Divock Origi (FW) Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Lets just play it again, for the postmodernists:

I don't know what you are trying to prove/show? It's a bad tackle/deliberate foul. See several like that every season they aren't good but also aren't rare. It was only bad enough to keep him out a couple of weeks (including fitness and conditioning). Physically there's nothing special to this. Especially not enough to destroy a potential career. If it's what killed his motivation/mojo or passion for the game because he thought "ooo I don't fancy that much" then his career trajectory is on him and him alone. He was always going to get a challenge like that at some point in his career.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Also think some posters like @Hope in your heart are stuck in the past regarding valuations. That asking price (not price, our starting point for negotiations) isn't much anymore. You've got championship players being bought for 20 million these days.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
At one point, he had relegated Lukaku on the bench of the Belgium side... But Funes-Mori's tackle brought forward something fragile in Divock. Drogba has been injured too, but he was one hell of a character and came always back from it, seemingly better than before. I don't know if Origi can come back from these set-backs, but you never know in football...

Bottom-line for me is that if Klopp values him at 27m, he must see something in him that many others can't see anymore. And I tend to trust Klopp's judgment... :-)
Klopp doesn't set the players value though

Status
Not open for further replies.