Divock Origi (FW) Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
But ffs lower the asking price to something realistic like 12-15m. 27m is is vastly over priced for player even in current market.
Our sporting director trying to flex that muscle of his showing he can sell fringe players as well as he could for our star and key players.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
If he has got two years left then I think its a fair price. £20m with £5m add-ons would be a good deal for Origi.

Have a look at some of the prices of players in less crucial positions who have been in poorer leagues than ours. Goalscorers always go for more. I know our fans like to look down on our players and over hype ones at other clubs but some of the prices below would seem 'fair' but who are they and what have they done to justify them?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/saisontransfers
He's not really much of a goal scorer though

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
I like the lad and had very high hopes for him especially after that hat-trick at Southampton. It was like a weight lifted off his shoulders and he started to believe in his own ability.

But he lost his momentum and his form and never really rediscovered it. The real question is if Klopp can’t get the best out of the lad then who can? He really is talented, there’s no doubt about that for me, but its that top 2 inches where it all seems to fall apart. I think his own cousin recently said as much. This is the lad who scored so nonchalantly against Dortmund in that Europa Cup classic at Anfield after scoring the vital away goal in the earlier leg in Germany.

If this is a last chance for him at Anfield then he really needs to grab it with both hands. If he fails to do that then I don’t think it will just define his Anfield career but also his career moving forward wherever that leads.

Dave-D

Think he deserves one last chance.
His loan last season was stop start with the constant changing of manager and their styles of play etc and he still hit double figures. Keep him around for cup games and sub appearances whilst letting him know it’s now or never. That allows Solanke to go out on loan and get the game time he needs to develop.

OCred

No doubt there will be drama on deadline day. Dunno at this point, can’t believe he would have turned down Wolves, if that was even true. If no buyers, forget loaning him, enough of that. We can see how well that has worked with Lazar.

If no buyers, he trains and try’s to prove himself, but at this point I don’t think if Sturridge starts say a cup game or something, that he will play the entire 90, as we have to treat DS delicately to preserve him. So I could see potential game time for Origi. So personally if we can t sell him, then let’s keep him. No harm really, and he cost us in the 10 - 12mil range way back when.

I guess I am optimistic for the lad. I still remember that cracker of a goal outside the box that he rifled into top right corner, so u know............then again just cause Emre had that goal of a seoson, don’t mean I miss his sorry ass one bit. So if we can sell fine, if not people may come knocking in January.

We are in a win win situation me thinks.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
No doubt there will be drama on deadline day. Dunno at this point, can’t believe he would have turned down Wolves, if that was even true. If no buyers, forget loaning him, enough of that. We can see how well that has worked with Lazar.

If no buyers, he trains and try’s to prove himself, but at this point I don’t think if Sturridge starts say a cup game or something, that he will play the entire 90, as we have to treat DS delicately to preserve him. So I could see potential game time for Origi. So personally if we can t sell him, then let’s keep him. No harm really, and he cost us in the 10 - 12mil range way back when.

I guess I am optimistic for the lad. I still remember that cracker of a goal outside the box that he rifled into top right corner, so u know............then again just cause Emre had that goal of a seoson, don’t mean I miss his sorry ass one bit. So if we can sell fine, if not people may come knocking in January.

We are in a win win situation me thinks.
A win win would have been if he went to Wolves. As it is, staying and forcing us to loan out Solanke... the outcome is still inconclusive.

He seems to think he is a top player, deserving of a top club... instead of showing the desire to become one.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
A win win would have been if he went to Wolves. As it is, staying and forcing us to loan out Solanke... the outcome is still inconclusive.

He seems to think he is a top player, deserving of a top club... instead of showing the desire to become one.
To be honest, he was voted as one of the worst strikers to play in Ligue 1...He should be ashamed of himself...

Sweeting

So we are stuck with a player who will never play for us but we can't sell him because we are over valuing him so nobody is going to waste 27 million on
The club has a good track record on getting value for players we sell. We're a rich enough club to not panic about the wages of squad players which gives us the freedom to be patient when selling.

Saying he will never play is overstating it. He will be a back up instead of Solanke if he stays, you may not like it, but he will be considered an option if no one buys him.

Besides, Origi got the same amount of goals as €50m rated Ante Rebic and more than Robben, Lookman (£28m), Kagawa, Ribery, Pulisic (£80m), Havertz, Yarmolenko (£20m), Coman, Embolo, Gotze and Pjaca in Germany. Also got more goals than Lemar (£63m), Douglas Costa (£36m), Vinicius Jr (£40.5m), Richarlison (£44m), Felipe Anderson (£40m), Pastore (£22m)...

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
To be honest, he was voted as one of the worst strikers to play in Ligue 1...He should be ashamed of himself...
lollollol

What the fuck?

We need one striker to stay until Brewster is fit again at the very least, if that's Origi then so be it. Why anyone gets themselves worked up over this kind of thing is beyond me.

FilthyBloke

I think that’s why I would prefer solanke to go on loan and keep origi. Origi May think he’s better than he is, but he’s not as bad as some make out.
If it would force a loan move for solanke that would always be good for solanke who seems to lack any self belief or confidence and could do with more game time.

Over a season I would still expect origi to score more goals.

OCred

I think that’s why I would prefer solanke to go on loan and keep origi. Origi May think he’s better than he is, but he’s not as bad as some make out.
If it would force a loan move for solanke that would always be good for solanke who seems to lack any self belief or confidence and could do with more game time.

Over a season I would still expect origi to score more goals.
Yes, thanks that exactly my point as well. I have seen enough of Dom, and like I said in prior posts, a Rashford he ain’t. So loan out Dom, or keep or whatever, point being I want to have more options, so having bloated squad players can’t hurt in the dept that we are the lightest as far as front cover. ffs, preseason is preseason.

We are just talking about Origi vs Dom, dunno about some of you, but Origi holds up the ball at least, Dom cannot do this at all and he poses a bigger problem to the rest of the team each time he fails at this. Origi plays his size whereas Dom is more like Hendo, in that in the team lineups on the field, I always point out how tall Hendo is for how small he actually plays. Not a Hendo bash, just pointing out that Origi uses his physicality to his advantage.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
In that Dortmund Europa Cup classic Bobby played behind Origi in a CAM/10 position with Lallana and Coutinho outside. Plenty of potential options there with our current squad. The rest is down to Origi ......... and Klopp.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
lollollol

What the fuck?

We need one striker to stay until Brewster is fit again at the very least, if that's Origi then so be it. Why anyone gets themselves worked up over this kind of thing is beyond me.
I think the issue is more that we activity trying to sell him but still over valuing him so that we can't sell him. Would prefer solanke to stay has I think he offers us more than origi who basically gives us nothing unless of coarse constantly losing the ball is a good thing .

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
^ Another chance ? Origi is our new Mignolet or what ? He was shit in pre-season.
Really not sure what there is to compare with Mignolet. Origi is a striker, Mignolet is a goalkeeper. Mignolet has played 200 games for the club, Origi has played 77 games. Mignolet is 30 and nearing the end of his top level career, Origi is 23 and still at the beginning of his career. Apart from that the similarities are remarkable. :think:

redfanman

TIA Regular
I think the issue is more that we activity trying to sell him but still over valuing him so that we can't sell him. Would prefer solanke to stay has I think he offers us more than origi who basically gives us nothing unless of coarse constantly losing the ball is a good thing .
If we are actively trying to sell teams will lowball, starting from a high price increases the likelihood of getting a reasonable price if meeting in between.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Besides, Origi got the same amount of goals as €50m rated Ante Rebic and more than Robben, Lookman (£28m), Kagawa, Ribery, Pulisic (£80m), Havertz, Yarmolenko (£20m), Coman, Embolo, Gotze and Pjaca in Germany. Also got more goals than Lemar (£63m), Douglas Costa (£36m), Vinicius Jr (£40.5m), Richarlison (£44m), Felipe Anderson (£40m), Pastore (£22m)...
Which is why I said £27m fee is reasonable, the difference is to find the right buyer and ability to convince the buyer to part £27m for him. So far 2 for 2 failed to agree to the price, something does not add up. Just because Wolfsburg bitch about his attitude does not mean it's true, Wolfsburg themselves have ulterior motives to drive the price down.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Here’s what Origi can do .....

If Klopp could get him doing that again then we’d have a real asset on our hands. Its a big IF of course but if he’s going to be hanging around until at least January anyway well .......

I’d stick him in the U23s to start off with and take it from there.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Brad Smith, Jordan Ibe, Danny Ings, Kev Stewart, Benteke. All of those players were sold for more than they were worth. Even Origi himself pulled in a ridiculous £6 million loan fee from Wolfsburg.

There is absolutely no sense in being worked up over our inability to sell a fringe player, not since this is in an area in which we've actually improved in recent years. This will happen occasionally if we keep driving a hard bargain, surely that's the price worth paying so we're not seen as a soft touch anymore?

On balance I'd prefer Solanke too but it's not a debate I would think anybody would feel strongly about either way. Will that make a significant difference to our season? Almost certainly not, they won't even make the bench most weeks.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Here’s what Origi can do .....

If Klopp could get him doing that again then we’d have a real asset on our hands. Its a big IF of course but if he’s going to be hanging around until at least January anyway well .......

I’d stick him in the U23s to start off with and take it from there.
And Ryan babel scored a cracker against Chelsea

Its his overall play which is crap. People bang on about his great run which was ruined by injury. He scored about something like 6 goals in 7 gameswhich looks good on paper but his overall game play was terrible. Years later that still hasn't improved. I just can't see him with any chance of making it here

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Brad Smith, Jordan Ibe, Danny Ings, Kev Stewart, Benteke. All of those players were sold for more than they were worth. Even Origi himself pulled in a ridiculous £6 million loan fee from Wolfsburg.

There is absolutely no sense in being worked up over our inability to sell a fringe player, not since this is in an area in which we've actually improved in recent years. This will happen occasionally if we keep driving a hard bargain, surely that's the price worth paying so we're not seen as a soft touch anymore?

On balance I'd prefer Solanke too but it's not a debate I would think anybody would feel strongly about either way. Will that make a significant difference to our season? Almost certainly not, they won't even make the bench most weeks.
True and tbh can't argue much with that

redfanman

TIA Regular
Which is why I said £27m fee is reasonable, the difference is to find the right buyer and ability to convince the buyer to part £27m for him. So far 2 for 2 failed to agree to the price, something does not add up. Just because Wolfsburg bitch about his attitude does not mean it's true, Wolfsburg themselves have ulterior motives to drive the price down.
Would think Dortmund wouldn't be interested in anyone with a questionable attitude too

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
And Ryan babel scored a cracker against Chelsea

Its his overall play which is crap. People bang on about his great run which was ruined by injury. He scored about something like 6 goals in 7 gameswhich looks good on paper but his overall game play was terrible. Years later that still hasn't improved. I just can't see him with any chance of making it here

Yep, and clearly Klopp has come to a similar conclusion to you (and others) although I doubt he thinks Origi is ‘crap’. But as ILLOK keeps pointing out its not worth getting worked up over the fact that he’s going to be here until January at the earliest.

I just think that the lad has real ability and its between his ears where it all goes wrong. He’s throwing his career away.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Brad Smith, Jordan Ibe, Danny Ings, Kev Stewart, Benteke. All of those players were sold for more than they were worth.
We bought Benteke more than what he's worth... so can't use him as an example. Ings not sure yet because he's still on loan and not sold yet. The rest yeah, most youngsters sold would probably be worth more than their price tag these days.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
So what you're saying is he was sold twice, in the space of a year, for more than he was worth?
Can’t go saying we sold a player more than what he’s worth while we didn’t buy him for more than what he is supposed to be worth too while he price tag were the identical. One thing to find ways to defend our club it’s anothet to simply find narratives to suit one’s cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.