• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Dejan Lovren (CB) to AC Milan, Roma

Arminius

FSG PR plant
To be fair, they are getting Smalling on loan, I don't think LFC were remotely interested in loaning Lovren. Roma's finances are a mess, no CL this year, and they are trying to sell something like 300M Euros of long-term bonds. Smalling is a short term solution, Lovren would have been another significant transfer that would them into positive net spend.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
JK basically squashed any idea of Lovren moving in the presser yesterday. Started talking about last season's Bayern game when 3 of his 4 CBs were injured and he had to start Fabinho there. If he goes it'll be against JK's wishes and that doesn't generally happen. I look forward to seeing Lovren getting a run-out against MK Dons. Assuming he isn't injured. Or ill.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Glad that he is staying.
We have a long long season ahead.
Cant ask for a better 4th choice CB tbh,
Hopefully, we get a good run in cup games where adrian, lovren, Brewster,Elliot, Shaqs all get good game time.
This season, our biggest challenge would he to keep the squad fresh and rotate properly.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Apparently Juve are considering making an offer for Lovren after Chiellini was just ruled out for the season.

Arminius

FSG PR plant

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Juve still have Bonucci, de Ligt, Rugani and that Demiral, new Turkish CB they bought. Lovren obviously got a few days off, with the international break coming up, perhaps Klopp let him to be ready close to Italy if we agreed something. I was okay with it at the start of summer. But I hope he stays now as we can't bring anyone else in. Next summer.