Divock Origi (FW) Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Origi versatile than Ings? Now you are going to claim Origi is a better player than Ings too??
Ings is harder working, seems to have a more professional attitude and better mentality. Origi seems slightly more technically and physically gifted. I'd say there's not much in it at CF but I'd Pick Ings. If you wanted a wide forward or someone who can play both roles I'd definitely go for Origi though. But the point is there's 3/4 clubs seemingly bidding over 20 million on Ings. Only one of them can sign him. We will know they all have that much money and they'll have very little time to find an Ings alternative. Wouldn't surprise me at all if one of those clubs makes an approach for Origi after failing to land Ings. Desperation makes teams willing to pay.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
I don’t understand this league. There are about 12 teams who all struggled for goals last year. Div would have no trouble getting ten for a lower half side and we’d probably let him go for about 5m.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
I don’t understand this league. There are about 12 teams who all struggled for goals last year. Div would have no trouble getting ten for a lower half side and we’d probably let him go for about 5m.
I do believe the asking price is £27m. Mind you, point still applies - I'd say he's on par with Bungle in terms of what he can provide. Probably slightly ahead actually, given his age. I could see him going to a team outside the top 6-7 and doing quite well, and the likes of Burnley and Leicester might cry poor and still shop in the bargain bin, but they have a fat wedge of that lovely, lovely telly money as well as we do.

Can only think the stories of his attitude and behaviour that wafted out of Germany last year are something of an albatross around his neck.

red arizona scott

If no one buys him I'd say keep him on the roster. With a loan he is gone on a free--yeah you save some on the salary but not much. In a pinch (terrible series of injuries or a lowely cup opponent where you need rest) --I'd play Origi. I think he is better than Solanke at the moment (loan him where he gets PT). I'd rather have Ings or Origi as the emergency forward than Solanke for the upcoming year. So if they won't sell for a fair price, take the better of the cut price deals out there for either Ings/Solanke but keep the other in case the roster gets thin. Loan Solanke where where he can get lots of minutes and where he can try to prepare to make the 1st team next year.

He may have been inconsistent, but Origi did save Wolfsburg from demotion last year and he did have some moments in the Europa run if I remember. On his good days he can be disruptive in a way useful for the team against good comp--something Solanke just hasn't shown.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
If no one buys him I'd say keep him on the roster. With a loan he is gone on a free--yeah you save some on the salary but not much. In a pinch (terrible series of injuries or a lowely cup opponent where you need rest) --I'd play Origi. I think he is better than Solanke at the moment (loan him where he gets PT). I'd rather have Ings or Origi as the emergency forward than Solanke for the upcoming year. So if they won't sell for a fair price, take the better of the cut price deals out there for either Ings/Solanke but keep the other in case the roster gets thin. Loan Solanke where where he can get lots of minutes and where he can try to prepare to make the 1st team next year.

He may have been inconsistent, but Origi did save Wolfsburg from demotion last year and he did have some moments in the Europa run if I remember. On his good days he can be disruptive in a way useful for the team against good comp--something Solanke just hasn't shown.
Just for future reference
Its called relegation over here not demotion

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
He can easily get into Newcastle,watford,Southampton squad.
He is a decent player. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't had many suitors compared to ings who has had a bad run with dangerous injuries.
I think anywhere between 15-20 million is a good price.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
He can easily get into Newcastle,watford,Southampton squad.
He is a decent player. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't had many suitors compared to ings who has had a bad run with dangerous injuries.
I think anywhere between 15-20 million is a good price.
I feel for Origi. His work rate cannot be questioned, he is always playing to full physical capacity. I just don't think he is able to think the game to match his physical ability. He also lacks any offensive guile or killer scoring instinct from 18 yards in.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
His finish against Bournemouth from an actue angle and his composure against Dortmund is what I recollect.
Always rated him. I know he can never be our 1st choice, but he can be a good backup.
He offers different dimension to our game, he can hold up play which can be useful against stubborn teams.
I think klopp would prefer sturridge and he would be better suited to us.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
As I said a few pages back, objectively he is not a player many clubs would want to invest in.

Prolonged periods of poor form for 3 separate clubs. I certainly would not be happy if I was supporting a Southampton or Leicester and my club was looking to buy him. If you are taking a chance on a player and paying a decent chunk of money you might as well do it on someone Jann-Fiete Arp or Maxi Gomez or some other youngster on an upward trajectory. Rather than take the chance you can turn Origi around, and maintain it for a significant period.

Sad as he has the physical ingredients to be a top player, the only thing letting him down is his head.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
As I said a few pages back, objectively he is not a player many clubs would want to invest in.

Prolonged periods of poor form for 3 separate clubs. I certainly would not be happy if I was supporting a Southampton or Leicester and my club was looking to buy him. If you are taking a chance on a player and paying a decent chunk of money you might as well do it on someone Jann-Fiete Arp or Maxi Gomez or some other youngster on an upward trajectory. Rather than take the chance you can turn Origi around, and maintain it for a significant period.

Sad as he has the physical ingredients to be a top player, the only thing letting him down is his head.
Saying that you're likely to be able to pick him up for less than 30 million, maybe as little as 20 million. That doesn't stretch very far in today's market when you look at deals for strikers you are either taking a massive gamble on unproven potential or getting a journey man that's never had any promise. Origi, despite not yet living up to potential, is currently as good as any of those options. And could still improve.

red arizona scott

Its called relegation over here not demotion
Knew I had the wrong word in my brain but coudn't pull it out and din't google, thanks. But Origi did have a big part of Wolfsburg not being relegated, and with their budget they had no business even being close (would have been an epic failure). I also remember him scoring or creating goals in the Europa run--that he could be disruptive even against good opponents at times. I am just saying I'd much rather have him or Ings IF we need some important emergency minutes at CF, and loan out Solanke and revisit Solanke's chance at the 1st team squad next year. I have a little confidence Origi could make a big play if called upon, I have very little confidence Solanke would come through this year if we need that same play. So please no loan than let him go for a free--at that point keep him on the squad for emergencies. Unless the loan can be cancelled if we get something drastic like Firmino out for a long period.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I'm with ISMF - he has everything but flatters to deceive. He's got to want to push on or what you see is as good as anyone signing him will get. Hunger is very different to self belief.

Ironically other managers might figure if Klopp can't turn him round, its a helluva punt.
Agree with all that. Said could. I'm of the opinion he won't and we need to get rid. But when you look at some of the prices for absolute dross this window and factor in how desperate some teams will get.... I can see someone desperately taking that chance.

C

Caradoc

The lad’s confidence is clearly at a low ebb and that is reflected in his current performances. Unfortunately he seems to be going down the Markovic route. Bags of talent but not prepared to work hard through the tough times to try to get his confidence and form back. Both players need to disappear off the radar for a season or two and try and reinvent themselves and rediscover what made them good players in the first place.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Knew I had the wrong word in my brain but coudn't pull it out and din't google, thanks. But Origi did have a big part of Wolfsburg not being relegated, and with their budget they had no business even being close (would have been an epic failure). I also remember him scoring or creating goals in the Europa run--that he could be disruptive even against good opponents at times. I am just saying I'd much rather have him or Ings IF we need some important emergency minutes at CF, and loan out Solanke and revisit Solanke's chance at the 1st team squad next year. I have a little confidence Origi could make a big play if called upon, I have very little confidence Solanke would come through this year if we need that same play. So please no loan than let him go for a free--at that point keep him on the squad for emergencies. Unless the loan can be cancelled if we get something drastic like Firmino out for a long period.
You saying that about origi made me look that up. I think he scored the important goal in the relegation play off to keep them up but overall I think he's a bit of a headless chicken tbh and I also think that good run he had for us before his injury has been a bit blown up by certain sections of our fans. Yeah he scored a few goals in consecutive games (something like 6 in 7 ) but his overall play was poor

Red over the water

I agree with the notion that Origi could be a valuable asset for a lot of teams in the Prem, and anyone outside the top 7-8 might be interested, especially if they feel they need a striker who could get them 10 goals. It could be the difference between being comfortably mid table and getting sucked into a relegation battle.

Loads of team have money and I expect someone to bite this week.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
You saying that about origi made me look that up. I think he scored the important goal in the relegation play off to keep them up but overall I think he's a bit of a headless chicken tbh and I also think that good run he had for us before his injury has been a bit blown up by certain sections of our fans. Yeah he scored a few goals in consecutive games (something like 6 in 7 ) but his overall play was poor
Yep my memory was that he showed potential to develop into a proper back up option if Firmino continued to develop into a starting level forward. Firmino did but that seemed to be an uncharacteristically productive period for Origi that hasn't been evident before or since. A bit like that 6 month run of form that led to us buying Carroll. Far too much has been made of the injury in the Everton game. Physically and technically there is nothing wrong with the guy. It seems mentality. Emotionally he just doesn't seem to fancy becoming motivated, committed and passionate about his performances and his career. If he had half the heart of Kuyt he'd be a star by now I reckon.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
I still say Origi would have hit that next level, had that cnut Funes Mori not cut him down at the end if the season with a Europa final looming. Definitely set him back.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I still say Origi would have hit that next level, had that cnut Funes Mori not cut him down at the end if the season with a Europa final looming. Definitely set him back.
Maybe killed his desire. Put a dampener on his mojo. Didn't do much physical damage. He was back for the final less than a month later wasn't he?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
He did score more goals than £60m wonderkid Pulisic last season.
Yes the 23 year old who played 26 games as a CF and 7 games as a winger scored 2 goals more than the 19 year old attacking midfielder who played wide. Pulisic chalked up 7 assists too though to Origis 3. If Origi had motivation and a hard working attitude (and longer than 12 months left on his deal) we probably wouldn't be selling him for 1 and itd probably be for over 40 million if we were for another.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
If Origi had motivation and a hard working attitude (and longer than 12 months left on his deal) we probably wouldn't be selling him for 1 and itd probably be for over 40 million if we were for another.
You are claiming he lacked the motivation and attitude..... You know this how?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Funny how you haven't challenged @ubermick in such a way? He's mentioned it more than me.
That's because I have only seen it in this page.... so it's a public knowledge that he doesn't have the motivation and bad work ethics? Or you're just taking one's word for it and use it? I have not been on for nearly a week - so no chance on reading every page.

Anyway - could he just be due to lacking in the quality or ability to progress to the heights the manager required him to do? If he's lazy, he would have been sold off last season. And I have no problem questioning anyone in here....

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
That's because I have only seen it in this page.... so it's a public knowledge that he doesn't have the motivation and bad work ethics? Or you're just taking one's word for it and use it? I have not been on for nearly a week - so no chance on reading every page.

Anyway - could he just be due to lacking in the quality or ability to progress to the heights the manager required him to do? If he's lazy, he would have been sold off last season. And I have no problem questioning anyone in here....
Maybe you should actually read what has already been discussed before challenging people in the hopes of starting arguments then?

Status
Not open for further replies.