• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Dejan Lovren (CB) to Zenit, Roma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
To be fair, they are getting Smalling on loan, I don't think LFC were remotely interested in loaning Lovren. Roma's finances are a mess, no CL this year, and they are trying to sell something like 300M Euros of long-term bonds. Smalling is a short term solution, Lovren would have been another significant transfer that would them into positive net spend.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
JK basically squashed any idea of Lovren moving in the presser yesterday. Started talking about last season's Bayern game when 3 of his 4 CBs were injured and he had to start Fabinho there. If he goes it'll be against JK's wishes and that doesn't generally happen. I look forward to seeing Lovren getting a run-out against MK Dons. Assuming he isn't injured. Or ill.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Glad that he is staying.
We have a long long season ahead.
Cant ask for a better 4th choice CB tbh,
Hopefully, we get a good run in cup games where adrian, lovren, Brewster,Elliot, Shaqs all get good game time.
This season, our biggest challenge would he to keep the squad fresh and rotate properly.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Apparently Juve are considering making an offer for Lovren after Chiellini was just ruled out for the season.

Arminius

FSG PR plant

Zoran

Juve still have Bonucci, de Ligt, Rugani and that Demiral, new Turkish CB they bought. Lovren obviously got a few days off, with the international break coming up, perhaps Klopp let him to be ready close to Italy if we agreed something. I was okay with it at the start of summer. But I hope he stays now as we can't bring anyone else in. Next summer.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Arsenal CB Mavropanos is having a medical at Stuttgart at the moment. He was bought by former Arsenal sporting director Mislintat (who is at Stuttgart now).

Makes another loan for Nat Phillips at Stuttgart unlikely.

Could also be a reason why we are thinking about selling Lovren.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Arsenal CB Mavropanos is having a medical at Stuttgart at the moment. He was bought by former Arsenal sporting director Mislintat (who is at Stuttgart now).

Makes another loan for Nat Phillips at Stuttgart unlikely.

Could also be a reason why we are thinking about selling Lovren.
I don't think Phillips impacts on Lovren personally, I think Klopp does see Fabinho as a realistic option at center half.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I don't think Phillips impacts on Lovren personally, I think Klopp does see Fabinho as a realistic option at center half.
For emergency situations (games) yes.

But Fabinho can not be used as a CB in too many training sessions.

Ideally 4 senior CB are needed for training.

Zoran

Pearce mentioned that +1 option in his contract not long ago. Lallana also had it.

Same as I thought, though it increases our chances of at least getting some money for him next summer, when I think he'll (finally) be sold.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Pretty sure its just our way of making sure we get what we want and saying we won't be bent over on the deal. Otherwise why let it out there? We'd just activate it if he was going to be here next year. It actually has me convinced we are looking for a buyer.

rab

I know he's not great and at times he's had some shocking performances but seen too much piss taking and celebrating around his possible departure.

A good servant to the club, an iconic goal in what was possibly the first tentative steps towards us becoming believers in this team and a player not nearly as bad as he's made out to be.

His time has probably come. He's better than being a fourth choice and we should wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.