Ward. As it is now, looks like Karius will be no 2 and Grabara will be no 3. Allison going to have 5-6years contract anyway...time enough to give exposure and develop Grabara.
Ward deserves to be no 1 keeper..unfortunately not at Liverpool...yet.

sabbatwolf

TIA Youth Team
This is a good move. He's never going to get game time ahead of Allison and he didn't get game time ahead of Karius or Migs last season. He's at real risk of stalling (or has already stalled) in his development. He needs to think about his long term career plans and ambitions and he isn't going to meet them warming a bench.

Dave-D

Alisson>Liverpool
Ward>Leicester
Schemeichel>Roma
Courtois>Real Madrid
Cech>Chelsea

The way I see the goalkeeper roundabout going. Roma have already started negotiations for Schemeichel and Chelsea are still trying to fend off Real which leave them with Cech.

I think he's going there as #1, despite what John Percy says. I hope so anyway.

He'll find himself straight in the Wales team if he gets regular football too, he is a much, much, much better goalkeeper than Wayne Hennessey.
How can you know that?
I can see us regretting not giving Ward a chance. If he turns out to be any good it would be very damning of our goalkeeper set up.
Btw I really regret the way the club has treated Ward. I think it was all about him being home grown. Having said that Ward didn't do anything to prevent that treatment.

We'll see. I am pleased for Ward though, if this deal goes through, and hope he grows a pair and shows some ambition in the future

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
As others have said, sad that see him go but glad for him to get a chance with a PL club. Maybe the recent claims that he will be getting more game time this season weren't entirely wrong. After all, I don't think they specified that his game time would be with LFC!
Now who will take Mignolet off our hands? Or will we see Karius loaned out, maybe to a German club, and Migs claiming the bench as his own?

Maybe the recent claims that he will be getting more game time this season weren't entirely wrong. After all, I don't think they specified that his game time would be with LFC!
No way can LFC talk for other clubs like that. No it was bullshit but then that's no surprise concerning LFC and Danny Ward. As I said Ward needs to grow a pair and if he does I don't think he will look back.

LFCFFC

Can't begrudge the lad for seeking further opportunities elsewhere.

May he live long and prosper (especially if we've included a buy-back clause).

Red over the water

Good luck to him!

I thought he might be our number two this season, with Karius out on loan and Mingo sold, but I suppose from the club’s perspective you have to take the deals on offer for back up players, to a point, and let them get on with their careers.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out with the others. I still think a loan would be better for Karius so he can play, and I also think Mingo will be sold as he is of an age and level where he needs to play. With all that said, I can’t see us going into the new season with just Alisson and Grabara, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.