Divock Origi (FW) Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
"Liverpool have indicated they may be prepared to let him leave before the transfer window shuts on Thursday night if they can complete the other business they are looking to do."

Best part of the article. I hope there's something to it.

I said earlier on today we're a bit overloaded with strikers, I think we could afford to lose Origi (or Sturridge or Ings for that matter). Shame really that it hasn't worked out for him, might have been different if Funes Mori wasn't such a massive c*nt.

Replacing Origi with a wide player gives the squad a better balance, hopefully that's Klopp's plan if this goes through.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

Agreed is fourth choice, the lad is young has been patient but he isn't going to make the next step at Liverpool, best of luck to the lad if he does go.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Hes so young still and has a pretty decent scoring record for his age, but as others mentioned he's down the peking order and probably best for all parties. Good luck to him, I think he''s going to have a solid career, but I don't think he'll be our Lukaku if you know what I mean.

Jase

"Liverpool have indicated they may be prepared to let him leave before the transfer window shuts on Thursday night if they can complete the other business they are looking to do."

How?.. by not playing him much? That's pure speculation.

Having said that, I'd be ok with it if the price was decent. Don't rate him. He has all the physical attributes to be a success and yet, at 22 which is hardly a baby anymore, virtually none of the mental attributes. Doesn't work hard enough, switches off, no killer instinct. Just my opinion.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin

Best part of the article. I hope there's something to it.

I said earlier on today we're a bit overloaded with strikers, I think we could afford to lose Origi (or Sturridge or Ings for that matter). Shame really that it hasn't worked out for him, might have been different if Funes Mori wasn't such a massive c*nt.

Replacing Origi with a wide players gives the squad a better balance, hopefully that's Klopp's plan if this goes through.
Ironically, for a moment, he was indeed the best Belgian striker on Merseyside - only because both Lukaku and Benteke left... It's a shame, I had high hopes of him but he failed to inspire me with confidence, no drive in his overall game has been worrying me for a while. Then again, this might only be a temporary move, which I wouldn't have any problems with, especially if it was a PL club like, hey, Huddersfield or Bournemouth. However, if he moves on permanently, I hope club can reach an agreement that would include a buy-back clause. Someone could ignite the fire in his belly and turn him into a modern day Drogba - Sturridge and Ings don't look like they will stick around for too long, he might yet have a future here.

As a side note, the article doesn't mention Solanke who's quietly forced his way into first team reckoning and is different to other options at Klopp's disposal. Let's hope our transfer fellas do have a few tricks up their sleeves left, Salah could perhaps play as a false nine when needed but getting someone like Ox/Ziyech should be the second priority for the remainder of this summer after sorting out a centre back.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Hasn't quite kicked on as I would have liked since we signed him, but still a good option to have for cup games and cover for injuries. With Lallana a long term injury, Ings still working his way back and Coutinho saga, I would be disappointed to see him leave without a replacement arriving.

Limiescouse

If we could effectively 'swap' Origi for Ox, I would definitely do it.

I think Solanke has or has very nearly overtaken him already.
I think Solanke has a lower ceiling, but is more likely to reach his. It's early, but he looks to have more to his game at this stage of his development and so would very possibly be more effective for us, even if not as good at his best.

YeGra

I like Origi. He hasn't always fitted in properly but his scoring record for a player who is a bit player for us is pretty impressive. He just hasn't got that cutting edge to be a starter and be consistent enough and bring an all round style to his game.

If he does go I wish him all the best. I don't believe we are that thin for central positions. Firmino, Sturridge Solanke is plenty not to mention Ings.

It's extra wide players we need.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Was looking very good during Klopp's first half season but never developed as he should from there.

Good squad option if we hadn't bought Solanke, but we did, so probably worth moving him on.

Probably for £30m in todays market :well done:

kotsebotse

TIA New Signing
If we're buying another forward (ideally someone that can play all three positions), I'll be ok with selling Origi. If not, I wouldn't sell him because we'll be very thin in attack. After Firmino, Mane, Salah, we have:
Sturridge who is perma injured.
Ings returning after yet another major injury.
Solanke looks very good,but is still young and inexperienced.
Hopefully Coutinho, but...

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Don't have a problem with him going,think we are reasonably fixed at the top,and since Solanke was signed Origi seemed to slip a bit further down the pecking order.
He is a young lad still,and with game time regularly he would be better off.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
I think Solanke has a lower ceiling, but is more likely to reach his. It's early, but he looks to have more to his game at this stage of his development and so would very possibly be more effective for us, even if not as good at his best.
There's a lot to be said for having a forward you can bring on who's not afraid simply to put himself about a bit and try to force something, just as Dom did the other day. Much as I think Origi on paper has all the tools, I don't think he'll ever have the mentality to do that.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Had heard a club or two back in France might be interested in him. Be boss if we can convince Barca to take him for £60m. At this point though, Firmino is bang on the starter, then Sturridge, and Solanke and Ings waiting around as well. When he came on against Watford and basically did fuck all (continuing his form in preseason), that was it for me.

Wish him well, bear him no ill will, but at 22 he's not going to cut it here. Solanke will be five times the player Divo is.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
Bags of potential but struggles a little bit with the application of it, kinda similar to can in my opinion.

Would love to see him fulfill it here but probably needs consistent games. If he stays, he stays. If he goes best of luck.

redfanman

TIA Regular
If he is being allowed to leave if other transfers get done it does make me wonder what deals they would be. Must be someone who covers the forward line - is Origi being considered as an option for the wide forward areas or more centrally? as i'm curious as to which position new signings may offer cover for (i guess a wide player could release Salah or Mane to play centrally in an emergency..

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
If he is being allowed to leave if other transfers get done it does make me wonder what deals they would be. Must be someone who covers the forward line - is Origi being considered as an option for the wide forward areas or more centrally? as i'm curious as to which position new signings may offer cover for (i guess a wide player could release Salah or Mane to play centrally in an emergency..
I think it's more that we're stacked in a position that we only play one of in our system (Firmino - who's rarely if ever injured - Sturridge, Origi, Solanke, Ings) while in other positions we're in need of more depth. At the moment it's hard to see where Origi will get games, even with CL, and without those it's doubtful he'll be able to push on. Catch 22 situation.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
I'd be a bit disappointed if we let Origi leave on a Perm deal. I think every time he has come into the squad and had a run of games for us he has done reasonably well. He certainly has all the tools to make it but he is probably 3rd choice at best for us so it may very well be Origi himself that is pushing for the move.

Would much prefer he went on loan some where this season, played every game and we re-evaluate the situation next summer. If he is to leave with the money going around this window if he left for less than 25 mil I'd be disappointed.

Salahmi

Itd be nice to sneak in a buy back option if he's sold, he may take off elsewhere.
Yes, especially if he leaves for less than £20m, that or a sell on %

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout
The bigger more physically imposing #9s can take a while to develope, as opposed too the lightning quick jitterbugs who look good from the off running around people. But he won't develope if he's not playing. Wouldn't surprise me if his name pops up when he's 26 or 27 somewhere and he's knocking goals in regularly, but he's not what we need now and we're well stocked on attacking talent with potential. Solanke passing him already and they will want to keep a path open for Brewster down the road. Good luck to him if he goes.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I'd be a bit disappointed if we let Origi leave on a Perm deal. I think every time he has come into the squad and had a run of games for us he has done reasonably well. He certainly has all the tools to make it but he is probably 3rd choice at best for us so it may very well be Origi himself that is pushing for the move.

Would much prefer he went on loan some where this season, played every game and we re-evaluate the situation next summer. If he is to leave with the money going around this window if he left for less than 25 mil I'd be disappointed.
The rumour is Marseille are willing to splash £13m on him

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
in this market we should get 20M for him.

I can see Solanke playing a part this season. Sturridge too, if fit. Ings combative desire to keep the ball in the forward line could fill in for Firmino. Another wide player is what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.