Divock Origi (FW) Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Wouldn’t be surprised if a bidding war between the bottom half of the table didn’t start if Ings was available. WBA want at least 24 million supposedly for Rodriquez with Bournemouth and Burnley leading the chase, so a 20 million ball park figure wouldn’t be unrealistic for Ings but some of that maybe made up of clauses.
The guy's been injured for most of the past two years, the latest the fourth serious knee injury of his career, and has 4 goals over the past three seasons. He seems like a cracking lad but I think any buyers are going to have serious concerns at this point in time.

Dave-D

The guy's been injured for most of the past two years, the latest the fourth serious knee injury of his career, and has 4 goals over the past three seasons. He seems like a cracking lad but I think any buyers are going to have serious concerns at this point in time.
Rodriquez has had his injury problems as well. Done his cruciate and spent over a season out and half a season with an ankle injury. If your a bottom half of the table side Ings would be a risk worth taking especially if he kept you in the league

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Rodriquez has had his injury problems as well. Done his cruciate and spent over a season out and half a season with an ankle injury. If your a bottom half of the table side Ings would be a risk worth taking especially if he kept you in the league
In Rodriguez's case though he can at least point to a 42-game season in which he reached double-figures. And there's also a difference between seeking £24m and actually receiving that amount. They may do, but I still think he represents less of a gamble on fitness than Ings.

Red over the water

I think Origi is worth £20M or more. If he had shown more hunger and desire he’d be a £50M player as all the physical gifts are there. At 23 he could yet significantly improve. I would imagine we will get £20M or more.

Ings is different. Ironicanilly if Origi had half this lad’s heart we’d be in business. Before two big injuries he was a decent squad man for us, or a fair to middling Prem striker who would score goals but not be a main man at a top six side. He deserves enormous credit for battling back to play. I’d say he’s worth £10M or so.

The bottom line is any player is worth what someone is willing to give you for them, but that’s my best guess on their values.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I think Origi is worth £20M or more. If he had shown more hunger and desire he’d be a £50M player as all the physical gifts are there. At 23 he could yet significantly improve. I would imagine we will get £20M or more.

Ings is different. Ironicanilly if Origi had half this lad’s heart we’d be in business. Before two big injuries he was a decent squad man for us, or a fair to middling Prem striker who would score goals but not be a main man at a top six side. He deserves enormous credit for battling back to play. I’d say he’s worth £10M or so.

The bottom line is any player is worth what someone is willing to give you for them, but that’s my best guess on their values.
With Ings, it really depends on how the dominos start to topple, and a few moves around the bottom half could create the circumstances for a bidding war.

It would be lovely to get £20m, but a major concern should be what Danny wants. He needs football, and I'd be up for taking a bit less if it's the right club for him.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Hopefully club can get something in 10-15 million pounds region for him. Just find the lad a new club where he'll be appreciated, motivated and where the tactics will be more in line with his qualities. It's a shame he doesn't realise that he has everything to become a feared prospect for many defences out there but I guess that his character isn't really one of a driven individual. No real shame in that, not everyone is Sanchez or Suarez, and he'll probably come into his own as he ages and gains more experience and learns how to utilise his physical qualities better.

JMac8

In Rodriguez's case though he can at least point to a 42-game season in which he reached double-figures. And there's also a difference between seeking £24m and actually receiving that amount. They may do, but I still think he represents less of a gamble on fitness than Ings.
He’s also a better footballer

JMac8

With Ings, it really depends on how the dominos start to topple, and a few moves around the bottom half could create the circumstances for a bidding war.

It would be lovely to get £20m, but a major concern should be what Danny wants. He needs football, and I'd be up for taking a bit less if it's the right club for him.
How can he possibly be worth £20m? Seems a great character but injury prone and technically limited. Is £20m now the starting price for a young but unproven PL striker? I’d take £5-10m and wish him all the best

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
How can he possibly be worth £20m? Seems a great character but injury prone and technically limited. Is £20m now the starting price for a young but unproven PL striker? I’d take £5-10m and wish him all the best
I think £20m was the offer we had for him last Christmas or the year before

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
I feel his value is around 12M.

He is 23 and bottom line is he is a player that has not furfilled his potential. He is now a pro with over 200 games who lets face it has been on a dowarward trajectory now for over 2 years.

Transfers are all about risk. It would be a huge gamble for any club buying him thinking they could turn him around. At this point in time his value is no greater than Ings.

If I was a bottom half club and had the choice of Ings or Origi...I would go for Ings. I accept others will have different views in this but it’s not automatically one or the other, which really reflects the risk and the value of him.

Let’s not forget he is also entering last year of contract.

won it at-a-turk stadium

TIA Regular Simpsons quoter
I would take Origi as cover over Ings. As much as work rate and heart come into play, I feel Origi has a bit more pace to break on the counter and make runs in behind and x-factor enough to trouble defences.

Can't be getting caught up in "he's a nice guy" things with keeping players like Ings.

PaulRoJo

League thirst since 1990? Temporarily quenched!
Ings has hardly played in years. Origi at least gets in the pitch. Origi may fetch a similar amount to Ings (15m) but that's largely because he is more likely to go to a continental club rather than Ings who surely will be more likely to appeal to a cashed up English side. Sell them both and use the circa 30m toward someone better than Solanke.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I feel his value is around 12M.

He is 23 and bottom line is he is a player that has not furfilled his potential. He is now a pro with over 200 games who lets face it has been on a dowarward trajectory now for over 2 years.

Transfers are all about risk. It would be a huge gamble for any club buying him thinking they could turn him around. At this point in time his value is no greater than Ings.

If I was a bottom half club and had the choice of Ings or Origi...I would go for Ings. I accept others will have different views in this but it’s not automatically one or the other, which really reflects the risk and the value of him.

Let’s not forget he is also entering last year of contract.
Ings has spent most of the last few years injured with the kind of injuries that can plague him again further down the line. He's also played a fair bit for a team that scores for fun with only one goal to show for it this season. Origi might have been disappointing this year but the team he was loaned to were too. Always hard to know what's on the player or the team in that situation. He's also at one point been an incredibly hyped player with potential to lead the line at some point for a club like us. I think Origi will have better suitors especially in Europe. Being English makes Ings a good gamble for lower to mid table prem teams but that's about it.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
But do we really care ?

The point made is that he is a very high risk purchase. To such an extent he is even comparable to Ings. One has a weak body, the other a weak mentality. Ings may appeal to English sides, Origi French and German sides but at the end of the day because they are high risks they are not going to command a high fees. Objectively if Origi played for say Arsenal, there would be a meltdown if Klopp was going to pay 20M for him. No one will pay that sort of fee. They would be mad.

Any transfer with either Origi or Ings will be highly performance based, and I am not confident either would achieve the milestones.

Origi has had poor form for long periods for three separate clubs, in three separate leagues. He had a great season when he broke into the Belgium team, then a shit season after we signed and loaned him back. After a slow start he really good 4 month period in his first season here, then got injured. The following season he was poor. He has now had a poor season in Germany.

We may look at him with rose tinted glasses, but objectively not many clubs would see him as a player they would like to invest in.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Both Origi and Ings are probably better than most strikers outside the established top six. There are not many goals down there.

Outside the top six, only Vardy, Arnautovic and Murray got more than ten. I think there would be plenty of interest from the mid/lower table teams.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Both Origi and Ings are probably better than most strikers outside the established top six. There are not many goals down there.

Outside the top six, only Vardy, Arnautovic and Murray got more than ten. I think there would be plenty of interest from the mid/lower table teams.
That's why i think both could get £15mil to £20mil.. In a world that Arnautovic is being banded as a £50mil target for Utd.. It's not unrealistic at all.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
That's why i think both could get £15mil to £20mil.. In a world that Arnautovic is being banded as a £50mil target for Utd.. It's not unrealistic at all.
Arnautovic has always been highly rated though hasnt he - he just had question marks about his attitude.

Limiescouse

Arnautovic has always been highly rated though hasnt he - he just had question marks about his attitude.
He has always been known to be talented, but the difference between players who is good enough for Stoke and those who are good enough for Utd is often application as much as it is talent. On his day he has the talent to give even the best defenses hell. He just cannot find that level of performance remotely often enough to be anything more than a midtable player.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Although many Liverpool fans rate him, I don’t think it is widely shared. Take the recent Belgium squad.

He is not going to the World Cup, instead The have room for the likes of Benteke who has been woeful this season and scored 3 goals for Crystal Palace and Chadli who has played 4 games for WBA.

Since that injury 2015/2016 season he has never recaptured his form.

YeGra

Although many Liverpool fans rate him, I don’t think it is widely shared. Take the recent Belgium squad.

He is not going to the World Cup, instead The have room for the likes of Benteke who has been woeful this season and scored 3 goals for Crystal Palace and Chadli who has played 4 games for WBA.

Isn't that because he was injured for two seasons and by the time he came back our fabled front 3 was too good plus Firmino never gets injured?

If he had more game time, Ings would be a solid starter for an aspiring midtable team. That surely lands you 20M in today's market where a top 6 solid starting striker is 60M.

Origi, I agree is more a 12M striker plus maybe add ons.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Not sure the Belgian squad proves anything. They didn't pick the lad at Roma, arguably one of the best midfielders in the world today.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Update. BEnteke no longer in the squad.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I think people are a bit harsh on Origi, especially looking at his last season:
  • Going to a new league, new language, new culture.
  • Finding himself in a club with a huge lot of instability and internal plots.
  • Having muscular problems right at the start of the new season, making his integration in the team more difficult.
  • Going through three managers.
  • In a permanent battle against relegation, within a team struggling to create many chances.
  • Scoring six goals and making two assists in a league which is strong, make no mistakes about that. A goal in the Bundesliga is every bit as much of value as in the PL.
  • Then one goal and one assist in the two all-important play-off games for Bundesliga survival, thus playing a big part in helping them to stay in the league.
Looking at this, I wouldn't dismiss him yet, not at all. He might not be genuine leader-material, but what he has had to go through this season has been truly shit. Anyone would have struggled if confronted with it I reckon, especially as it was quite unexpected.

Then again, I trust Klopp to make the right call on him, whether it's keeping him or letting him go. Let's see how it goes.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I think that Origi could have helped us more than Ings and Solanke combined last season. With that i mean that he would be better in numbers (minutes and starts, goals and assists) than the both. There were some games were our Front3 needed a rest but Klopp still played them because Ings wasn't fit yet and Solanke just wasn't ready - that could have been the games Origi could have started.

I would go so far to say that Ings and Solanke still did not reach the level of Origi during his bad times here.

However, i think Klopp decided that Origi has no future at liverpool.

Some Premier League teams will pay more than ₤20m for him. Marseille, Lyon or Monaco are possible destinations for him. Maybe Leipzig will be interested if they sell Werner.

Limiescouse

I think people are a bit harsh on Origi, especially looking at his last season:.
I don't disagree entirely, but there comes a point in a lad's career where you have to rise above the extenuating circumstances. As it is, since the last world cup where he first appeared on people's radar he has about 6 months of performance that points to why he was getting in that side.

UpTheReds

I don't disagree entirely, but there comes a point in a lad's career where you have to rise above the extenuating circumstances. As it is, since the last world cup where he first appeared on people's radar he has about 6 months of performance that points to why he was getting in that side.
But is that point your age 22 season on loan? I don't think it is.

Origi would be smart to voice his desire to stay and fight for a place and hope he can learn to find the back of the net in the next year. I don't think he's going to get a big wage offer from someone else right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.