Divock Origi (FW) Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Amazing how 67% of Liverpool fans on another site were happy to have Shaquiri at LFC when he came from a relegated Stoke. However don't want Origi who helped his team stay in the division under a year of turmoil and 3 managers. He is a much better player than Solanke and Ings for that matter. He is also a fitter option than Sturridge.
Doesn't matter if stoke where relegated. They have had two poor managers and an awful squad. How does the player fit and is he available at a reasonable price is all that matters?

Rabalac1978

"Liverpool have indicated they may be prepared to let him leave before the transfer window shuts on Thursday night if they can complete the other business they are looking to do."

Best part of the article. I hope there's something to it.

I said earlier on today we're a bit overloaded with strikers, I think we could afford to lose Origi (or Sturridge or Ings for that matter). Shame really that it hasn't worked out for him, might have been different if Funes Mori wasn't such a massive c*nt.

Replacing Origi with a wide player gives the squad a better balance, hopefully that's Klopp's plan if this goes through.
Origi has just not been able to produce the goods. He tries but it simply not happening for him at all. But the thing is that he's not the only one that's trying buy simply not making the grade. Solanke too should go. We should try and get rid of them now and get as much as we can now because their value will decrease each year. We have to realize that there are times that we have to learn to cut our losses.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
20M for Origi , 15M for Ings , 10M for Mignolet

Add that to 12M for danny ward.

That almost pays the price for allison. Not to mention the weekly wages.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
According to yesterday's Echo, Liverpool are looking to raise £100 million from player sales. As part of the clearout, Origi has been put up for sale with an asking price of £27 million. Valencia are reported to be interested.
Lol 27m are you shitting me lollollollollol even better when you add the 6m we got for his loan last season

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
lol 27m are you shitting me lollollollollol even better when you add the 6m we got for his loan last season
Don't shoot the messenger :shocked:, I was only relaying what James Pearce had written in the Echo. :eh?:

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Don't shoot the messenger :shocked:, I was only relaying what James Pearce had written in the Echo. :eh?:
Oh not a slight at you mate but just can't see how we could expect to get half that . if we want to actually sell him then that price will have to come down a lot or we'll just be stuck with him

GaryBarlow99

I don't think we will get £27m for him but he is a good player who I rate higher than Richarlison so the price is in line with the other crazy fees being paid. Origi only has 1 year left on his contract though so if we get £20m+ for him that would be a good deal.

C

Caradoc

He can still go to a European club after the English window closes but we have to be in a position squad-wise to be able to let him go in that case.

No more loans. Just drop the price enough to let him go.

Red over the water

If Ings goes to Crystal Palace I could see one or two of the clubs who miss out on him switching their sights to Origi. Teams will be getting desperate in the next few days and we may yet get a sale, though with only 1 year left on his contract it won’t be 27M.

I’m guessing Newcastle might take a punt on Origi for maybe £12-15M. Rafa needs a striker and with limited options out there at that sort of price point, he might just feel he can wake Big Div up. They like a number 9 on Tyneside and if my guess comes true, Origi needs to grasp the opportunity and make something of himself.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
If Ings goes to Crystal Palace I could see one or two of the clubs who miss out on him switching their sights to Origi. Teams will be getting desperate in the next few days and we may yet get a sale, though with only 1 year left on his contract it won’t be 27M.

I’m guessing Newcastle might take a punt on Origi for maybe £12-15M. Rafa needs a striker and with limited options out there at that sort of price point, he might just feel he can wake Big Div up. They like a number 9 on Tyneside and if my guess comes true, Origi needs to grasp the opportunity and make something of himself.
Mostly agree with this but if those teams have been bidding over 20 mill for Ings they can't suddenly pretend they don't have the money and they can pay the same for Origi. They'll be more desperate by then too with less window left.

Red over the water

Good point on the money.

Presumably the risk on our side if we set the price too high is we miss a sale to a Prem club, and then we will have to loan him to somewhere else in Europe for the last year of his contract.

It would be nice if a couple of Prem teams go head to head on Origi and the price nudges above £20M. The next week will be interesting!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Good point on the money.

Presumably the risk on our side if we set the price too high is we miss a sale to a Prem club, and then we will have to loan him to somewhere else in Europe for the last year of his contract.

It would be nice if a couple of Prem teams go head to head on Origi and the price nudges above £20M. The next week will be interesting!
It seems we have 3/4 clubs battling over Ings at over 20 million. Whoever doesn't get him will then have less time to get an alternative and we'll know what they can afford. If nothing can be done with a prem team then we can drop the price when our window is shut. Don't see a loan for final 12 months of his deal.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Mostly agree with this but if those teams have been bidding over 20 mill for Ings they can't suddenly pretend they don't have the money and they can pay the same for Origi. They'll be more desperate by then too with less window left.
But how about English premium Vs non English.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Good point on the money.

Lol we might find one stupid premier league team to buy origi but seriously do you really think there might be 2 or more teams wanting him at same time . that's alternate reality stuff right there. Personally I'd stick him in a packet of cornflakes and maybe someone will get lucky

C

Caradoc

AnfieldHQ stating that we are trying to extend Origi’s contract so that we don’t lose him on a free. Now this is a lad that we clearly don’t want who probably doesn’t feel that positive towards the club right now. Whilst I understand the added financial security of having an extra year on your contract would he not just decide to let his contract run down and leave on a free, thus increasing his options for a new club. I wonder what his advisers would be telling him in such a scenario?

Dave-D

AnfieldHQ stating that we are trying to extend Origi’s contract so that we don’t lose him on a free. Now this is a lad that we clearly don’t want who probably doesn’t feel that positive towards the club right now. Whilst I understand the added financial security of having an extra year on your contract would he not just decide to let his contract run down and leave on a free, thus increasing his options for a new club. I wonder what his advisers would be telling him in such a scenario?
But what if the club actually ain’t trying to sell him and it’s just rumours and speculation :shocked:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think there are different ways this can play out. Sure, the player and his advisors may be eager to maximise the player's options but there are benefits to getting a new deal too so it may genuinely be considered - such as having proper medical cover should a serious injury be picked up in the latter part of the season and there can still be agreements as to him being allowed to leave if a reasonable price comes in and he wants to go. Origi may believe he still has a role here - especially with Brewster being out until Christmas.

If Origi's camp refuse the deal, where is the harm in that?

Red over the water

lol we might find one stupid premier league team to buy origi but seriously do you really think there might be 2 or more teams wanting him at same time . that's alternate reality stuff right there. Personally I'd stick him in a packet of cornflakes and maybe someone will get lucky
There might be! I think I read today that maybe four Prem teams are interested in Ings, and since they can’t all get Ings, maybe Origi might come into focus for one or two of them as the window closes?

It’s a crazy old world, but maybe they will be thinking he will give them 10 goals, and that will be the difference between relegation and staying up, or whatever. When you look at the money being paid for other players who have achieved similar or less than Origi, I could conceivably see one or two have a roll of the Origi dice.

If he doesn’t go to a Prem club the money we might receive will plummet. I can’t see anyone around Europe offering more than £10M, and they will probably try for a loan deal before that too.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
Well, before we even signed this guy, his stats were nothing brilliant and I wondered why did Brendan Rodgers actually sanction this deal?

The moment he somehow got into the Ligue 1 worst team of the season, it sort of sealed his fate at Liverpool...I mean I can't think of another Liverpool player, be it in the present or the past, that tanked so badly to be Ligue 1's worst team of the season while on loan.

If we can get 10-15 mil for this fella, we should be biting their hands off...

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Ings has English premium and a longer term on his contract. Origi has no health issues and slightly more versatility. I'd say the prices for the two wouldn't be radically different.
Origi versatile than Ings? Now you are going to claim Origi is a better player than Ings too??

Status
Not open for further replies.