• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Divock Origi (FW) Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
i actually would be happy for him and Newcastle and rafa to get Origi. He would be good for them. I don't mind selling him to Newcastle because well I think Solanke has taken his place. His growth has stalled lately and I do agree that he might not be the best fit for Klopp's system playing regularly in the future even if he does great on loan somewhere and gets better. I think he however will be a better fit with Rafa style of play.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
i actually would be happy for him and Newcastle and rafa to get Origi. He would be good for them. I don't mind selling him to Newcastle because well I think Solanke has taken his place. His growth has stalled lately and I do agree that he might not be the best fit for Klopp's system playing regularly in the future even if he does great on loan somewhere and gets better. I think he however will be a better fit with Rafa style of play.
I doubt he gets sold, loan is perfect. If he makes the step up he would come back and replace Sturridge next summer me thinks.

Zoran

Guardian: Any deal (Gayle's possible departure) would be contingent on the arrival of at least one replacement. Benítez is very interested in the possibility of taking Divock Origi on loan from Liverpool and also wants to borrow the winger, Kenedy from Chelsea. Newcastle may also buy Vidar Orn Kjartansson, the Iceland striker, from Maccabi Tel Aviv but Origi remains their principal target.

Matters are complicated by the Belgian proving a man in demand across Europe, with Marseille also big admirers of a player Jürgen Klopp wants to see being deployed as a first choice forward at whichever club ends up signing him for the season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/29/newcastle-rafael-benitez-sell-dwight-gayle

nikz200

Loan to Wolfsburg? Might be interesting for his development, i like it better than him playing for spurs or any other team in our division. I really feel Origi still has alot to show and i hope he comes back stronger from the loan experience. If we do sell him at deadline day , i suppose it just has to be accepted given the fact that we are trying for the Ox and maybe 1 other player.

Herb

I think that would be a great move for him, he'd suit that league very well and is likely to be the starting striker.

NYRhockey

I would prefer he stays in the PL but in a bottom-half team that is of not threat to us. He can't play against us but he can play against our direct rivals and help steal points for us :)

gr_sounder

I personally like this boy, he has a great player in him but just needs game time. With glass Sturridge its a risk to let him go, but he needs to develop so maybe take a risk with a loan and a recall option inserted. I don't think we should give up on him just yet...
Just because someone is a great player .... doesn't make them suitable for every team. It's entirely possible that he just doesn't work out for us... that doesn't mean he can't be a great player somewhere else.

I have no strong feelings for or against Origi. At times I think he's been great....a t times I've wondered what the heck he was doing out there. I hope this loan works out for him.... I really do. I'd love to see him back here playing for us after a successful loan, but something tells me he just doesn't work out here.

Mystryman01

Loan fee is reported to be around £6m, roughly the same as the premium we paid for Keita
Needs a full season playing as a 1st choice striker, could come back and replace Sturridge if he does well the following season

Livvy

Alles wird gut
I think that would be a great move for him, he'd suit that league very well and is likely to be the starting striker.
no he isn`t , they have Mario Gomez. But I think as well he would have a good time there.

JaySlice

Hope something can get sorted for Origi today. You hear him in interviews he sounds like he's switched on but he hasnt really progressed at all. Best thing for him is game time elsewhere

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Can't see him ever coming back now. Not good enough for where we are hopefully heading.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
That's done then. Future discussion in either the loan watch or the player thread.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Opened thread based on comments by his agent:

Now Origi is looking to move on elsewhere, according to his agent.

“For me it was a mistake for Divock to go to Wolfsburg,” his agent said in an interview with Turkish outlet A Spor. “Klopp will now make a decision on him. If he wants him to stay, then Divock will stay or if he wants him to leave then Divock will leave.

“We are not looking to leave on loan again. We want to go a team that has made plans for him. In that regard, we’ve also spoke with Besiktas.”

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
If we could get £10-15m for him worth doing I'd say. I had high hopes for the lad but we've progressed since he came in and he hasn't, so parting of the way is probably best for both parties.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
If we could get £10-15m for him worth doing I'd say. I had high hopes for the lad but we've progressed since he came in and he hasn't, so parting of the way is probably best for both parties.
In today's market I think we should still be able to get £20 million but yeah agreed. Sad didn't work out but time for him to move on.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
Absolutely nothing against the lad however at this point i would like to think we've surpassed the point where he could be a 'good squad option' for us and his sale can help fund some players who will help us compete at a consistent level throughout the season without such a drop off in quality.

Good luck to him, hope he has a successful career, just don't think it will be with us.

zman89

I expect at the very least 20 million for him. We got 6 million for a year's loan ffs. I expect to raise something approaching 40 million for him and Ings. That could get us a decent replacement for them.

Zinedine Biscan

I expect at the very least 20 million for him. We got 6 million for a year's loan ffs. I expect to raise something approaching 40 million for him and Ings. That could get us a decent replacement for them.
Honestly think you'll need to temper your expectations then. Imagine we'd get at most £30m for the pair.

I wonder how Wolfsburg feel having paid £1m per goal? lol

zman89

Honestly think you'll need to temper your expectations then. Imagine we'd get at most £30m for the pair.

I wonder how Wolfsburg feel having paid £1m per goal? lol
No chance in hell we'll get less than 10 million for Ings mate. PL clubs would be in for him and 10 million doesn't get you a striker in the championship, never mind a premier league level one. Same thing applies for Origi, the difference is Origi is still 23 and can improve considerably.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Think £15 is the least we should expect (we got that for Ibe and although there's an English premium Origi is a lot more established and useful) and £25 the most we could hope for. Ings as an English talent with decent enough experience I'd be shocked at less than £10 million and pleasantly surprised if we got £20 million. So my uneducated guess is somewhere between £25 and £45 million as a realistic range. We've been quite good at getting value on our sales recently so around £35 million would be my prediction for the two.

MW2833

I remember when this guy led Liverpool to the Europa league final:((

Zinedine Biscan

No chance in hell we'll get less than 10 million for Ings mate. PL clubs would be in for him and 10 million doesn't get you a striker in the championship, never mind a premier league level one. Same thing applies for Origi, the difference is Origi is still 23 and can improve considerably.
I agree we'll get £10m for Ings and Origi will be, at the absolute max, £20m. That's £30m.

To get to your £40m you're going to be looking at either £20m apiece, or £15m for Ings and £25m for Origi, which I cannot see happening in either case.

Dave-D

I agree we'll get £10m for Ings and Origi will be, at the absolute max, £20m. That's £30m.

To get to your £40m you're going to be looking at either £20m apiece, or £15m for Ings and £25m for Origi, which I cannot see happening in either case.
Wouldn’t be surprised if a bidding war between the bottom half of the table didn’t start if Ings was available. WBA want at least 24 million supposedly for Rodriquez with Bournemouth and Burnley leading the chase, so a 20 million ball park figure wouldn’t be unrealistic for Ings but some of that maybe made up of clauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.