• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Divock Origi (FW) Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Goal.com who quote Daily Telegraph say Spuds want Origi then you read the Telegraph article and it says they may be interested as they were previously interested in him. Now that's a none story if I've ever heard one lol

If it was AOC in and Origi out I'd take that as AOC can cover more positions and Origi hasn't managed to find the from he had before Funes Mori broke him.
DA for DO,although i'd take Eriksen.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
We should send him out on loan to Newcastle. Keeps him in the Premier league in order to develop... They are under powered up front... Helps rafa out... Win Win Win scenario
If Chelsea go for Llorente, I'd send him to Swansea for 12 months as he will get plenty of game time there

Maggot_Birdy

TIA New Signing
Young or not his performances have been better than Origi's since he's been at the club. Why would the manager not pick a better performing player just because he's 3 years younger?
What performances?In the pre-season?
Lol
Unless Solanke can have 1,5-year performances of the same level as Origi's in 2016 and half of 2017, then the claim that he is better is just over-inflated expectations and fantasies

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
What performances?In the pre-season?
lol
Unless Solanke can have 1,5-year performances of the same level as Origi's in 2016 and half of 2017, then the claim that he is better is just over-inflated expectations and fantasies
Yes, pre season.

Early 2016 was a long time ago, his performances since then have been sub-par. I say this as a fan of the player, somebody who spent a long time talking him up. If Origi was still in that form then we wouldn't be having this conversation. He is not.

Origi didn't play well for half of 2017, not sure what you're on about.

Laugh all you want, it's not me who has been picking Solanke ahead of Origi in the last few games is it?

zman89

What a pity, he was starting to play very well until that twat injured him in the derby. Still think there's a player in there, but his style is too different from Firmino and if I was to bring someone on I'd much rather Sturridge or Solanke. The thing is, we are essentialy gambling on Daniel staying fit as an injury to Firmino would mean Solanke as a starter.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Either he or Sturridge, and now that Klopp has more faith in Solanke, I guess he will be moving on.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Yes, pre season.

Early 2016 was a long time ago, his performances since then have been sub-par. I say this as a fan of the player, somebody who spent a long time talking him up. If Origi was still in that form then we wouldn't be having this conversation. He is not.

Laugh all you want, it's not me who has been picking Solanke ahead of Origi in the last few games is it?
I think its fair to say a little more, that he hasn't looked the same player since he was nastily kicked.

Limiescouse

Solanke is 20 in 3 weeks.

Young or not his performances have been better than Origi's since he's been at the club. Why would the manager not pick a better performing player just because he's 3 years younger?

Sturridge is second behind Firmino anyway, not Solanke.
Generally I would say to not read too much into the selections the first couple of weeks, but when needing a goal Klopp turned to Solanke with 25 minutes to go. That is a player, regardless of youth and inexperience, that is now clearly in the plans. And at least on the day, ahead of Origi. Not only do we not need both, but it would probably be to the detriment of one or both to keep them both. I still have hope for Origi, so maybe a one year loan to a decent side like Monaco (who might soon need another forward) would make sense for all parties.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Generally I would say to not read too much into the selections the first couple of weeks, but when needing a goal Klopp turned to Solanke with 25 minutes to go. That is a player, regardless of youth and inexperience, that is now clearly in the plans. And at least on the day, ahead of Origi. Not only do we not need both, but it would probably be to the detriment of one or both to keep them both. I still have hope for Origi, so maybe a one year loan to a decent side like Monaco (who might soon need another forward) would make sense for all parties.
Interesting that as soon as the rumours emerge of Divock going on loan etc, then the more I feel that we should keep him...

But yes, as others have said, he's behind Firminho, Studge and currently Solanke - all fighting for possibly only 1 place.

Also theres the kid Brewster who's surely be making some 1st team appearances this season.

But I still don't want Divock to go.... I mean I'll really miss that creative chant we have for him.

Maggot_Birdy

TIA New Signing
Yes, pre season.

I don't know what is going on in the trainings, so i don't know why Klopp is not picking him. Probably he is not in great shape.

But suggesting that his current not-so-great state is enough to discard him permanently and place Solanke, for whom the only input we have is U20 and the preseason games, ahead of him, is at least a frivolous or unwise judgment.

If one is to be loaned out, that's Solanke to a Premier League side, in order to mature and get games.
And if one is to be sold that's definetely Sturidge, who is 27 right now, and, on the top of his injury record, he cannot be relied upon, he hasn't shown the character half of Liverpool's XI did last season..

StEtiennesLeftBoot

Back where we belong :-)
I don't know what is going on in the trainings, so i don't know why Klopp is not picking him. Probably he is not in great shape.

But suggesting that his current not-so-great state is enough to discard him permanently and place Solanke, for whom the only input we have is U20 and the preseason games, ahead of him, is at least a frivolous or unwise judgment.

If one is to be loaned out, that's Solanke to a Premier League side, in order to mature and get games.
And if one is to be sold that's definetely Sturidge, who is 27 right now, and, on the top of his injury record, he cannot be relied upon, he hasn't shown the character half of Liverpool's XI did last season..
Hmmm Solanke probably deserves a run from the bench..Did we buy him to loan him out? I don't think so...Klopp has apparently stated that Origi should not go permanently.. Frivolous?Unwise? Oh ye of little faith... Ther's a master plan taking place here - all will become clear at the end of the transfer window.. (hopefully please God...)

Kazemagicsg

The best is yet to come ⚽ 6 times cl wins
very likely he will go out on loan if cannot get game time. klopp do not want to lose him permanently

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

Is name in the real world Divock by any chance ?

Limiescouse

But the reality is that, as of now, Solanke is ahead of him. And it is not just a case of a kid filling out a place on the bench. Yesterday he made the bench while Origi did not. AGainst Palace, with us chasing the game Solanke was given near 30 minutes.

On any given game we will have at least 2, but likely 3 of Origi, Sturridge, Solanke and Ings not even on the bench. For Ings, given his injury history, that is an acceptable position. For Origi, currently only 3rd in line that group, it isnt. A 12 month loan to a side like Monaco or Red Bull would make more sense than him wasting a season in a club suit in the stands.

Maggot_Birdy

TIA New Signing
For Origi, currently only 3rd in line that group, it isnt. A 12 month loan to a side like Monaco or Red Bull would make more sense than him wasting a season in a club suit in the stands.
It's the other way round. That's what you do with a U20 player like Solanke in order to develop..

But, anyway there is no point in this discussion. Let's see how the transfer window closes

Ron Swanson

If the rumours are to be believed and Monaco are interested in Origi then use in part exchange and cash for Lemar (£65M plus Origi) that should get the deal agreed.

nikz200

If the rumours are to be believed and Monaco are interested in Origi then use in part exchange and cash for Lemar (£65M plus Origi) that should get the deal agreed.
I heard recently on a video that part exchanges are not done so often now because of agent fees. Apparently the agents of the players have to share the fee from the deal of a part exchange and they are not keen on that idea as it stops them from earning maximum so i dont think part exchange will happen.

I think we either sell origi if this lemar thing is happening, or we keep him and rotate our squad. No loaning him out. If heaven forbid, Mane or Salah get injured we will need to rotate and with Lallana and Hendos well documented injury problems i think even keeping Coutinho means he will need to play where those two usually would with Can anchoring the midfield. I dont think its as clear as Solanke or Origi, its a matter of who is available when. Origis ability to play on the wing is important for now. We need him as a squad player if nothing else given all these matches we are going to have. Caraboo cup and UCL and Prem matches. Our squad isnt that big that we can just sell players who would play vital roles in squad rotation.

Robot Phobia

I heard recently on a video that part exchanges are not done so often now because of agent fees. Apparently the agents of the players have to share the fee from the deal of a part exchange and they are not keen on that idea as it stops them from earning maximum so i dont think part exchange will happen.

I think we either sell origi if this lemar thing is happening, or we keep him and rotate our squad. No loaning him out. If heaven forbid, Mane or Salah get injured we will need to rotate and with Lallana and Hendos well documented injury problems i think even keeping Coutinho means he will need to play where those two usually would with Can anchoring the midfield. I dont think its as clear as Solanke or Origi, its a matter of who is available when. Origis ability to play on the wing is important for now. We need him as a squad player if nothing else given all these matches we are going to have. Caraboo cup and UCL and Prem matches. Our squad isnt that big that we can just sell players who would play vital roles in squad rotation.
if lemar does sign for us. origi will most the one who will most likely be out of the team. as for rotational needs, we still have kent, woodburn, wilson who need the game time to develop. given the nature of origi's development, it would be a bigger risk to continue with him as compared to giving the 3 youngsters game time to devlop

the Bull

Don't Panic :P
If he is to be loaned out, I'd prefer a Premier League side. No to France. Germany 2nd choice and Spain 3rd. Rather it be a loan just till the January window in case Sturridge goes down. I actually fancy a loan to Soton for him. He can easily take Austin's or Long's spot coming in as an impact sub and Gabbiadini hasn't and won't make a double-digit goal tally, he's vulnerable to a challenge that neither Austin or Long will give. Two 0-0, those 3 against the Hammers are a blip. He'd be a good fit there.

Still rather him staying, though (unless we get Lemar).

Ron Swanson

Very good points but his father has come out and is trying for him to push for a move as he wants more game time which in the earlier stages doesn't seem he will be getting much of, agreed it is going to be a long season and we need to try and keep as many players especially versatile ones as possible but selling him to Monaco or player plus cash could be the best option for all parties as Monaco are seeking a striker and origin is one they fancy.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Thread title updated to reflect the reported (L'Equipe) interest from Marseille.

This one could make sense for all parties. He looks the most disposable of all our strikers - Firmino is the established No. 1 (playing out of his skin), Solanke has moved ahead of him, Sturridge looks revitalised and content playing a role his body can handle, and Ings is only going to get scrap value now.

Origi is a decent player, probably not best fit for Klopp. He will do really well for the right team. Liverpool can shift a £25m asset that has little chance of getting a game.

I think a deal worth 25m would get this done.

Etipafilaf

"If we want, this can be a real special day."
I think it's easy to forget how good Divock has been whenever he gets a consistent run in the side, building confidence along the way.

But, then, that's the problem isn't it?

And the only reason I would be ok to see him go, loan only though.

Paul Russell

I personally like this boy, he has a great player in him but just needs game time. With glass Sturridge its a risk to let him go, but he needs to develop so maybe take a risk with a loan and a recall option inserted. I don't think we should give up on him just yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.