• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Dejan Lovren (CB) to Zenit, Roma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
If we sell him though who else can our fans be a cunt to?
Apparently Salah. You know the guy instrumental in getting us to two champions league finals winning one (May have won both if he hadn't been purposefully injured as only way to stop him), making us European, world and Premier league champions helping us to 190 points (minimum) over two seasons, created more clear cut chances for others whilst he's been here than anyone else, 1st or 2nd in assists with only Trent possibly beating him and scored more than anyone else in each other the three seasons here (including two league golden boots). But apparently he's not allowed the odd bad game.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Should we ignore his numerous missed chances and kiss his arse.
Until he stops scoring more than anyone else in the side maybe just accept he isn't always going to score? If you can't allow one of the top scorers in the Premier League era miss a few some times maybe expectations are too high? He can have bad games, can acknowledge he has had a bad game, but some of the reactions I've seen tonight are way over the top (not necessarily on here, steer clear of match threads), he should have more than enough credit in the bank.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Until he stops scoring more than anyone else in the side maybe just accept he isn't always going to score? If you can't allow one of the top scorers in the Premier League era miss a few some times maybe expectations are too high? He can have bad games, can acknowledge he has had a bad game, but some of the reactions I've seen tonight are way over the top (not necessarily on here, steer clear of match threads), he should have more than enough credit in the bank.
Calm down Dejan,i claim my £5.

Zoran

On one hand I'm happy, as a Croat, I've had enough of Lovren at Liverpool. Even wish that we just give up on players from the Balkans, or at least for the club to change it's people/scouts/contacts for this part of Europe!

On the other hand, I hope we don't do nothing here. It's a good deal, now let's see what we do with it. Maybe it's also part of a bigger picture plan, we'll see what happens later in the window.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
I will never forget Dortmund Lovren.. This video epitomises you.. Volleys it out of the park to Klopps disdain.. 2mins later.. Bullet header to get the win against all odds.

That was a night that helped turning doubters to believers..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: had forgotten about that volley. He had already smashed it in in his head. Scored the header though! Good luck to him in Russia.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Almost posted in the twitter thread along the lines of “£11m for Lovren is worth a warning off the site team for replying to the twitter thread”

Didn’t though ;)

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I will never forget Dortmund Lovren.. This video epitomises you.. Volleys it out of the park to Klopps disdain.. 2mins later.. Bullet header to get the win against all odds.

That was a night that helped turning doubters to believers..

I was at that game - one of the best nights at Anfield I've had...one heck of an evening.

But at the same time, it clearly showed how much we lacked in the defensive third of the game. Dortmund scored 3 goals - way too many for a match at home. We had Lovren and Sakho as our CB pairing, who both papered over the cracks by scoring the crucial goals. Clyne, Moreno and Mignolet completed the defensive line up.

Its a bit shit on paper, and Lovren is the last of that lot, leaving with a nice collection of medals. Good luck to him I guess!

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I was at that game - one of the best nights at Anfield I've had...one heck of an evening.

But at the same time, it clearly showed how much we lacked in the defensive third of the game. Dortmund scored 3 goals - way too many for a match at home. We had Lovren and Sakho as our CB pairing, who both papered over the cracks by scoring the crucial goals. Clyne, Moreno and Mignolet completed the defensive line up.

Its a bit shit on paper, and Lovren is the last of that lot, leaving with a nice collection of medals. Good luck to him I guess!
Aye, I think thats it with Lovren, a lot of rushes of blood to the head, but his commitment to the cause was absolute, he was a fighter. Probably why Klopp likes him. I wish him well and hope Mo isn't too sad!

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
On one hand I'm happy, as a Croat, I've had enough of Lovren at Liverpool. Even wish that we just give up on players from the Balkans, or at least for the club to change it's people/scouts/contacts for this part of Europe!

On the other hand, I hope we don't do nothing here. It's a good deal, now let's see what we do with it. Maybe it's also part of a bigger picture plan, we'll see what happens later in the window.
I was talking to a mate yesterday, we somehow go to compiling the worst elevens of our respective teams and there were richly deserved starting spots for Marković and Jovanović but Lovren and Bišćan had to settle for places on the bench (funnily enough, that extended team had three Champions League winner medals, haha!). Liverpool scouts should really steer clear of these parts, I think that team would have broken Modrić and Vidić, or Kovačić and Ivanović. Not even Klopp can lift the curse of Balkans (even if our Italian and French transfers have vastly improved since he took over - I know what you're thinking but I'm not letting these two go easily, we were cursed!).

Best of luck to Lovren, though, I can't remember just how many times I simultaneously defended and gave up on him, often within a week. He's a reverse Torres/Suarez in a way: never should have arrived as the first choice, never should have played as much as he has, never had the ability of a top player but leaves as a PL, CL, CWC and Super Cup winner, as well as World Cup and CL runner-up. He'll have some stories to tell to his grandkids, alright! I actually prefer this to Torres leaving emtpy-handed and winning everything at another club.

We'll see what happens with other fringe players, I was going to write in Who Would You Buy thread about how I still think that there will be plenty of money changing hands this summer because that's the nature of football, unfortunately. With Matip's and Gomez' injury history (and Van Dijk get overplayed as well, we shouldn't underestimate that), Klopp should be careful there and not push his luck. Whether it's Fabinho, some kid or a new player, I hope he and his colleagues seriously think it through.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

rupzzz

TIA Regular
And Pearce hasn't squashed the rumour, but is going with it too. It looks likely to happen then. I wonder whom Klopp sees fit to take on his role in the squad.
I guess looking at the current squad options; Fabinho is the emergency 4th choice, unless Van De Berg or Hoever are ready to step up. Nat Philips is also around still, but not seen enough of him.

If we do get the chance to go out, from murmurings, Ben White is one we are interested in, but B&HA have said not for sale. I'd take Nathan Ake if we have a chance, lefty too so could do a shit at LB if needed (although I'd still like to see a left footed fullback/winger type in). Also quite like Mings. Don't think we are about to go and spend a big chunk on anyone though.

I'll just mention that I like Cantwell too - entirely unrelated to this thread, but fk it, Champions do what the want!

Status
Not open for further replies.